One of my good friends is a 5.6 index and shot a 69 (-3) in October of this year from our 1-up tees which are 6500yds and rated at 72.5 or something. This was one of the better rounds of the year at our club and tied for the low score of any round at our club on the Black or Gold (tips) tees in 2023. So it's definitely possible and in your range

Please, someone ask who it was tied with.
Tiger?

Good luck @That post 👊🏼

Look forward to following your progress!!

Love seeing this. One of the things I think you will need to push through is staying out of your own way mentally to break par. I played as a low single digit for a couple of years before I broke par for the first time. I finally did it playing in a member guest that was 9 hole matches. I wasn’t worried about my score and wound up shooting 68 which was 4 strokes better than my previous level par 72. That day I was just focused on each swing and not worrying about scores. Once I did that I broke par a few times a year and wasn’t nervous about it happening.

On the workout front I have been using Fit for Golf which has a really good golf focused workout program.

A man with a plan!

Good luck on your journey, hoping you get to your goal in 2024.

Love seeing this. One of the things I think you will need to push through is staying out of your own way mentally to break par. I played as a low single digit for a couple of years before I broke par for the first time. I finally did it playing in a member guest that was 9 hole matches. I wasn’t worried about my score and wound up shooting 68 which was 4 strokes better than my previous level par 72. That day I was just focused on each swing and not worrying about scores. Once I did that I broke par a few times a year and wasn’t nervous about it happening.

On the workout front I have been using Fit for Golf which has a really good golf focused workout program.

This advice is exactly what I need! I do a lot of swing work when not playing golf so overanalyzing swing mechanics has been my downfall in strong-starting rounds because I'm trying to think about what I'm doing so well. I remember one of my best rounds this year – I was sick as a dog, loaded up on cold medicine, and playing in complete autopilot mode. It was "Zombie golf" at its finest: just swing, walk, repeat. No overthinking, no pressure, just pure focus on the next shot.

This got me thinking... maybe the key is getting out of my own head. Lately, it's been happening more naturally since reporting season ended and I'm not fixated on the score. My last four rounds have all been in the 70s, and I'm even on a "Hot Streak" in The Grint! If I can maintain this carefree approach, I'm confident I'll unlock even more potential on the course. Thanks for the advice and I hope you enjoy following along with my journey.

I've worked on my putting a ton over the past year. I've always struggled with setup in my putting. I've finally dialed that in this year and it's been a huge part of my success. I feel so much more confident over the ball now that I know I'm in the same position every single time.

Here's a video of my setup (with a special guest appearance that is pretty funny :ROFLMAO: )

Also, we are at the time of year when I swear I'm going to become more consistent with my morning yoga and do it every day instead of just a couple times a week.

Starting strong on day 1 and completed a session where I felt a nice lower back release after a supine twist. If I can keep it up this Yoga practice is very beneficial to my golf game with the benefits it provides with range of motion, stability, and flexibility.

Morning yoga two days in a row! If I can keep it up this week, I feel like it might just become a habit after my current routine of THP and my first cup of coffee.

Nutrition is also a big focus right now. If anyone's been following my forum posts, you might have noticed I seem a bit more irritable than usual. (Don't worry, it's just the dessert detox!) Almost a week without them, and it's been challenging, but necessary for my weight goals. I'm sure shedding those extra pounds will only help my golf game – can't possibly hurt it!

Beyond ditching desserts, I'm back on the high-protein diet that worked so well for me in 2022. My goal is to hit 100g daily, and I've been smashing it since recommitting. Haven't stepped on the scale yet (frequent weigh-ins tend to discourage me), but I feel less bloated and my body definitely appreciates the proper fuel.

It's pretty cool how this "Road to Red" journey is naturally pushing me toward other personal development goals. Guess when you make golf your entire personality, these things just tend to happen!

I didn’t really even have the motivation to go to the gym tonight, but I dug deep in my soul to get here. And now there is not a single parking space in the entire lot and I’ve parked across the street.

I’ve got goals and I’ve got plans so I’m going in…. Lord help me.

Best of Luck!!! Work hard you can do it!!!

First round of 2024

Look forward to following along on your journey. Being 3 under on a 9 should provide you with a lot of confidence on your journey.

Look forward to following along on your journey. Being 3 under on a 9 should provide you with a lot of confidence on your journey.
That 9 holes was back in the beginning of the season in May I believe. It did give me a lot of confidence last year and thru the summer when I got to my lowest handicap. I honestly think if I hadn’t injured my wrist and back and didn’t alter my swing to compensate I’d of reached this goal last season.

That 9 holes was back in the beginning of the season in May I believe. It did give me a lot of confidence last year and thru the summer when I got to my lowest handicap. I honestly think if I hadn’t injured my wrist and back and didn’t alter my swing to compensate I’d of reached this goal last season.
With your wrist on the right track do you think you can get your swing back to how it was early 2023?

With your wrist on the right track do you think you can get your swing back to how it was early 2023?
I’m trying. I’ve got a ton of videos to help with position checks. Essentially my path was more in to out and I was hitting down on the ball with irons much better.

I’m doing most of the same drills that I did in 2022 off season with some new drills sprinkled in. Doing that work was key to me being where I was at the start of 2023.

I’ll get there.

I posted this in the Smoke AI thread but to see LM numbers like this with driver for me is such a huge step in the right direction and shows how much work I’ve done with my path issues.

IMG_7980.jpeg

I’ve got a nice patch going and I’m hitting up on the ball. That’s HUGE for me.

Now I just need to work on some speed training and add 8-10mph.

First round of 2024

This is awesome.My wife would be like …wtf… if I did this while we play a round together.Have you done this while playing in a foursome ?

This is awesome.My wife would be like …wtf… if I did this while we play a round together.Have you done this while playing in a foursome ?
Done what? Record? Yep I do it all the time. Almost every shot I make is on video. I’ve become quite good at editing people out.

Done what? Record? Yep I do it all the time. Almost every shot I make is on video. I’ve become quite good at editing people out.
Love it.We got guys at the gym who record for form.More power to you.And good luck

I've worked on my putting a ton over the past year. I've always struggled with setup in my putting. I've finally dialed that in this year and it's been a huge part of my success. I feel so much more confident over the ball now that I know I'm in the same position every single time.

Here's a video of my setup (with a special guest appearance that is pretty funny :ROFLMAO: )

You need to get that cat on a leash.

You need to get that cat on a leash.
Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

I posted this in the Smoke AI thread but to see LM numbers like this with driver for me is such a huge step in the right direction and shows how much work I’ve done with my path issues.

View attachment 9235060

I’ve got a nice patch going and I’m hitting up on the ball. That’s HUGE for me.

Now I just need to work on some speed training and add 8-10mph.
Nice work! Winter work for the additional gains?

Nice work! Winter work for the additional gains?
Yeah if I do speed training again it has to be in these winter months. I play a lot and I found that trying to do speed training mid season last year lead to a pretty serious wrist injury. If I could get at least another 5mph this offseason I’d be very happy.

Good luck on reaching your goals. This will be a great follow.

Back