The Recap - Equipment Testing On The Road

Great recap JB!!

Thank you and Morgan so much for taking that journey that gave so many of us the reason to get together at each of the stops. Every time I get to see fellow THPers is special, but in so many ways, this weekend reminded me of the first outing, which was my leap of faith in really becoming part of the THP family.

Enjoy being at home, you all certainly deserve it.

Excellent recap, I'd like to echo all of the thanks for making the trip and doing this. I've now had the pleasure of attending 2 THP functions and they really are special.

where was the tunnel in the mountain?

Through the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania. This was the first one we went through. There were maybe 3 or 4 more through that region and then we went through 2 I believe heading from Tennessee into North Carolina on our way back to SC.

haha this one was awesome! "I don't know... It's pretty neat"

Haha, I couldn't remember the name.

Those tunnels are awesome. They're all over PA. I know my dad and I went through 6 or 8 of them on the drive back from Pittsburgh last summer.

Through the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania. This was the first one we went through. There were maybe 3 or 4 more through that region and then we went through 2 I believe heading from Tennessee into North Carolina on our way back to SC.

I thought so, the road from eastern PA to western PA is not very smooth, but these tunnels and mountains are cool.

I gotta wait till tonight to watch these but looking forward to it!

Awesome recap JB. I had so much fun in Atlanta with you guys. Great to see you and GG again. Hopefully, I'll see you guys at the Outing!

Duke is a big time hoarder. I'm surprised he didn't have more toys over there with him.

The few times I've driven/rode through tunnels like that, I always try and see if I can hold my breath the entire way. It's dumb but always kinda fun.

The few times I've driven/rode through tunnels like that, I always try and see if I can hold my breath the entire way. It's dumb but always kinda fun.

It gets a little tight when you got two large vehicles passing in one of those tunnels! Heck if someone broke down in there it could be a mess.

I thought so, the road from eastern PA to western PA is not very smooth, but these tunnels and mountains are cool.

They are, it was a beautiful drive. We got like 3 miles to the gallon but it was worth it because it was really beautiful.

It gets a little tight when you got two large vehicles passing in one of those tunnels! Heck if someone broke down in there it could be a mess.

That part is very scary!

Poor Tyler is forever known as "that guy" He was a trooper that entire day though and I loved spending the day with him. Once again I want to thank Mighty Quinn for taking the hit and playing with us that day.

Poor Tyler is forever known as "that guy" He was a trooper that entire day though and I loved spending the day with him. Once again I want to thank Mighty Quinn for taking the hit and playing with us that day.

hahaha, dude, he was a trooper, I don't care what happened. He seemed to have a great time too. I sure did you enjoy seeing you and it looks like he just adores his old man.

He had such a good time. It really is fun to have some time to bond with your son without the wife and other son there as well. Sorry for the off topic.

Hmm...what is that yellow thing coming down the road?

i-5mQCFJ8-M.jpg

It's a McDonald's sign:

i-vKmV7GP-M.jpg

This was fun to see driving down the road.

LOL This sign still makes me laugh.
i-sTJSsdB-L.jpg

It's the Lehigh Tunnel, GG

Haha, I couldn't remember the name.

I'm still upset that Morgan said my look wasn't as flashy as I had indicated and liked it, and JB butts in and said "I thought you said when he walked by the van it looked like Picasso threw up?" That made my weekend. Really enjoyed it guys. Thank you for coming down. (Sarcasm btw on the Shirt thing, I'm not upset :) )

I'm still upset that Morgan said my look wasn't as flashy as I had indicated and liked it, and JB butts in and said "I thought you said when he walked by the van it looked like Picasso threw up?" That made my weekend. Really enjoyed it guys. Thank you for coming down. (Sarcasm btw on the Shirt thing, I'm not upset :) )

Haha that is pretty funny

I heard the story about your boy, Chunky. I dont remember the last time I laughed that hard.

That was so gross dude. It was hysterical and I laughed, but it made me sick at the same time.

That was so gross dude. It was hysterical and I laughed, but it made me sick at the same time.

Made you sick?! Try being the cleaner in that situation. It was awful

It seems like Iowa was a long time ago already, great write up JB! I can't wait until I have another opportunity to make it to a THP gathering. I was unsure what to expect for my first outing but it was more than I expected in a good way.

I enjoyed reading your recaps JB & Morgan. Thanks for undertaking such a huge trip.

JB, we didn't actually get a chance to meet or chat, but I did talk with Morgan a bit. Enjoyed her sharing some things from the trip.

Morgan thanks for the special effort of bringing down an Albatross hat to the range for me!

I'm so glad I made the Sunday round at Bentwater my first THP event. I'm looking forward to attending another THP event.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

His screen name in the future can be about that weekend.

Back