Tiger Woods 2012 Video Game

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12

I've long played these games, and have always enjoyed them. I don't get the newest incarnation every year but every couple of years I will when I feel there's enough improvement to warrant it. This is definetly one of those years. They now have Augusta National and The Masters. I can't wait to play this.
A few years ago it seemed like there were more golf video games to choose from. I remember getting Links and there was one called PGA Championship Golf that you could design your own courses with. I miss having more options. Tiger Woods is good, but I feel like there's room for a harder core simulation game. I sometimes play World Golf Tour online, but I have never been completely happy with the swing mechanics of it.
Anyway, really looking forward to this game. There always solid. Anyone else play these?

I love it. Cant wait til it comes out.
I've long played these games, and have always enjoyed them. I don't get the newest incarnation every year but every couple of years I will when I feel there's enough improvement to warrant it. This is definetly one of those years. They now have Augusta National and The Masters. I can't wait to play this.
A few years ago it seemed like there were more golf video games to choose from. I remember getting Links and there was one called PGA Championship Golf that you could design your own courses with. I miss having more options. Tiger Woods is good, but I feel like there's room for a harder core simulation game. I sometimes play World Golf Tour online, but I have never been completely happy with the swing mechanics of it.
Anyway, really looking forward to this game. There always solid. Anyone else play these?

Theres already a thread on this somewhere, and im sure itll be merged. But its tough to search for because of the thread title.

I think I'll get it. Since TW 07 i've been wondering where the caddy option is, and finally we have one. I wish they would incorporate more of the off course lifestyle in the game though, like choosing sponsors, signing contracts etc etc. I even wish there was an actual be a pro mode like NHL where you started off in College and then perhaps it makes you go to Q school and try and qualify for the PGA. Perhaps start on the Nationwide tour.

I would love to see college golf included in the future games.
I think I'll get it. Since TW 07 i've been wondering where the caddy option is, and finally we have one. I wish they would incorporate more of the off course lifestyle in the game though, like choosing sponsors, signing contracts etc etc. I even wish there was an actual be a pro mode like NHL where you started off in College and then perhaps it makes you go to Q school and try and qualify for the PGA. Perhaps start on the Nationwide tour.

Yeah I feel that they could definitly expand the career mode. There's alot of options they could include. Maybe a Q school segment. My last version of the game is a couple years old so maybe they've already added some content I'm not aware of. Playing Augusta will be fun.

I used to be a big Links player, but like many other examples, when Microsoft bought Access Software the series dried up pretty quickly. The last incarnation still holds up pretty well, but isn't compatible with nvidia video cards for some reason so I had to quit playing.

The one big plus on Links was that you couldn't regularly shoot in the 50s for 18 like you can in Tiger.

Yeah I feel that they could definitly expand the career mode. There's alot of options they could include. Maybe a Q school segment. My last version of the game is a couple years old so maybe they've already added some content I'm not aware of. Playing Augusta will be fun.

In TW 2005 I beleive it was they had an actual sponsors part where the better you did the more sponsors you earned, it was irrelevant and you had like 40 sponsors at once, but it was a nice little touch. Wish they would bring it back but where you could have 14 club deals, clothing deals, etc.

The one big plus on Links was that you couldn't regularly shoot in the 50s for 18 like you can in Tiger.

I agree with you 100% on that AD. I used to like the Links games too. It was also nice that you could just buy discs with different courses instead of having to go buy a new game every year.

I'm highly likely to purchase this one. I have a first generation PS3 but only because I was able to convince the wife that it was the best BluRay player on the market (which it really is!). So now I've got to download the demo and then like mentioned before, I'm highly likely to go out and purchase the real deal! Next up will have to be the MOVE setup...

jlukes on xbox360. Cannot wait. I pass on last year's version, but this is a huge update, so I look forward to getting it on release day.

I used to be a big Links player, but like many other examples, when Microsoft bought Access Software the series dried up pretty quickly. The last incarnation still holds up pretty well, but isn't compatible with nvidia video cards for some reason so I had to quit playing.

I lived on Links LS growing up. However, I always shot in the 50's. My record was 48 at Kapalua Bay. Man I loved that game.

In TW 2005 I beleive it was they had an actual sponsors part where the better you did the more sponsors you earned, it was irrelevant and you had like 40 sponsors at once, but it was a nice little touch. Wish they would bring it back but where you could have 14 club deals, clothing deals, etc.

Dent, they are bringing back sponsors this year as you play through your career. Instead of purchasing equipment with your earned XP it just earns you better sponsorships, and then once you get sponsored you can start to use some of their products. I was missing this feature as well because I really enjoyed getting sponsorships. It made the career more feel more authentic. Too bad you can't create your own logos like you used to be able to do, because then I could use my character online and be sponsored by THP! Everyone would know where I belong!

Guess I need to play more as I have never shot in the 50s when it is set up for the back tees with no aids and hardest pin placements. Will be buying TW12 for sure though.

Dent, they are bringing back sponsors this year as you play through your career. Instead of purchasing equipment with your earned XP it just earns you better sponsorships, and then once you get sponsored you can start to use some of their products. I was missing this feature as well because I really enjoyed getting sponsorships. It made the career more feel more authentic. Too bad you can't create your own logos like you used to be able to do, because then I could use my character online and be sponsored by THP! Everyone would know where I belong!

Right on! I'm really excited for this edition then. The XP thing was just stupid. I think on 05' I still have 32 mil hangin around there with nothin to spend it on. It's too bad you couldn't buy mistresses.

You dont buy them dent. You hit it and quit it. Then pay them off! Lol
Right on! I'm really excited for this edition then. The XP thing was just stupid. I think on 05' I still have 32 mil hangin around there with nothin to spend it on. It's too bad you couldn't buy mistresses.

They have made this game EXTREMELY easy this year. Now, instead of having to "take a little off", you can just move and aim and use a full swing every time.

They have made this game EXTREMELY easy this year. Now, instead of having to "take a little off", you can just move and aim and use a full swing every time.

That's lame. Tour Pro is the way to go. They still have that option this year, right?

Thanier I played the demo and still had to judge the distance I brought the club back. Which difficulty did you play on? I did notice that the caddie feature pretty much aims and plays the game for you if you use it. You can just select the caddy advice you want and then take a full swing. I will not be using the caddy feature for sure.

I havent played it yet, I was basing it off of reviews. They said you dont need to knock it down with the joysticks, you can just aim and use a full swing every time
Thanier I played the demo and still had to judge the distance I brought the club back. Which difficulty did you play on? I did notice that the caddie feature pretty much aims and plays the game for you if you use it. You can just select the caddy advice you want and then take a full swing. I will not be using the caddy feature for sure.

Just got my shipping confirmation from Amazon. I couldn't be happier with Amazon on this particular order. Release-day(overnight) delivery for just .99 cents.

To sweeten the deal Amazon was offering a $20 account credit to anyone who pre-ordered the game.

Yeah me too cant wait to try this out! Amazon shipping rates are fantastic. Cant for mine to arrive!

I received a text message from Gamestop which was a surprise, but I guess the game is available to be picked up tomorrow morning.

20 minutes til I fly upto walmart and grab me some tiger. Xbox 360 is the way to go.

From the iPhone.

Back