The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Wonder when the sponsors come crawling back? Seems rolex got in just in time.

I'm going to buy a Nike driver because Tiger uses one.

Well Said.

Oh dear.

Tiger still has some issues. He didn't play great on the back 9. He didn't have to, but still.

I am not going to start screaming that he's back, he isn't. Not really. If he dominates Augusta and wins by 10, then I may start chirping a different tune.

He is still an a-hole.

He still ignores his fans.

He is still arrogant.

However, he did win, which he deserves congratulations for. I just wish he wasn't such a bad person. He would be a lot easier to like. One of the announcers said he should have interviewed like the guy who said "F**k yeah!" on 18. I agree completely. It's almost like he is afraid to be excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol at TC and TourMex. I love me some cranky TC and sensible TourMex. Plus I had tacos, tostadas and mini-burritos. Even though Tiger won it was a hell of a Sunday.

Kevin

Hey Esox, did you see Tiger today? He kicked ass. He's finally got a short game to depend on. It must have been nice being able to hit that stinger off 90% of the tees today.

Hey Esox, did you see Tiger today? He kicked ass. He's finally got a short game to depend on. It must have been nice being able to hit that stinger off 90% of the tees today.

This is an honest question: is the stinger a product of hitting down on the ball more? That may be a dumb question but I was curious what he changes to hit that.

This is an honest question: is the stinger a product of hitting down on the ball more? That may be a dumb question but I was curious what he changes to hit that.

It's a knockdown shot. Yes it is trapped at impact with the hands staying low through the zone

Uneducated opinion here, but the pro I went and saw Saturday told me that I hit down on the driver which causes more height and spin. That would make me think that tiger hitting a stinger must be the opposite? I had no idea I hit down on the driver at all so take that FWIW.

It's a knockdown shot. Yes it is trapped at impact with the hands staying low through the zone

Ok, thanks Freddie. I was just curious. Interesting.

I saw a few stingers, but they were so boring I cleaned up my range/oven and and made some tacos. Fairways and greens. Snore. wtc? We need some swashbuckling from Phil, Rory or Westy, or this season is going to be a complete snooze. And what's with Bay Hill? I played it 25 years ago or so, but can't remember it. Is every hole a dogleg around a big pond with the pin in the back corner?

Kevin

Uneducated opinion here, but the pro I went and saw Saturday told me that I hit down on the driver which causes more height and spin. That would make me think that tiger hitting a stinger must be the opposite? I had no idea I hit down on the driver at all so take that FWIW.

Hitting down on the driver is different then hitting down on a 2i. One is trapped between the ground and club face and the other is just caught on a descending blow into the ball.

It's all about ball placement. Move the ball back in your stance,apply same swing, and saw off the finish.

It's all about ball placement. Move the ball back in your stance,apply same swing, and saw off the finish.

Gotcha. Wonder why more people don't use it?

I saw a few stingers, but they were so boring I cleaned up my range/oven and and made some tacos. Fairways and greens. Snore. wtc? We need some swashbuckling from Phil, Rory or Westy, or this season is going to be a complete snooze. And what's with Bay Hill? I played it 25 years ago or so, but can't remember it. Is every hole a dogleg around a big pond with the pin in the back corner?

Kevin

That's Arnie. He designed a course back home called the Cullasaja Club and it's like that. Without wind its not a hard golf course. Much like this one.

That's Arnie. He designed a course back home called the Cullasaja Club and it's like that. Without wind its not a hard golf course. Much like this one.

At least the Tour is done in FL. Wait, there's still The Players.

Kevin

What you call boring I gotta call mesmerizing. That is how you control a golf ball. Don't get me wrong I love to watch Phil The Thrill and Larazabal and guys like that go full tilt boogie around the course too, but that was bad a$$.

Glad to see Tiger play well today, I hope it continues.

Gotcha. Wonder why more people don't use it?

It's not the easiest shot to pull off, it tends to be shorter (at least for me), and it rolls out a lot so it isnt ideal when you need a ball to sit somewhere. It's a great shot off the tee into the wind though and especially in areas where the fairways are firmer and allow a lot of roll out. Just my opinions...I still wish I could pull it off like tiger does.

It's not the easiest shot to pull off, it tends to be shorter (at least for me), and it rolls out a lot so it isnt ideal when you need a ball to sit somewhere. It's a great shot off the tee into the wind though and especially in areas where the fairways are firmer and allow a lot of roll out. Just my opinions...I still wish I could pull it off like tiger does.

Yeah, I know it wouldn't be an every tee shot. But I was curious as to why more people didn't use it in the wind or on those fairways where theres plenty of room for rollout. Guess it's a bit harder than it looks.

Yeah, I know it wouldn't be an every tee shot. But I was curious as to why more people didn't use it in the wind or on those fairways where theres plenty of room for rollout. Guess it's a bit harder than it looks.

It's a good question and I have no idea lol. You would think with tiger being as big as he is and with how famous that shot is for him people would be trying it. Cant wait to see them at Augusta!

The 'stinger' actually is a lower flighted ball for TW. His usual shot is very high but this stinger comes off mid/low and running.
A lot of people actually play the shot they just don't get the recognition TW gets.

Always wondered why more pros don't hit stingers with their driver when it's windy. I always do it when I play links. Tee it a bit lower and flatten my plane, more of an even sweep type of motion. Low trajectory and tons of roll.

It's a great percentage shot. If there's fairway to be used and decent roll to be had, then it's a good safe option.

Tiger's reaction after winning that tournament yesterday was pretty dang neat to me. You could tell he was joyous and that he looked kind of like he did back in the day. He's absolutely in control of his golf ball right now. This win, and the emotion I saw from him afterwards, is exactly what he needed to vault his level of play. I have to tell you, with the form he seems to be in, and the form Rory seems to be in, the Masters could be a two man shoot out. And one that I wouldn't mind seeing.

I thought it was kind of anticlimactic. All this time and I just didn't feel much drama. I thought the Chevrons vs Gmac and ZJ made for better TV.

Back