Trying To Break 90 Club

Can I join? :desire: My #1 goal this summer has been to break 90. I have done it twice at the easiest course around but that doesn't count. :arrogant: I have got to do it in tournament play. My biggest issue is having big holes. If the worst score I posted was double bogey then I'll have to resign from the club!

Way to go! Be a scratch plyer nnext year!
Tnx... hopefully, I'll get close to at least shooting low 90's high 80's before summer is over... I'll be happy to be a low to mid 80's player next year... :)

Shot a 84 (43/41) today, on a par 70 course. My personal best! Super excited about that. The course was amazing, beautiful, and tons of fun. The company was even better (GC and her BF). I've been playing a new SeeMore putter, and I've never holed so many putts inside 10 feet before. I also just found out I won the Miyazaki contest. It's been a glorious day!

Shot a 84 (43/41) today, on a par 70 course. My personal best! Super excited about that. The course was amazing, beautiful, and tons of fun. The company was even better (GC and her BF). I've been playing a new SeeMore putter, and I've never holed so many putts inside 10 feet before. I also just found out I won the Miyazaki contest. It's been a glorious day!
awesome... keep up the good work on the putting...

I'll join the club.

My typical score is around 96 (I seem to fall apart on 2 holes per round, needlessly adding about 4-6 strokes to my game). I'm playing graphite shafts, but need steel. Made some big progress in driving, which was already decent and got some good putting pointers. Keep your fingers crossed, kids!

I finally broke 90 this year. Twice in 1 week too! I went golfing 4 times last week and shot 87-91-90-87. I had birdie putts on the last hole in both of my 90 rounds. Pared 1 and 3 putt the other. Left a lot of shots out there, but I'm really happy about my game right now.

Had an 85 going into 18 yesterday. 2nd shot in the water. Triple B. 92. Should not have counted the strokes before teeing off...

I have shot 92, 92, 91 the last three rounds I have played and two of those were on new courses. My golftec instructor wants my final goal to break 90, but I told him that I am going to do that way before my lessons are over. I told him that my goal was to break 80 by the time we are done.

Had an 85 going into 18 yesterday. 2nd shot in the water. Triple B. 92. Should not have counted the strokes before teeing off...

Yeah I don't count up anything till my round is done not even the front nine. You were close though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the feeling that you're going to do that Seth.....new sticks.....ever improving game. All ready to go only to be humbled by the Bear Trap just like the rest of us at the Fall Outing
I have shot 92, 92, 91 the last three rounds I have played and two of those were on new courses. My golftec instructor wants my final goal to break 90, but I told him that I am going to do that way before my lessons are over. I told him that my goal was to break 80 by the time we are done.

I have the feeling that you're going to do that Seth.....new sticks.....ever improving game. All ready to go only to be humbled by the Bear Trap just like the rest of us at the Fall Outing

Oh, that Bear Trap. I can't wait to try to navigate my way through that thing. How about I try to break 90 on that stretch haha.

I have been trying to break the big 90 for awhile now.
Been close a few times but just haven't been able to do it.
Shot 42 on the front yesterday but got rained out on the back 9.
Will be heading to Thailand for 4 days of golf.
Probably won't happen there but at least I have a few cracks at it.

I'll join the club.

My typical score is around 96 (I seem to fall apart on 2 holes per round, needlessly adding about 4-6 strokes to my game). I'm playing graphite shafts, but need steel. Made some big progress in driving, which was already decent and got some good putting pointers. Keep your fingers crossed, kids!

Well I did it yesterday! Scored an 89! I feel like it was a bit of a fluke but I'll take it.

***Ooops, double posted somehow***

Last edited:
I did it and now I am setting my sights on 79. The monkey is off the back.

I am in the club! Just finished my third sub 100 round (98, 97, 95) so I am booted out of the trying to break 100 forum. Still pretty excited about breaking 100 so I won't be too phased about getting under 90 for a while, but my initial goal is to try and get to true bogey golf (92 or 93) then work on getting birdies. Anyway good to be here!

Man I had one of those dang weekends where the putting was on, but the driver was off. Shot a 44 on the front 9 Saturday, but decided to do the OOB thing on 10 and 12 for a 7 & 7... add in a proud snowman on 18 and I came in with a 48. Only one three-putt, though, so that is a definite victory. Amazing how a 2 or 3 mishits can snowball into a couple bad holes... thus sabotaging an entire round! One of these days it's gonna all come together.

I was simultaneously enrolled in the 100 and 90 clubs. After shooting 92 and 96 back in March, my next two rounds were 104 and (gulp) over 115 (I stopped keeping track). The last few months I've only had time for 9 hole courses, and have shot in the upper 40s.

This Saturday I finally got to go out for 18 on a 6400 yd course. Started out with 2 pars, but went double, triple, quadruple on 6, 7 and 8, for 13 over. So I thought I had a decent chance at breaking 100. Unexpectedly went 5 over on the next 10 holes to finish at an even 90.

Getting sooo close. Played the entire day without my driver, which seemed to be the key back in March. Only get 200 yards with my 4 wood, though, and holes 6, 7 and 8 were three of the five par 4s that were over 400 yards. Nine over for those three holes, and nine over for the remaining 15 holes. So I think straightening out my driver will be essential to breaking 90.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I did it yesterday! Scored an 89! I feel like it was a bit of a fluke but I'll take it.

Good Job!! Keep it up and you will have more.

Got soo close, shot a 90 a few weeks ago. Best to date but lately ive started playing from blues where im happy with a 101. Really need to tighten up the middle irons...and stop losing 3-5 shots flubbing 5-20 out from the green getting scared.

Finally broke 90 again with an 87, first time since I bagged an 89 July of last year. Now if I can only repeat it.

Finally did it!

I can honestly attribute the 88 I shot today to my new :seemore: putter, it has definitely made me more confident on the greens.

And for anyone feeling discouraged, just keep pluggin' away. I shot 90 four times this year before finally getting over the hump! :laugh:

Back