THP Banquet Dinner Poll - 2012 Outing & Demo Day

THP Banquet Dinner Poll - 2012 Outing & Demo Day

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Each year at the THP Golf Outing & Demo Day, myself and GolferGal host a banquet dinner for our guests as a thank you for making the trip down to our event and being a part of this place we call home. The last two years have offered some outstanding food handpicked by the the two of us and this year we wanted to take a step further. Since this is our gift to you, we want to let you guys decide on what the menu you will be for the banquet.

You can select from the 3 choices in the poll and the menus below. Since this is what the folks at the outing will be eating, we ask that you only vote if you are attending the event.

Cuban - Choice #1
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Organic Mixed Greens & Dressings
Corn, Black Bean, Tomato & Jicama Salad
Mariquitas Plantain Chips with Garlic Cilantro Dip
Honey Chipotle BBQ Glazed Grilled Chicken Breast
Mojo Grilled Flank Steak
Yellow Rice
Chef's Vegetable Medley
Assorted Rolls
Margarita Pie & Tres Leche Cake

Italian - Choice #2
Minestrone
Classic Caesar Salad
Local Tomatoes & Mozzarella w/ Balsamic
Grilled Chicken w/ Marsala Mushroom Sauce
Gnocci Alla Vodka
Steamed Zucchini & Yellow Squash w/ Sun Dried Tomatoes
Garlic Knot Rolls
Tiramisu & Pignoli Cookies

Floribbean - Choice #3
Black Bean Soup
Fresh Field Greens Salad
BBQ Pork Loin
Grilled Chicken Breast w/ Orange Mango Glaze
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Seasonal Vegetable Medley
Assorted Rolls
Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie & Key Lime Pie

Tough choice, but my first reaction was:

Cubano

I for some reason was thinking about the outing meal the other day. I was going to suggest Italian when the thread came up. So I say Italian, that meal sounds awesome!

Tough choice, torn between Cubano and Italian

I tossed my thoughts in, #3. Just sounds good.

• Admin
Please remember to only vote if you are attending and eating this food as was posted in the original post. We want to make sure that the people coming get to choose the food (relatively speaking).

went with Cuban....you people are on vacation and picking Italian food. Every city in the country has 100 italian restaurants

went with Cuban....you people are on vacation and picking Italian food. Every city in the country has 100 italian restaurants

Tiramisu cookies swayed my decision. Sorry.

Great looking menus. I went with Cuban.

Italian FTW! Chicken Marsala, Gnocci a la Vodka, and Tiramisu

Italian FTW! Chicken Marsala, Gnocci a la Vodka, and Tiramisu

I had no idea what "Gnocci Alla" was but saw vodka. That was enough for me!

I also want to add that if someone needs a special meal (Kosher, Vegan, etc) to please contact GolferGal so that can be arranged prior to the outing.

I also want to add that if someone needs a special meal (Kosher, Vegan, etc) to please contact GolferGal so that can be arranged prior to the outing.

Thanks JB, was not sure that was an option and would not request it just for my wife and I. I did vote Italian but will contact GG via PM at the appropriate time.

Sorry if my voting Italian screws up the vote.

All three options look delicious. Thank you JB and GG for such tempting selections. In the end Cuban won out for me!!

Thanks JB, was not sure that was an option and would not request it just for my wife and I. I did vote Italian but will contact GG via PM at the appropriate time.

Sorry if my voting Italian screws up the vote.

dont worry dude...you will get your dessert!

Please remember to only vote if you are attending and eating this food as was posted in the original post. We want to make sure that the people coming get to choose the food (relatively speaking).

Sorry JB, missed the very last line, but should have thought of that anyway.

Went with Floribbean. You guys can get Italian food anywhere, and that Apple Pie sounds delicious.

Very kind of you and GG to give us a selection to choose from. It all looks pretty good.

Cookie, the gnocci alla vodka is like a dumpling with vodka mixed in with the sauce and cooked. Very good. Sometimes made with flour, bread crumbs, or even potato if I recall.

I chimed in with #3, but as has been said, they all look to be great choices.

Wow the Cubano sounds amazing. That was my first choice but as I read the others they sound pretty dam good too. My vote was for Cubano

Went with Floribbean. You guys can get Italian food anywhere, and that Apple Pie sounds delicious.

Very kind of you and GG to give us a selection to choose from. It all looks pretty good.

Cookie, the gnocci alla vodka is like a dumpling with vodka mixed in with the sauce and cooked. Very good. Sometimes made with flour, bread crumbs, or even potato if I recall.

gnocci is generally made from potatoes but I have had some ricotta gnocci that was out of this world. When made right, there is nothing like gnocci but if made wrong it can be dense and gummy.

Italian FTW!

#3, sounds amazing. Tough choice between #1 and #3

I voted for Floribbean... I want some authentic food from the region I'm visiting... :laughing:

Back