The Official Tiger Woods Thread

It was cool to see Tiger win again and see him actually seem like "happy Tiger" but I did find it a bit boring down the stretch. I actually tuned out and watched the basketball game during the last few holes. Then tuned back to see the very end.

I saw a Tiger that was truly happy. You know this win meant a lot to him. I would love to see a Rory/tiger final pairing at Augusta. That would be some kind of awesome.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

He hit some real good shots, but I always like a close finish. I'm sure he didn't mind the padding though.

Tiger's reaction after winning that tournament yesterday was pretty dang neat to me. You could tell he was joyous and that he looked kind of like he did back in the day. He's absolutely in control of his golf ball right now. This win, and the emotion I saw from him afterwards, is exactly what he needed to vault his level of play. I have to tell you, with the form he seems to be in, and the form Rory seems to be in, the Masters could be a two man shoot out. And one that I wouldn't mind seeing.
I think that may have been the most "genuine" emotion we have seen out of Tiger in quite some time. His face and expressions when he was lining his putt up on #18 is something I dont think people have seen in a long, long time. The only other time I can say he has seemed this way, his his round a few weeks ago with Stricker where they just looked like they had a great time out on the course.

yeah, the bro-hug with LaCava seemed pretty genuine and happy as well.

I saw a Tiger that was truly happy. You know this win meant a lot to him. I would love to see a Rory/tiger final pairing at Augusta. That would be some kind of awesome.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to British coverage of The Masters. When it went back to the Sky studio last night, they talked Tiger but they talked fairly. When it was with NBC, you'd think it was Tiger talk sponsored by Tiger. It got creepy.

Tiger's reaction after winning that tournament yesterday was pretty dang neat to me. You could tell he was joyous and that he looked kind of like he did back in the day. He's absolutely in control of his golf ball right now. This win, and the emotion I saw from him afterwards, is exactly what he needed to vault his level of play. I have to tell you, with the form he seems to be in, and the form Rory seems to be in, the Masters could be a two man shoot out. And one that I wouldn't mind seeing.

I agree with you buddy. He wasn't dancing around the green but the best part to me was when they showed him lining up his putt and you just saw him smile to his self and kind of cover his eyes with his hand for a minute. Almost seemed like "hey, I did it, and this is pretty damn fun". I'm so jacked up for the Masters I can't hardly wait. So many people playing good golf right now.

I have a question...

What's the difference in distance between Augusta and bay hill? I ask because if they are near the same then I expect to see a ton of stinger shots from tiger this year. Why hit driver on par 4s at Augusta when he can hit those stingers like he did at bay hill.

By the way I love that shot too

I need to learn how to hit stingers with 3w and hybrids. sometimes, when it's windy, the driver is not my friend.

anyway, congrats to TW for the W. finally! hope he'll be in contention for the Master's. I wonder what the buzz is on the euro tour side with this TW win? this win will definitely build up the Masters. can't wait! :)

I'm glad he won. In fact, I hope he wins five more times this year and we never have to read/debate whether he's back again.

As for the actual golf, I hope we continue to see good finishes, regardless of the winner. Blowouts are boring to me, whether it's Rory at the US Open or Tiger at Bay Hill.

I wonder what the buzz is on the euro tour side with this TW win? this win will definitely build up the Masters. can't wait! :)

We're all going nuts and Lee Westwood has gone missing without his clubs!

Not really. There was an expectation for Tiger to get a win under his belt and this just bodes well for him when The Masters gets going. I can see him contending, but I can also see him having to play to an even higher level to beat some of the Euros at Augusta. :D

I need to learn how to hit stingers with 3w and hybrids. sometimes, when it's windy, the driver is not my friend.

As your handicap is listed at 18+, I'd think trying to hit stingers might not be your best shot and even possibly worse than your driver. The only player you hear of even hitting it on tour is Tiger and what would his handicap be, a plus 4 or 5 right now?

As your handicap is listed at 18+, I'd think trying to hit stingers might not be your best shot and even possibly worse than your driver. The only player you hear of even hitting it on tour is Tiger and what would his handicap be, a plus 4 or 5 right now?

Well obviously handicap determines what shot a person can or can't hit.

Duh, that's why I cant hit a consistent draw. I bet if I start dropping more putts and get my handicap a bit lower, I will be able to hit a draw every time.

Also, I dont think Tiger is the only person that hits that "stinger" shot. I just think he is the only person that named one of shots.

I've hit a stinger once or twice, only a I called them knockdown shots because my handicap isn't low enough. I'm sneaky like that.

Kevin

I hit the stinger with a SW. I can get it to go about 130 yards. That's right, I'm that good

With this win I guess we all know what EVERY golf magazine will feature in the next issue. Or next two issues. Or next three issues. LOL.

With this win I guess we all know what EVERY golf magazine will feature in the next issue. Or next two issues. Or next three issues. LOL.

They still print actual golf magazines? I figured those would be as archaic as phone books by now.

LOL. This is true. I love hitting stingers... I just wish I knew how.

I hit the stinger with a SW. I can get it to go about 130 yards. That's right, I'm that good

Ive seen your stingers deano and they're lethal!

I've hit a stinger once or twice, only a I called them knockdown shots because my handicap isn't low enough. I'm sneaky like that.

Kevin

They just stop too. Its effing ridiculous. Tiger could learn a lot from you. His issue he wouldnt listen.

Duh, that's why I cant hit a consistent draw. I bet if I start dropping more putts and get my handicap a bit lower, I will be able to hit a draw every time.

Also, I dont think Tiger is the only person that hits that "stinger" shot. I just think he is the only person that named one of shots.

LOL. I hit a consistent hook. That puts me at a 7 I thinks.

LOL. I hit a consistent hook. That puts me at a 7 I thinks.

Add one wild slice a round and you'll drop to 5. Then you could hit stingers!

Kevin

Add one wild slice a round and you'll drop to 5. Then you could hit stingers!

Kevin

I sliced one two fairways over yesterday. Put my hybrid another two fairways the other way. hit my 56* over a tree and hit a 12 footer for par. BOOM! 5 easy.

Kinda like they do when anyone wins :D

26608262-b35b-ebe4.jpg

26608262-b368-161d.jpg

I'm glad he won. In fact, I hope he wins five more times this year and we never have to read/debate whether he's back again.

As for the actual golf, I hope we continue to see good finishes, regardless of the winner. Blowouts are boring to me, whether it's Rory at the US Open or Tiger at Bay Hill.

Blowouts are boring, and it really isn't much fun watching a guy go into Sunday with a huge lead and pretty much a guaranteed win. When it comes down to the last few holes, or even play-offs it's awesome to watch on TV. I hope that's how Augusta is in a few weeks.

I hit my irons like a single digit handicap, drive the ball like a mid handicap and putt like a 4 year old girl. So many things go into a person's handicap.

Certainly not, but there is a correlation.

Back