Trying To Break 90 Club

As I posted in another thread, broke 90 for the first time today. My previous best was 91. Shot an 85. There were a lot of strokes I could have taken off as well. I am very happy with my day. I hope to stay within this thread for a while:act-up:

As I posted in another thread, broke 90 for the first time today. My previous best was 91. Shot an 85. There were a lot of strokes I could have taken off as well. I am very happy with my day. I hope to stay within this thread for a while:act-up:

Dude nice round! Im trying to get back in here after my career low 84 a few weeks ago!

Great shooting OEM! You should be making plans to jump to the 80's thread.

My bad OEM. I misread the post.

lol its all good. Ive been going the wrong direction ever since that 84. Need to get back to the game I was playing earlier!

Well a week ago I shot a 44, and a 42 on 9 holes. Got to dark to play the back 9, but I woulda liked to think that was my chance to get into the mid 80's. One will never know.

Sine then, I have lost my swing, and haven't even tried golfing in about 5 days(which is long for me). The last time I went out, I shot a 56 on 9 holes.

I feel ya on this. I've been close to breaking 90 about 2-3 times in the last year. Last week I had a 43 on the front 9 and had a couple of bad holes on 10 & 11 but recovered nicely on 12 for par. Got a bogey on #13 and all of a sudden I hear the weather siren go off......lightning in the area.......everyone off the course. In 5 minutes it was a downpour and the course was closed.

I played yesterday and had a 50 on the front 9. My driver was terrible. I need to go to the driving range to regroup. Not hitting more fairways is probably the main reason I haven't broken 90 yet.

Hi,
I broke 100 with a 97 bck on 6/20. I played a few 9 hole rounds that ranged between 46 and 55. Most were sub 50.

I played 18 twice since breaking 100. I shot a 93 and 91 respectively. The breaking 100 group suggested I move into this thread after I posted the 93. The 93 was a 43/50 and todays 91 was a 45/46. I had to scramble today since my tee shots got worse then they were when I shot the 93. SOhere I am :)

Congrats on the good rounds fellers.

Welcome and great shooting.

Shot a 49 fron and 43 back (92). Last two holes on the back were blow ups. Carded a 7 on both. Driver just killed me today. Oh well there is always tomorrow.

Hi,
I broke 100 with a 97 bck on 6/20. I played a few 9 hole rounds that ranged between 46 and 55. Most were sub 50.

I played 18 twice since breaking 100. I shot a 93 and 91 respectively. The breaking 100 group suggested I move into this thread after I posted the 93. The 93 was a 43/50 and todays 91 was a 45/46. I had to scramble today since my tee shots got worse then they were when I shot the 93. SOhere I am :)

Haha! Got kicked out did you? Well, welcome to the next break club!

gout out early today at 6:30 am. Ran into some friends so we had had a three-some. Good seeing those guys. I brought out the TaylorMade 09 Burners to use today. First hole started out with Par so the day looked promising. Played pertty good on the front except for two holes. On #6 I hit a pretty good drive and was about 207 out. I stepped up with one of the G15 hybrids and pulled or pushed ( I dont know which you call it) that sucker straight left. Great contact, ball flight and everything. Ball landed behind a tree. Next shot was mis hit that landed on the cart path. A couple bad chips and two putts later I was in the hole. This was a text book example of letting one shot cost you two. Great swing. Bad alignment. Followed that up with a double and then, bogey, bogey. Ended up with a 45 on the front. The back nine was pretty consistent: bogey, par, 4 bogey's, par, bogey, bogey, and shot 44. The 89 today felt like a solid round for me. I still can get wild and have a blow up hole or two and you just have to not let it affect your play. I think my confidence is growing which is a good thing and I take the blow up hole as just part of my game....for now that is.

Felt really good all day about ball striking with all the clubs. I do need to work more on my alignment. I had forgotten just how good those 09 Burners felt. I had not played with them in a couple of months since getting the G15's and must say those clubs rock. I am working on my tempo now to not be so quick in my take away. I have been really quick with that. I am going to put these in normal rotation and try playing these more.

