The Recap - Equipment Testing On The Road

That was a great weekend. Buck and Kevin spooning in the freezer is something that my mind will unfortunately never let me forget.

Great write-up JB.......makes me feel as though I was there! Good stuff!!

Such an amazing read. Sounds like an amazing time, full of memories and new friends. Amazing that such a huge event and tour came from just a little webesite or what I should say, was a small website at one point.

I thought 8 year olds in the 1950's called it soda.

I honestly thought everyone called it soda, that's what I have always called it. Then I hear these silly people from the midwest saying pop, then my mind was blown when I saw that sign.

Great write up JB.Once again ,I had a great time at the NC event even if I could only play on Saturday.I am looking forward to doing something in the future if the opportunity arises.It's good to see that you and GG had a good time in your long adventure and thanks again to One-T for organizing the Charlotte event.

Its pop...everyone just stop the madness

I honestly thought everyone called it soda, that's what I have always called it. Then I hear these silly people from the midwest saying pop, then my mind was blown when I saw that sign.
See, I thought it was all called "Coke" until I moved to Florida.

People are so weird. It's soda.

Me being a mid-westerner, I've grown up with it being Pop my whole life. Moving to Cali, I'll have to get used to saying Soda, but it'll be a hard habit to break.

Dan

Back home we call it a "Coke".

Here's how it works at a restaurant;

Me: What kind of Coke do you serve?
Waitress: We have Classic, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr. pepper, etc.
Me: I'll take a diet coke.

Soda, Pop, that's just weird.

And as well it should be...
Now i want a Coke.

Excellent read JB & GG. Must read the whole thread now :)

What a trip. Thanks for sharing your thoughts JB. Sounds like it was tough, fun, a struggle, fun, amusing, fun, enlightening and yeah, fun. Bringing THP to the THPers really was a fantastic idea.

I know that was an epic journey but you guys handled it like couple of old pros. There is nothing like being out on the open round with some great company.

Driving up to the course each day and seeing the tour can was pretty cool. And then to have the belly of the beast filled with chrome and graphite goodness just made that much better. But then you stand around, shooting the sh$t and you realize that this is what it is all about. Catching up with old friends and making new ones. These 5 tour stops did that and more.
I like being at the tail end of the tour. We were treated to some great stories and you could see the joy in both your faces. The Chunky story took the cake, I still chuckle. Sneaking you drinks was a treat as well. Just some good ole fashion fun.

That was a good write-up and recap JB! Thank you!
I had a great time in Atlanta as did my guest. THP'ers just get it! They enjoy the game of golf and all the trimmings.
I really enjoyed reading your summaries including the snip-its about certain individuals and their stories. I do believe that the trip was a winner and likely something that you choose to do again. Thanks again to you and GG for making it happen as well as the THP'ers that facilitated the stops, and those that unloaded and reloaded the van at each stop.

Wow, great write JB. Sounds like a ton of fun. I bet it was awesome and exhausting all at the same time!

That was an excellent read and brought up some awesome memories. Wish I was heading to Iowa this week!

Not sure how I missed this, great recap JB. I really wish I could have made a stop or 2 but it just wasn't in the cards. Glad you have some great memories.

I love playing golf with Ole Gray and this round was no exception. Had to shoot this little video.

Id give money to see OG going down that slide, a shame it didnt happen

Haha Great video. Love OG making a point that the woodshed is here among us...

I can't wait to meet OG one day............

That was such a great read. I am truly sorry that I didn't make it to the Charlotte (close to home) or Atlanta (was in town for a braves game the night before). I'll make sure that I'm ready next time the van rolls out!

Back