Transitions Championship [Spoilers]

It has always been called that for some reason and I asked the GM that years ago. He said it is called that because of the types of trees they have in place. You dont see Palm trees or regular FL trees there and evidently much of the landscaping is similar to that of NC golf courses.

Yeah, there are a lot of Pines there so perhaps I get it. They are scattered about though, not like the Pines around here. It's a good looking golf course. Where is Innisbrook exactly?

Yeah, there are a lot of Pines there so perhaps I get it. They are scattered about though, not like the Pines around here. It's a good looking golf course. Where is Innisbrook exactly?

Palm Harbor. Just north of clearwater and north east of Clearwater beach. In relation that is west of Tampa.

Palm Harbor. Just north of clearwater and north east of Clearwater beach. In relation that is west of Tampa.

Thanks. Personally, I like courses like this on tour. I like that courses like this and Harbor Town, where ball striking is more of the premium than just bombing. I'm actually surprised to that Justin Rose is playing so well, he played like crap last week.

Thanks. Personally, I like courses like this on tour. I like that courses like this and Harbor Town, where ball striking is more of the premium than just bombing. I'm actually surprised to that Justin Rose is playing so well, he played like crap last week.

Very true and yet it plays incredibly long. I think its just over 7300 yards.

Very true and yet it plays incredibly long. I think its just over 7300 yards.

Really? Even with 5 par 3's huh? The 3's all seem to be over 200 yards.

Ive havent had a chance to grab alot of coverage this week but I grabbed some last night. The course appears to be in fantastic shape, and the layout appears to be a little unusual for tour standards. Just different really. Beautiful golf course.

Really? Even with 5 par 3's huh? The 3's all seem to be over 200 yards.

You are right there, the 3s are fairly long. It gives a chance to guys that dont hit it 350.

Ive havent had a chance to grab alot of coverage this week but I grabbed some last night. The course appears to be in fantastic shape, and the layout appears to be a little unusual for tour standards. Just different really. Beautiful golf course.

Can you elaborate? I find this interesting.

Can you elaborate? I find this interesting.

On the unusual part- it just doesn't look like every other golf course played on tour. It has a few twists and turns that are pretty unique(if I remember correctly. I just remember watching it and saying: "hmm. thats different")

On the shape- Fairways look pretty good, rough looks really good, greens appear to be rolling pretty well, although the colour doesnt favour that(green isnt everything people!!!)

That Brendon de Jonge is a fairly unattractive man.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

That Brendon de Jonge is a fairly unattractive man.

Your crazy, he's a dream boat.

Lol TC you are actually totally right. He looks super scary. You know who else is pretty unattractive? Cameron Percy:

00000201-image.jpg

Nick Watney is a terrible at interviews. Poor guy.

Nick Watney is a terrible at interviews. Poor guy.

He should take lessons from P4B on the radio show. :alien:

He should take lessons from P4B on the radio show. :alien:

Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh.......................good one JB

Is it just me or...

corey-haim.jpg
pga_g_watney01_300.jpg

I concur. It adds the strategy that golf was designed to be. I enjoy bubba and dustin as much as the next guy, but guys going driver-wedge every hole doesn't make for interesting discussion

i just heard on the race broadcast that nascar drive david gillim (sp?) was a high school golf teammate of Eldrick Woods. Those must be some crazy reunions

De Jonge looks like one of the assistants at the country club I play at

De Jonge:
dejonge-tourcard.jpg

Justin Rose falling apart at the seams. i don't like his body language right now at all.

Simpson had a 2 shot lead but just went waay right off the tee, so far right that miller refered to it as a "tiger woods drive", lol

woodland with a birdie to move one back

woodland throws a tiger tantrum after hitting a wayward drive right. no longer rooting for him, unfortunately in my younger days i pulled a move like that a time or two on the tee, still embarressed about it to this day

Honestly I am so baffled at the life of a PGA Pro. Take a look at De Jonge:

2010:

34 Starts
24 Cuts Made
0 Wins
7 Top 10's

and he made over 2 million dollars.

Lol TC you are actually totally right. He looks super scary. You know who else is pretty unattractive? Cameron Percy:

00000201-image.jpg

You wont have an easy time getting a table for one at the Chuck E Cheese looking like that...

De Jonge looks like a guy whoses nickname is moose and makes a living collecting juice loans for a guy named vinny

Back