Played 9 yesterday and shot an awesome 50.... I was solid except for the 9 on a par 3, ouch. First tee shot was pulled into the trees. My provisional was pushed into a tree and short of the stream. My pitch across hit a branch and went in the stream.... So no sign of my first ball, on the green in 7, great stuff!

There was some good stuff though. I started to make solid contact and compressed the ball with some of my iron shots. I was over the green on #1 and 3. I roll around to #9 which is a par 5, dogleg right. My driver lands in the left rough past the corner. I take my 7i, my 130 club, and make great contact, so i GPS it and the ball went 157. I'm 170 from center and about 155 from the front. I figure that I'm hitting my irons longer then normal, so i'll use my 6i which is my 140 club and see if I can roll on the front. I make great contact and it's a draw that lands to the left of the green and rolls on. I set the GPS and my '140' club went 171 and it wasn't skulled....

So I need to work out my new yardages. I'm thinking of bumping them up by 15. A slightly fat shot is 10 yards longer then my old distance and a pure one seems to be 30 yards longer, but pure is rare I think.

We'll see...

Played a pretty tough course today at 8:00. Shot a 45 on the front nine. After parring the first 3 holes I finished with 7s on 8 & 9. Shot 45 on the back nine. All pars and bogys except the par 16th. 525 dog left with an island green. Tin cup 2 balls in the water for a 9.

Still, a very enjoyable day.

I've had two rounds in a row of exactly 90 so I'm pretty determined to shoot in the 80's this weekend. I'm playing at a course I love and I'm actually gonna warm-up before the round so wish me luck! Shouldn't be difficult if I just play smart and don't blow up on any holes.

nice rounds horton, good luck on beaking 90!

I was thinking the same thing Sacul! they booted him into our thread! welcome aboard bortass!

Haha! Got kicked out did you? Well, welcome to the next break club!

Good luck Horton. Let us know how far below 90 you shoot.

I went out and played today. Used a new putter (SeeMore Si1) great stick with a soft insert. Putting was pretty good today and driver is coming around. Irons were good but Hybrids were the best overall today with the 23* and 31* G15 hybrids being on the money. Fell short in my sand game. It just killed me today and is the primary reason I shot 93. Today's bunker play off BIG TIME. Couldnt get out on the first shot to save my life. Oh well, the next round can always be different.

I went out and played today. Used a new putter (SeeMore Si1) great stick with a soft insert. Putting was pretty good today and driver is coming around. Irons were good but Hybrids were the best overall today with the 23* and 31* G15 hybrids being on the money. Fell short in my sand game. It just killed me today and is the primary reason I shot 93. Today's bunker play off BIG TIME. Couldnt get out on the first shot to save my life. Oh well, the next round can always be different.

Sounds like you were darn close SMG. Keep it up and you'll be breaking in all the time.

Shot 92 on a unfamiliar course yesterday, no penalties, & +1 on the par 3s. It was the 4 holes that I 3 putted that got me :(.

Well, my ball striking was really improved this Sunday. But wow, I couldn't make a putt to save my life.

I had at least 4 holes on the front 9 where I GIR'd and three putted for bogey... that hurts. So after struggling with my putting and blowing up on a couple holes, probably due to my putter breaking my will, I finished with a 99.

But that's OK, I'll just keep grinding it out and I'll be sure to spend a lot of time on the practice green this week. I'm playing 18 holes on Friday and Sunday so perhaps one of those rounds will be the one. :act-up:

I'm just checkin' in here since my goal is to break 90's this summer... I picked up golf again after a 10 year hiatus... played for only a few months back in 99 and never really touched the clubs again... but now, I'm all for breaking 90's... my problem as of now is my short game... more specifically pitching and chipping... just confused on which club to use on different situations... I currently have a P, A, and 56 degree in the bag... need to schedule a lesson with my golf pro and spend some time on the practice greens... LoLz...

86 today!!! YaY... :D

Back