Corn, Black Bean, Tomato & Jicama Salad
Mariquitas Plantain Chips with Garlic Cilantro Dip
Honey Chipotle BBQ Glazed Grilled Chicken Breast
Mojo Grilled Flank Steak
Yellow Rice
Chef's Vegetable Medley
Assorted Rolls
Margarita Pie & Tres Leche Cake

Ozzie Guillen, how do you feel about that menu?

Ozzie Guillen, how do you feel about that menu?
He said he loves it, but upon further translation, he doesnt mean to offend anyone that may not like the food, but he is just surprised that the food is as good as it is.

I closed the poll since the voting is officially over.

It let me vote, i wondef if i got in before you closed it, but I voted Cuban and didn't even have go look at the other options.

It let me vote, i wondef if i got in before you closed it, but I voted Cuban and didn't even have go look at the other options.
Your vote did go through, it was even at 29/29, now it says 30/29.

Cant wait! Unfortunately we dont have any cuban restaurants in new orleans

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Cant wait! Unfortunately we dont have any cuban restaurants in new orleans

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Same here in Indy. But we got some good Cajun restaurants.

At first I was all for the Floribbean, but after looking at the Cuban menu again and seeing that Mojo grilled flank steak, the chipolte chicken, and the tortilla soup? I'm gonna go HAM on that selection ya'll. And then there's dessert!

Somehow missed this thread, but I would have voted Cuban.

Just checked out the menu again, man that is going to be so good, I am looking forward to enjoying the meal with my THP friends.

Margarita pie sounds amazing

As good as place as any and perhaps some others are wondering about this as the wardrobe picking begins. I realize it has been discussed here and there, but hoping to lay it out here for all to see.

Here is my understanding:

- Event is "dressy" but not formal
- Shorts are discouraged
- Suit would be overkill
- Business casual could be a good term for those in the corporate world

Jeans....now there are regular everyday jeans and dressy jeans that look good when paired with a dress shirt, etc. Would those "dressy" jeans be ok for the dinner?

Hopefully this helps more than just the wife and I.

based on the pics from last year, I would say business casual would be a good way of explaining it

Yes, jeans are fine. We prefer to look at it like this. What would you wear to eat to a decent restaurant? That is what should be worn to the banquet.

Shorts are discouraged.

It really all comes down to shoes for me. Packing a pair of dress shoes & socks for one outfit is kind of a bummer. Maybe I will just pull a Roy McAvoy and pull the spikes out of my golf shoes. :bananadance:

It really all comes down to shoes for me. Packing a pair of dress shoes & socks for one outfit is kind of a bummer. Maybe I will just pull a Roy McAvoy and pull the spikes out of my golf shoes. :bananadance:

Look at it like this. If you put one shoe in each pocket of your golf bag, you wont even know you had to pack them. Then you will be looking all stylish in your shoes matching the outfit.

Look at it like this. If you put one shoe in each pocket of your golf bag, you wont even know you had to pack them. Then you will be looking all stylish in your shoes matching the outfit.

I am still using the Ping 4 Series, no room for extra shoes :alien: You wont have to worry about me being dressed appropriately. Cant wait for that great lineup of Cuban food.

I am still using the Ping 4 Series, no room for extra shoes :alien: You wont have to worry about me being dressed appropriately.

I use my dress shoes as iron covers and then they take up no room at all. It does take an extra minute to play the round because they are kind of bulky, so I apologize if I slow anybody down on the course.

I use my dress shoes as iron covers and then they take up no room at all. It does take an extra minute to play the round because they are kind of bulky, so I apologize if I slow anybody down on the course.

huh? This man would have to give a greyhound dawg 50 yds off the first tee and the dawg wouldn't have a chance :bulgy-eyes:

Yes, jeans are fine. We prefer to look at it like this. What would you wear to eat to a decent restaurant? That is what should be worn to the banquet.

Shorts are discouraged.

In Florida....SHORTS

HaHa

How great does this menu look?

Cuban - Choice #1
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Organic Mixed Greens & Dressings
Corn, Black Bean, Tomato & Jicama Salad
Mariquitas Plantain Chips with Garlic Cilantro Dip
Honey Chipotle BBQ Glazed Grilled Chicken Breast
Mojo Grilled Flank Steak
Yellow Rice
Chef's Vegetable Medley
Assorted Rolls
Margarita Pie & Tres Leche Cake

That's awesome. I'd substitute the yellow rice with white rice and black beans to make it more authentic, but thats just me. You guys are in for a real treat. Tres leches is da bomb!

Shorts are discouraged.

I thought the banquet was Friday night. You really expect us to take a bath and change clothes on a Friday?!? And its the middle of the month so I know War Eagle won't be planning on doing that for at least two more weeks.

Back