The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

One thing I hate, now its as if pm and dc are the only two on the course, instead of showing dc walking up to the green for 5 min, show some other players, ughh

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

You think so? I see DJ, Bjorn and others getting air time too.

Haha, just noticed even Rickie's yardage book is orange. Wouldn't have it any other way, I guess.

You think so? I see DJ, Bjorn and others getting air time too.

Well for a stretch there, now they are showing others, they must be lurking on this thread lol

Ut ohhh, not a pretty bunker to be in

DC is going to have to hit it into a bunch of bunkers on the last 6 holes to give this one away, unless either Phil or DJ eagles the par-5 16th and Clarke only makes par on that hole.

EDIT: Par 5 is 14, not 16, and Phil just drove it in the rough there.

DC is going to have to hit it into a bunch of bunkers on the last 6 holes to give this one away.

You think so? The back 9 is playing really really hard and long hitters (DJ & Phil) could see a 2 stroke swing quickly if DC bogies any at all.
I dont think this is over yet. Not by a long shot.

Far from over even with a 3 shot lead. This weather will make an impact over the next hour.

You think so? The back 9 is playing really really hard and long hitters (DJ & Phil) could see a 2 stroke swing quickly if DC bogies any at all.
I dont think this is over yet. Not by a long shot.

I've been wrong before, but look at the way that DC is playing, and he's seemingly getting all of the bounces right now. He can just play safely and make the other guys have to come catch him.

I've been wrong before, but look at the way that DC is playing, and he's seemingly getting all of the bounces right now. He can just play safely and make the other guys have to come catch him.

Look where guys like Phil losts strokes. The back 9 is playing that darn hard.
I dont think this one is over by any means yet.

Another birdie for DJ! Didn't he make a big charge on the back nine at the PGA last year before the bunker ruling on 18 took him out of the playoff?

Look where guys like Phil losts strokes. The back 9 is playing that darn hard.
I dont think this one is over by any means yet.

+1

I love The Open, my absolute favorite tourney to watch every year, my wife thinks I'm nuts right now for being up since 5cst to watch the last round though LOL

Another birdie for DJ! Didn't he make a big charge on the back nine at the PGA last year before the bunker ruling on 18 took him out of the playoff?

Nice birdie for DJ. That was the 2010 US Open I believe.

Yes and no. Yes he made some birdies coming to that hole. But he did shoot 37 on the front

Dang...thought Phil was going to run that in.

Nice to see the two equipment sponsors of The Morgan Cup, Callaway and Taylormade, featured prominently during the final round.

Nice birdie for DJ. That was the 2010 US Open I believe.

Nope, he pooped the bed on the front nine at the US Open, shot 82 in the final round I think. I seem to remember him having birdies on 16 and 17 at Whistling Straits to get into a share of the lead.

Nope, he pooped the bed on the front nine at the US Open, shot 82 in the final round I think. I seem to remember him having birdies on 16 and 17 at Whistling Straits to get into a share of the lead.

Yep - your right. I have slept and drank since then :D

Phil about to tee off into a damn thunderstorm it appears....dark. Into a bunker.

Phil goes from making everything to missing everything.

I am a bit surprised that Fowler has not done something today. Has nothing but pars today. Solid play no doubt, but for him not to have a few birds on the card just surprises me.

I am a bit surprised that Fowler has not done something today. Has nothing but pars today. Solid play no doubt, but for him not to have a few birds on the card just surprises me.

Its Sunday right?

Its Sunday right?

Ha...I think so! Did not expect him to shoot 4 under but to not have any colors on the card is just weird. Not his typical style of play. Perhaps someone told him that shooting par may win it and he is content with that :D

Back