The Publix Sub Thread

I got mine tossed in buffalo sauce. Throw a little ranch on the bread and you've got a masterpiece of a sandwich.

After moving to Florida, a couple of months ago, I had Jersey Mikes for the first time and thought that was decent compared to Subway, but the Publix we have around the corner blows everything out of the water. I just had the Italian with Boar's Head, and it was awesome!

The bread is amazing today. Wolfing down another tender sub.

This week's special was the chicken tender sub with marinara and provolone, like we've been trying to get them to do for ages. I'm having one for lunch and its everything I thought it would be, and more.

This week's special was the chicken tender sub with marinara and provolone, like we've been trying to get them to do for ages. I'm having one for lunch and its everything I thought it would be, and more.
Its the best there is...Yet they won't indulge us.
It should be called the THP

Its the best there is...Yet they won't indulge us.
It should be called the THP
When the weekly ad came out, I only saw tender sub and didn't even notice the marinara part. So this is my second tender sub this week. The first was my traditional buffalo, but I had to get one of these when it was pointed out.

Decided to grab a Pub Sub for lunch today. Went with my normal order of jerk turkey, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, onion, black olives, and pickles. Oil and vinegar went on when I got home. All on multigrain. It was delicious.

IMG_7816.jpeg

Decided to grab a Pub Sub for lunch today. Went with my normal order of jerk turkey, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, onion, black olives, and pickles. Oil and vinegar went on when I got home. All on multigrain. It was delicious.

View attachment 9191597
That looks like a mouth wrecker

As I stood in line for my sub, I couldn’t help but think about whether there are now too many options for pub subs. Growing up, the options and toppings were fairly standard. This also made the sub building process go faster.

Now there are more meat and cheese options, a heating option, and a plethora of sub sauces and combos. I have noticed my local Publix sub building getting longr and longer. Options are always great, but I wonder if the sun process is now being burdened.

That looks like a mouth wrecker
There is definitely a technique to eating a sub with this bread, but it is absolutely a mouth wrecker.

View attachment 9191597
That looks really good…my hunger just intensified.

As I stood in line for my sub, I couldn’t help but think about whether there are now too many options for pub subs. Growing up, the options and toppings were fairly standard. This also made the sub building process go faster.

Now there are more meat and cheese options, a heating option, and a plethora of sub sauces and combos. I have noticed my local Publix sub building getting longr and longer. Options are always great, but I wonder if the sun process is now being burdened.
The Publix I go to just recently renovated and made the sub area twice the size with extra staff.

Plus they added in a Ramen bar which is amazing.

I miss Publix:(

There is definitely a technique to eating a sub with this bread, but it is absolutely a mouth wrecker.
Probably feels like eating Cap'n Crunch.

@JB I have a cut in the back of my mouth from my sub.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
My publix now has several variations on the tender sub listed on the menu above the sandwich section. Among them: parmasean. Chicken tenders, marinara, provolone and parmasean.

Victory.

It's not the best sauce, but it's still good.

My publix now has several variations on the tender sub listed on the menu above the sandwich section. Among them: parmasean. Chicken tenders, marinara, provolone and parmasean.

Victory.

It's not the best sauce, but it's still good.
That sounds amazing. I haven’t noticed this.

I love publix subs so much, but I'm not blown away by the Boars Head meats. They are good, but not something I'd get everytime. Those deli pickles though!

IMG_9893.jpeg

I think my publix has changed their buffalo sauce. It's got a different bite to it, and a maybe a touch hotter.

Our Publix definitely has Chicken Parm sub now. I feel like this should be called the THP sub.

Our Publix definitely has Chicken Parm sub now. I feel like this should be called the THP sub.
Mine has it now too. And it’s amazing.

The chicken bacon ranch one is on point as well.

Back