Just had one of the worst range sessions of my life. I only had 7i and wedges with me from a par 3 I played yesterday so I went to the range with just 3 clubs.

I hit 50 balls and of those at least 20 found the hosel. The other 30 I hit some of the weakest shots ever. 7 iron, normally a 160 club was a 120-130 club.

I’m still sitting here in the parking lot of the place just in shock really. I haven’t swung clubs a lot in the past month or so but how can it be this bad?

The par 3 yesterday was all kinds of garbage too. I’m completely lost. Sitting here thinking I can probably get close to a couple thousand out of my golf stuff and maybe become a bee keeper or something..
We’re not ready to take up pickleball yet my dude. Chin up and come out firing next time, you got this 👊

We’re not ready to take up pickleball yet my dude. Chin up and come out firing next time, you got this 👊
Sometimes those bad days just creep up on ya and after all the work we put in it's easy to feel discouraged in the moment. I know you know that feel!

But we ain't doing pickleball, brother.
#GrindNeverStops, #IDGT

Sometimes those bad days just creep up on ya and after all the work we put in it's easy to feel discouraged in the moment. I know you know that feel!

But we ain't doing pickleball, brother.
#GrindNeverStops, #IDGT
I’m aware 😂. Season here won’t start for about….7-8 more weeks or so, I figure I’ve got about another 5-6 stretches of complete and utter non-confidence.

I got out to play today it wasn’t at my club because we’re still closed for a couple more weeks. This Course is a little more wide-open and mostly flat we were playing winter tees today so instead of playing 6300 it was probably close to 5900

The putter was on fire today. Short game left a little bit to be desired. I kept leaving chips way short. Driver was really working. I’m starting to love the Qi-10.

All that said, I just put up a PB round in my third round of the year.

1707598725788.png

Now that the weather is turning once a week or so I'll post a video of 9 holes so anyone following along can see where my game is at and how things are progressing towards the goal.

Today is the first full 9 hole course vlog.

Decent day started off slow, but then rattled off a bunch of pars in a row. I had quite a few birdie pots, but just couldn’t cash any of them. QI 10 was a beast wedges were decent. I kept hitting my irons fat.

Little update.

The swing is feeling better than it ever has. I've made a very slight tweak to my backswing plane. I'm bringing it back on a slightly flatter plane and cocking my trail wrist earlier. That is putting me in a very good position at the top where I'm able to stay connected and turn through the ball on an in-out path. That flatter plane has helped me not throw my hands over the top in the downswing. That's always been my major swing fault. I'm hitting nice little draws with most clubs now. I think I'm probably losing some speed but that's OK. I've gained enough with speed training be net positive comparing to my speeds last year.

I've noticed I haven't been getting gassed from walking 9 holes in the mornings. Last year I started to feel swing power loss from tired legs around 6 holes in. I've spent a lot of time in the gym this off-season, working on strengthening my core and legs for stability through my golf swing. I've been doing walk/run intervals for 2 miles daily and trying to average at least 10k steps a day since the start of 2024. That work has me feeling healthy, strong, and able to do my best through nine holes.

The mobility work I've been doing every morning since the start of the year is also paying off. I've played each of the past 4 days and not a twinge of pain in my lower back/hips. Last year I struggled with that after multiple days of play in a row.

I'm excited about where we are at this early in the season. I feel even more confident that I'm going to reach this goal in 2024.

It's been a while since my last update and we are still in that in-between time here in SW Ohio where some days it's perfect golf weather and the next day it's threatening snow again. I've had a lot of stuff going on in my personal life over the past couple weeks and haven't been able to take advantage of some of the warmer days so I've only gotten out a couple times.

The swing speed work I've been doing is starting to show itself on the course. Even with the soggy no roll out conditions I'm hitting the ball at least 20y further on the fly and that's going to translate very nicely to total distance once it dries out a bit. I'm also still striking the ball rather well with irons and wedges now that I've flattened out my swing plane a little bit and added more depth.

I noticed yesterday when I was reviewing some video footage was my old fault of the ball creeping ever so slightly more forward with each swing is back. When the ball gets too far forward it wreaks havoc for me. It makes my old OTT swing come out and I either swipe the ball or fire my shoulders too fast and double-cross-pull it. I adjusted the ball position and started hitting solid predictable shots again. It's something I need to keep a very close eye on this season, again.

For those interested here are some 9 hole vlogs over the past couple of weeks.

I love where the iron swinging right now. Love the top of backswing position, love the rotation, love the in balance finish.

Feeling good feeling fast.
MP 243 #golfswing #bridgestone #mizuno

Each time out I’m feeling better and better about where the swing is. It’s still very early in the season and I don’t see any signs of my confidence letting up.

I played 27 tonight… things were BAD.. and never got better. I am having a lot more trouble seeing my ball down and 5 balls apparently evaporated mid flight.

The ones I did find and hit weren’t great starting with the pulls with irons. Over corrected push right. Then it spilled over to driver. Usually my weapon it became army golf.

At least putting and chipping was good. I don’t keep score now when I’m alone. But I imagine I was in the mid to upper 80’s without even counting drops from evaporating balls.

I’m frustrated. I’ve got an iron fitting on Monday and my iron swing feels VERY LOST.

Yay!

I’ve got an iron fitting on Monday and my iron swing feels VERY LOST.
So the iron fitting I was talking about here went HORRIBLY.

I won a set of Qi irons on Instagram and was 'fit' for them a on April 29th. After driving 2 hours to the closest WWG store my already lost iron swing was went MIA. Out of around 40 swings I made contact with the hosel close to 35 times. I got so in my head and frustrated that I told the guy to just order me a set of 4-GW with the stock Ventus Blue TR graphite shafts. I'm not sure how much I will use these QI irons it'll be neat to have an extra game improvement bag to play out of.

Anyways... after a few 9-hole rounds of scared and timid swings, I've finally gotten off the hosel. Now that I'm squaring up the clubface and making solid contact up and down the bag golf is starting to be fun again. For the past 2 seasons I've had THP experiences to try and ramp up for so there was always this bit of extra added pressure to get the game and swing to a certain point in a certain amount of time. I don't want to say that the last 2 years ramping to an experience weren't 'fun' because they were, but it was also pressure-packed.

Sure, I'm sad that I didn't get in an experience this year but I will say that not having the pressure of an event looming and not keeping score except on weekend rounds with other people is helping me be a bit more free out there. I think it's going to help my golf game improve. Hopefully if I'm lucky enough to get in a THP experience again I'll be in a much better spot after this 'stress free' year.

I won't be updating this thread very much as I'm not on this particular 'road' any longer.

#NoGoals
#JustVibes

Last edited:
Back