Tiger vs. Scottie : Who had/has more competition?

It’s Tiger and it’s not that close.

That being said, I’m just enjoying the run Scottie is on. Watching a top tier player when they’re running on all 12 cylinders is a lot of fun to watch.

OMG, we’re putting TW and Scottie in the same sentence already.

Scottie is not even in the same sentence as Phil, pump the brakes.
Yeah... its really not a comparison. Tiger's 14 majors (plus a Player's) in 12 years vs. Scottie's 10 total wins (2 Masters & 2 Players). The LIV deal makes me want to say Tiger had better competition at least at the top. Overall fields have to be better now, right?
Then I look at the runners up during Tiger's run and about half are HOFer's and half were average dudes who had a good week.

🐅

How is it Scottie?

Tiger had Philip Mickelson and Ernest Els.....both with several majors and in their prime.

Scottie has been around a few years, the only guy reasonably close to either of those guys is Koepka and he spent a year of that time as Sad Koepka
Phil didn't win a major until Tiger had already won 8 majors.

It's Scottie. The fields are MUCH deeper now. Much. It's not close.

I’m so tired of comparing eras.

I’m just going to sit back and see how far he can ride this, because it could be a really really special thing we are seeing unfold.

Tiger and its not even close.
Scottie doesn't have 1 player who he battles. Tiger had Phil among others.

OMG, we’re putting TW and Scottie in the same sentence already.

Scottie is not even in the same sentence as Phil, pump the brakes.
It’s……conversation.

These are the topics that are a lot of fun. Golf talk is fun.

Phil didn't win a major until Tiger had already won 8 majors.
Remember when Phil was referred to as the "Best to never win a Major" ?

Tiger and its not even close.
Scottie doesn't have 1 player who he battles. Tiger had Phil among others.
By battle, you mean bloodbath, yeah? Because Phil didn’t really ever compete through the first 8.

Yep. For years.
Fun fact; Phil didnt win his first major until he was 34 years old, he then won 6 Majors.

Rory is 34...

Fun fact; Phil didnt win his first major until he was 34 years old, he then won 6 Majors.

Rory is 34...
Phil had mental resolve though. Rory…..

Plus, I don’t think Scottie and company are going to take a 7i to the dome any time soon from a jilted spouse haha

Plus, I don’t think Scottie and company are going to take a 7i to the dome any time soon from a jilted spouse haha
LMAO.

Just snorted and people in this meeting think I am losing it.

It’s……conversation.

It's a conversation but it's not really a question right?
Kinda like MJ vs Lebron it's not really up for debate!

Remember when Phil was referred to as the "Best to never win a Major" ?
There's always a person who's the "best to never win xxxxxx" It's just mindblowing.

I didn't watch golf back then, so I don't really have an opinion but if you want to incite some drama Scottie started winning after LIV so it's obviously a conspiracy.

(I'm kidding don't hate me)

Phil had an ability to forget bad shots, mostly because up to that point there were A LOT of bad shots that cost Phil majors.

There's always a person who's the "best to never win xxxxxx" It's just mindblowing.

I didn't watch golf back then, so I don't really have an opinion but if you want to incite some drama Scottie started winning after LIV so it's obviously a conspiracy.

(I'm kidding don't hate me)
That was my first reply in this thread... The departure of golfer to LIV has an impact on the Scottie legacy. However, he does play those guys in the majors and has 2 since most left.

It's a conversation but it's not really a question right?
Kinda like MJ vs Lebron it's not really up for debate!
Yet people debate that all the time.

There's a case for a lot of people, not necessarily to me if we're talking basketball but you cannot say with a straight face that it's not a debate that's been happening between MJ and Lebron for years - if it wasn't a debate people would not be having it. No one is debating MJ vs Brian Scalabrine just like no one is debating Tiger vs Joel Dahmen.

That was my first reply in this thread... The departure of golfer to LIV has an impact on the Scottie legacy. However, he does play those guys in the majors and has 2 since most left.
I know - what happens if/when everyone gets back together in a few years though? Scottie is 27 so he's got a lot of game left to play.

I know - what happens if/when everyone gets back together in a few years though? Scottie is 27 so he's got a lot of game left to play.
Brooks takes over the world. That's what happens.

It’s……conversation.

Okay, Mr. Editor.

While we’re editing “is fun”

Phil has 46 PGAT wins 4 International wins and 6 Majors one set a record as being the oldest man to win a Major, he made 536/663 cuts let's not forget T-2 Masters last year.

Scottie does not belong in the same sentence/conversation whatever you wanna call it and he is surely not in the same paragraph as TW. 😂

I’m so tired of comparing eras.

I’m just going to sit back and see how far he can ride this, because it could be a really really special thing we are seeing unfold.
So LeBron is better than MJ? :ROFLMAO:

This is the same argument that old people have when debating who had better competition, Jack or Tiger.

We all treasure what we grew up watching and in no way can the new be better than the old.

Sadly, it is usually the case that the current is better.

It's my belief that anytime a player dominates a sport, their competition is weak.

In his prime, Tiger dominated against full fields of competition. I always thought his competition felt that 2nd place was good enough.

Scottie's competition is missing a few important pieces right now.

Then again Scottie dominated a full Master's field.

It will be interesting to see just how well Scottie plays the next 3 majors.

Back