THP FF 2010 Official League

Ill be around for the first hour of the draft but I have to take off around 6:15 my time. Thats about all the time I need to dominate this draft.

Ill be around for the first hour of the draft but I have to take off around 6:15 my time. Thats about all the time I need to dominate this draft.

Yeah with 16 teams that should get you through about 2-3 rounds...hehe

Yeah with 16 teams that should get you through about 2-3 rounds...hehe

Haha, I remember it took a few hours last year. Those late rounds are pretty important in this league too.

I had a draft this morning on Yahoo. For the past few years, me and my friends do a thing we call the kicker/defense challenge. You join a Yahoo public league (everyone in a separate league), and draft a defense and kicker with your first two picks. Whoever wins the league (or comes closest) gets the money.
It's funny chatting with the other people during the live draft after you take Nate Kaeding #1 overall. :)

I had a draft this morning on Yahoo. For the past few years, me and my friends do a thing we call the kicker/defense challenge. You join a Yahoo public league (everyone in a separate league), and draft a defense and kicker with your first two picks. Whoever wins the league (or comes closest) gets the money.
It's funny chatting with the other people during the live draft after you take Nate Kaeding #1 overall. :)

Sounds like fun, I would have gone Jets D or something like that overall. How many times do you and your buddies team's end up with the same K and/or D?

Sounds like fun, I would have gone Jets D or something like that overall. How many times do you and your buddies team's end up with the same K and/or D?
Yeah, I went Kaeding, then Jets D. It's always the same few Ks and Ds that get picked by us. Luckily, though, a lot of my friends are way bigger PIT homers than I am, so there are always a bunch of PIT Ds picked, and even a few Jeff Reeds.

that's hilarious! i'd go akers and 49ers D.

Yeah, I went Kaeding, then Jets D. It's always the same few Ks and Ds that get picked by us. Luckily, though, a lot of my friends are way bigger PIT homers than I am, so there are always a bunch of PIT Ds picked, and even a few Jeff Reeds.

that's hilarious! i'd go akers and 49ers D.

I welcome you both to do that with this draft :D

I welcome you both to do that with this draft :D
The teams actually don't turn out that bad, but that's with a 10-team league.
I would hate to see what a starting lineup would look like doing this in a 16-teamer.

Would have loved to kicked all your butts in the first league. But if there's a second league that needs spots filled, I'm in. I've been on a golf hiatus for the last month so I have kept myself away from virtually all things golf. Getting back into the swing of things after Labor Day and it's a good thing I live in California cause golf is year round.

hey wilwin, send a PM to JB and i'm sure he'll be happy to give you the lowdown on the 2nd league.

Im sure you have already mentioned it but how much time will there be between picks? I just did a 16 team draft in another league and there was 30 seconds between picks. It took about an hour.

Im sure you have already mentioned it but how much time will there be between picks? I just did a 16 team draft in another league and there was 30 seconds between picks. It took about an hour.

120 seconds. Early rounds most wont need that though.

120 seconds. Early rounds most wont need that though.

Cool, the nice thing with ESPN is that if you miss your first pick it goes straight to autopick for you. I was in a 10 team baseball league on Yahoo one time and 4 people didnt show up for the draft and it wouldnt switch to autopick.

Man I've been doing some mock drafts and 16 teams is ROUGH!! Those later rounds are just brutal. I think my teams going to stink

Man I've been doing some mock drafts and 16 teams is ROUGH!! Those later rounds are just brutal. I think my teams going to stink

It does make it difficult. But you can find some gems. Our last two picks last year were Justin Forsett and Jamal Charles.

It is going to be ridiculous for me waiting 30 picks in between my picks. Can't really strategize or speculate who's going to be there, just look at the list and pick the two best available when it's finally my turn again.

It is going to be ridiculous for me waiting 30 picks in between my picks. Can't really strategize or speculate who's going to be there, just look at the list and pick the two best available when it's finally my turn again.

In my opinion the more teams in the league, the more you have to research and strategize. I mean with that logic, it would be no different if you had 30 picks in between or 22

I like how the 16 team league makes you really think about your picks. To me there is a ton of strategy and you do have to take risks. Every pick you have counts and you really need a good strategy for the draft. You also have to know the league/teams that you normally wouldn't give two cents about. That to me has been a lot of fun. I've been going back and forth on a couple things and after my others leagues draft I think I've come down with a good strategy. This could change though haha. All I know is I'm thinking a ton about it!!!!

I can't wait for this draft. 16 teams will make it fun. Like JB...I took Forsett in a league last year near the end at it worked out well. A few years ago Frank Gore was my last pick and he turned in to a great find.

Back