The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

There are few better stories on winning a major than DC.
These back 9 bounces have been amazing too.
He is one or two of those going the other way from putting up some big numbers.

On the course got a quick update for me?

Poor DJ, I try to defend him and look what he does to me.

And then birdied 15! Good for rickie, would like to see him get another bird and move up.

You sure? Online scorecard I see shows a par (4) on 15.

You sure? Online scorecard I see shows a par (4) on 15.

I was just about to correct it haha. Opengolf.com had it as a 3 and then it refreshed back to a par. Dang.

The scene on the 18th green if DC wins could be nearly as emotional as Phil winning the 2010 Masters.

The scene on the 18th green if DC wins could be nearly as emotional as Phil winning the 2010 Masters.

That would be a very special last putt.

I like Darren Clarke but hearing about his wife who died 5 years ago , while tragic, is getting old. It's a terrible situation but I'm tired of hearing about. Being as he's engaged hes obviously grieved and moved on. The media grasps anything they can to try and glorify this stuff. Its almost as bad as reality TV.

I like Darren Clarke but hearing about his wife who died 5 years ago , while tragic, is getting old. It's a terrible situation but I'm tired of hearing about. Being as he's engaged hes obviously grieved and moved on. The media grasps anything they can to try and glorify this stuff. Its almost as bad as reality TV.

But I'm sure she still holds a special place in his heart and he would still appreciate her seeing him at his finest moment in his career.

Darren Clarke deserves every bit of this. What a great story. Northern Ireland, wow...

I doubt he has 'moved on'. This would be his greatest professional moment of his life, I highly doubt he hasnt/doesnt think about his former wife on every hole and how he wishes she could be there for an embrace after winning.

I doubt he has 'moved on'. This would be his greatest professional moment of his life, I highly doubt he hasnt/doesnt think about his former wife on every hole and how he wishes she could be there for an embrace after winning.

shes probally the one throwing his balls over the bunkers! in all seriousness i hope he wins this one

Not to mention she's still the mother of his two kids.

But I'm sure she still holds a special place in his heart and he would still appreciate her seeing him at his finest moment in his career.

I agree with this to an extent. However I do agree with JRod that its something Clarke should address, not the media at every chance they get. They need something to be a "story" rather than a win because DC is unknown to many over here.

Clarke up 4 with 2 to go, he can hit 7-iron up the fairway on the last 2 holes and still win. Nice part about the last 2 holes is there isn't water on either hole, lessens the chance of a Van De Velde type of finish.

Darren Clarke deserves every bit of this. What a great story. Northern Ireland, wow...

Graeme McDowell is having a field day on twitter:

@Graeme_McDowell said:
Darren Clarke aiming to be the first Northern Irish golfer to win a major in almost four weeks! #incredible

Wow Phil, that approach on 18 was reminiscent of DJs 2nd shot on 18.

Rickie bogeys 16.....card has some much needed color now. :D

How people handle adversity and failure in big moments shows me something.
I enjoy seeing Phil smile after the awful shot.
Laugh as he chats with the crowd.
I would like to see more of that out of others.

JB - I agree and to that point I really liked how DC reacted earlier after getting that shot from the rough barely over and between the bunkers. He had a laugh and the look on his face was "wow, how did I just get that lucky". The guys that show emotion and fun are SO much more enjoyable to root for.

So... who from N. Ireland is winning the PGA Championship?

How people handle adversity and failure in big moments shows me something.
I enjoy seeing Phil smile after the awful shot.
Laugh as he chats with the crowd.
I would like to see more of that out of others.

He's got a great demeanor and he's always been the example on how to deal with the fans.

Cool to see Bjorn exorcise some demons this week.

At some point Fowler has to break through. Too talented not to and he outplayed the Messiah this week.

Back