The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

So... who from Ireland is winning the PGA Championship?

Padraig Harrington I assume. He's the only big timer from Ireland. Gmac, Rory, and Darren are from Northern Ireland (another country). Kinda like saying an American won the 2003 Masters (Mike Weir).

Good for DC. I had a feeling this was his tourny. He deserves it. I love that he gets to win this Major.

Phil's such a choker. He's also such a phony. How could he not shoot a 65 today? Loser.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

For what it's worth, when Clarke finishes this off, the 3 major wins this year are spread over 3 companies: Nike, Titleist, and TaylorMade. Should be interesting to see how quickly TM gets Clarke onto its home page.

Padraig Harrington I assume. He's the only big timer from Ireland. Gmac, Rory, and Darren are from Northern Ireland (another country). Kinda like saying an American won the 2003 Masters (Mike Weir).

Edited... but I'm sure you got my point.

Should be interesting to see how quickly TM gets Clarke onto its home page.

I'm surprised they dont have him on there already. They couldve had 2 banners done early for DC and DJ, couldnt be more than 30 mins or so for pros to put togethers in Photoshop.

Northern Ireland has about the same population (a little more) than the state of FL. Never thought both would be a mecca for golf.

Congrats to Darren - very well played tournament. Stayed away from the big numbers on the back 9 and rode it out well.

Edited... but I'm sure you got my point.

We knew what you meant. An old coworker of mine is from NI, they are proud of NI and take offense to the thinking its the same place.

Wish the wifi on the plane was better and I could have enjoyed it more. 15 more minutes and I'll be in Vegas!!

I tapped that

Congrats Darren Clarke. Well played. What a great moment for him.

With DJ's bogey, he finishes in a tie for 2nd with Phil, the consummate bridesmaid. That gives him 7 in major championships.

Very well played by Darren. Kept his patience well throughout his round as he stated it would in his pre-round interview.

I thought when Phil put the pressure on that might change things, but DC played brilliantly and Phil's nemisis the short putts come back to haunt him.

One cant be glad to see such a nice scene on 18. Hell, I may go out and get a pack of Guiness just to tip one in his honor.

When will we be holding a (non) press conference for Chubby, who will he sign with, etc?

Finally an old guy! Well deserved and well earned DC. No limping home for that guy.

"Don't let your golf game determine your attitude, let your attitude determine your golf game." Those are words to live by, from Ken Brown via Mike Tirico on the telecast just now.

Amazing win for both Darren Clarke and Northern Ireland.

This guy really put it together this week and he went out and got it.

Congrats sir!

Northern Ireland has about the same population (a little more) than the state of FL. Never thought both would be a mecca for golf.

one thing is for sure, we will learn the answer to the question............how much Guinness will the Claret jug hold? :D

"Don't let your golf game determine your attitude, let your attitude determine your golf game." Those are words to live by, from Ken Brown via Mike Tirico on the telecast just now.

I heard that also and liked it quite a bit. From what I understood, that is what Darren's fiance (former professional golfer in Europe) told him some time ago.

That was really fun to watch. Major congrats to Darren!

Well done to Darren Clarke, really glad he won :D

I heard that also and liked it quite a bit. From what I understood, that is what Darren's fiance (former professional golfer in Europe) told him some time ago.

Yes, it's KIM Brown, she's a former pro golfer herself.

No. Nobody picked him.

Now it all comes down to who had the best guys that "almost" had it...

I don't think that having only Phil and Rory that made it to Sunday will do the trick. Rest of my guys flopped.

Yep, after that great award speech, I too will be tipping one to DC tonight. Well done and glad to see such honest remarks after a great win.

As a very minor shareholder, is it too much to ask for a Darren Clarke bump tomorrow morning for Fortune Brands (owner of Guinness)?

Back