Transitions Championship [Spoilers]

I agree justin rose is starting to fall apart. That new putter is letting him down today although he isn't leaving himself very many short putts

Rose was cruising along (they said 39 straight holes without a bogey or something like that), then he made that bogey at the 8th, i think, then followed up by yipping a putt and making bogey at the next hole, his body language is screaming "holy bleep, holy bleep, what do i do, holy bleep".

woodland's troubles on the par 5 continue, hits a sand shot that releases way to the otherside the green, needs a championship two putt to avoid double. yikes

Vinny boombatz De Jonge with a birdie, he, woodland and simpson are tied at 14 under, but woodland has a bogey putt so he'll be either one or two back depending on if he makes it

....simpson has to punch through some trees and will be hitting his third at the par 5 11th from a nasty looking lie a long way from the hole. Vinny de jonge should be in sole ownership of the lead here shortly.

Vinny boombatz De Jonge with a birdie, he, woodland and simpson are tied at 14 under, but woodland has a bogey putt so he'll be either one or two back depending on if he makes it

....simpson has to punch through some trees and will be hitting his third at the par 5 11th from a nasty looking lie a long way from the hole. Vinny de jonge should be in sole ownership of the lead here shortly.

That will catapult OneT way into the lead!

From the iPhone.

Im sure those of you who do fantasy golf are going crazy with all the lead changes lol. Im waiting til the second half to join fantasy golf but I can tell many of you are very in to it.

Im sure those of you who do fantasy golf are going crazy with all the lead changes lol. Im waiting til the second half to join fantasy golf but I can tell many of you are very in to it.

You can join now and get some practice. You don't need to wait to join.

From the iPhone.

woodland with a huge birdie at the par 3 to take a one shot lead. that putt rolled around every inch of the cup before dropping. march madness!

simpson with a huge slight down hill left to right birdie putt to tie woodland. we are officially in a battle down the stretch.

huge flop shot by simpson to save par at the par 3. de jonge caught a bad break hitting into some of the nastiest rough on the course (it one hoped and completely disapeared), could barely advance it to the first cut, so he makes bogey on the 12th to fall two shots back. tough luck for my man vinny

woodland with another birdie to move to 16 under. De Jonge in the bunker on 13th, his run may be done

woodland looks to be in trouble at the 15th. that hole looks straight up NASTY. JB, can you confirm it's nastiness?

Last edited:
woodland bogeys the par 3, simpson makes par the par 5 hole behind him. all knotted up at -15 under, woodland with 3 to play, simpson with 4 to play.

Woodland with the bogey on 15.
a6890836-6ac3-c582.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stallings birdies 14 to get to 14 under....according to shot tracker, nbc's leaderboard lists him at 13 under. ok cleared up some confusion. he's 14 under after birdieing the 15th. shot tracker has corrected, not sure what went wrong but he's officially 14 under through 15

woodland's drive at 16 is good in the fairway, simpson's tee shot finds the front fringe at the par 3 15th

michigan's last second runner to tie duke misses, duke moving on to the sweet 16

simpson putts to tap in range from the fringe, he'll stay at 15 under. woodland's approach shot from 191 lands with a thud in the right hand bunker. he's lucky that didn't end up in the trees

stallings drive on 16 is in the water with a fairway metal, it's in the middle of the lake so he's going to have to drop in a not so good spot a long way from the hole.

woodland's sand shot carries to far past the hole and ends up just on the fringe. not good at all, miller roasting him for it.

simpson's fairway metal on 16 safely in the fairway

Woodland's par putt falls just short, he'll bogey to fall one shot off the lead with 2 to play

Vinny De Jonge has fallen off a cliff, yipping short putts on his last 3 holes

simpsons approach on 16 lands short to the left, not terrible, not great. safe.

Woodland hits a very nice shot on the par 3 17th, lands just short of the cup and rolls a few feet past. not a gimmie by any stretch, but an excellent shot none the less....Wow what a putt. woodland makes birdie at the 17th (only the second birdie all day), looked like a slight down hill double breaker.

simpson's chip from the first cut runs up past the hole a foot, maybe 2 feet. should be a par......yup, sinks it.

Simpson heads to the 17th and Woodland heads to the 18th all tied at -15. stallings made double, nearest score to the top 2 is three shots back at 12 under

according nbc, before the round woodland's plan was to hit fairway wood off the tee on 18, instead he takes out a 2 iron and drills it in the right side of the fairway.

simpson and his caddy discussing the yardage. decisively picks a 4 iron. and the shot.......ends up way right on a sidehill lie in the bunker. very little green to work with, will have to be a championship up and down

Woodland surveying his approach to 18.
a6890836-720a-f61c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodland's approach appears to be on the fringe, he and johnny miller don't like it. i didn't see it, was checking the osu-george mason game.

stallings hits a great shot from the same bunker (nearly the same lie) as simpson. let's see if it helps webb

unbelievable bunker shot by webb, lobs it in to tap in range. his short game has been championship level all day, if he wins that'll be the difference between him and woodland

nbc describing woodland's putt from the fringe as 50 feet, downhill with a ridge between him and the hole. very easy to 3 putt, especially under the circumstances. Gary Koch describes it as a nightmare....rolls it a long way past the hole (i want to say 12 feet, i'm terrible at reading putt distances in feet)

simpson's tee shot, takes driver and pulls it into the leftside fairway bunker

according to miller woodland is 16/16 on putts inside of 20 feet today aaaaand he rolls it in pure. huuuuge putt, 17/17

I don't carry a 2I but if I did I don't think I would be able to launch it from a canon 284 regardless of the fact that it was downhill. I am pretty happy with 3I making 210. That does not translate into a 2I going 284. What a heck of a shot that was by Woodland.

I'm loving this finish, two young gun, up and comers battling it out with a pretty solid field well behind them. Regardless of who pulls this out I'm happy for them.

Miller and his dumb 3 metal comments. 3 WOOD!

And then 17 for 17, putts inside 20'!!!! Maybe it is Woodland's day.

webb's got a clean lie, but his feet are well above the ball on a down slope and he's gotta hit big draw to get it on. Simpson has missed 10 greens today yet he's -3 for the day with 20 putts. not too shabby

nearly hits a tree but hits the green and rolls off the back on to the first cut (no more than 15 or 20 feet right of where woodland's approach landed). he'll need to continue his short game wizardry to force a playoff

...dottie thinks it's a good lie, thinks he can put some spin on it, the ball is going to go past the hole because of the down slope.....and it rolls past the hole, waaay past the hole, on to the fringe. not good at alll. his worst chip of the day, he's going to need a miracle to force a playoff now

Ouch...just tuned in to watch that chip. Like they said, could have used a club with a little more loft there I think.

Wow...was hoping he's put it a little closer than that on the attempt :sad:

Back