The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can sleep like a TMex. I napped for two hours right through the end of the golf tournament yesterday. Of course, once Tiger withdrew I lost interest.

Kevin

It's hot in north Carolina!!! I did not dress for the weather!

DST doesn't save time. It wasn't meant to. It saves energy for most people. That's what it was designed to do. Also, if you stay on a normal schedule, you should get more hours in daylight, hence the saving of energy.

Or you could get up earlier.

lol 25 hour days would be awesome. Though I'd probably sleep that extra hour and then beg for 26 hour days

Lol well with DST anything is possible!

We honestly don't need daylight savings time anymore as far as energy conservation purposes go, its just one of those things we keep doing because we have done it.

That said, I like that I can be at the course at 3:45 and golf until 7:30 now after work. Benefit to teaching without coaching, bell rings at 3:20 and I'm out!

Lol I can see this for you, you have set classes. I have a set work schedule but I could flex an hour if I wanted too. Sometimes haha. DST ftw!

It actually does. Not 25 hour days, but daylight falls at a more useful time. I have no need for daylight at 6 AM. or even 8 AM on most days. I do have a need for daylight later into the evening. At the peak of summer, I would consider it "night" a little after 10 PM, with sufficient light for golf until around 9 PM, maybe a little after. Without DST, I'd have to be off the course bu 8 PM. Yes, you're going to tell me to get up earlier and that is an option, but I like sleeping in! I prefer going to the course after lunch and staying rill night. Membership = Unlimited holes = Happiness with DST.

Lol... You're reaching!! haha, I see your point but my point is still better. ;)

mostly it is for farmers, allows for a longer working day

Thanks Ike. I knew you were on my side. What a pointless thing to do every few months.

Wtc. Look what you started hawk lol

Beast mode from tapatalk

Does the Ipad account for DST?

I can sleep like a TMex. I napped for two hours right through the end of the golf tournament yesterday. Of course, once Tiger withdrew I lost interest.

Kevin

Lol. Me too. I was quite busy again this weekend. Busy Tmex sucks.

Now that sir, was nice.

I shall rant on how impressive your quotation abilities are to my feeble ones.....lol

Now that sir, was nice.

I shall rant on how impressive your quotation abilities are to my feeble ones.....lol

Lol. Dude DST is the ultimate case of denial! WE DONT CONTROL TIME!

I'm gonna start adjusting my clock so Im not late to work and call it TMST.

I think they should stay on DST all year round from now on. Staying light later is always better. To heck with the kids who have to go to the bus stop in the dark during winter. (I can say that, since I have none!)

Lol. Dude DST is the ultimate case of denial! WE DONT CONTROL TIME!

I'm gonna start adjusting my clock so Im not late to work and call it TMST.
Im going to start calling it DCT, Daylight Control Time. I demand that the sun set later!

we need to tell the Earth to stop tilting on its axis then too hehe
I think they should stay on DST all year round from now on. Staying light later is always better. To heck with the kids who have to go to the bus stop in the dark during winter. (I can say that, since I have none!)

I can say that as well, cause we have no Winter!

Im going to start calling it DCT, Daylight Control Time. I demand that the sun set later!

LOL. Its quite ridiculous when we all sit back and think about the process that is happening.

LOL. Its quite ridiculous when we all sit back and think about the process that is happening.
I dont think I have ever seen DST piss anyone off as much as you, dude.

I don't ever want Tmex in charge of anything in my life. I'd be up by like 5AM with him telling me to get up earlier. Lol. I like DST.

I dont think I have ever seen DST piss anyone off as much as you, dude.

I used tog et more upset. Noone can explain it to me. They just keep saying well it does give you more daylight. NO. Setting a clock does not give you more dayllight. Maybe a slight illusion of. But if you timed daylight each day, and used a clock that was set vs that wasnt... Guess what??????? Still the same amount of daylight!!!!!

I don't ever want Tmex in charge of anything in my life. I'd be up by like 5AM with him telling me to get up earlier. Lol. I like DST.

But...you would get more for your trade in on clubs and have an awesome HDCP!

So, what's everybody think about this time change? I sure am tired.

My rant is its shorts weather on a major college campus. Oh wait, not a rant at all.

Kindle Fire Forged

LOL! No way, I'm all for sleeping in. Just not made up sleeping in haha.

I used tog et more upset. Noone can explain it to me. They just keep saying well it does give you more daylight. NO. Setting a clock does not give you more dayllight. Maybe a slight illusion of. But if you timed daylight each day, and used a clock that was set vs that wasnt... Guess what??????? Still the same amount of daylight!!!!!
Well, Im excited about the extra hour of daylight we get this evening. :alien:

Here is my rant, and it will be a long one!

Wind warnings were given last night for southern Vancouver Island where I live. 80kph-110kph winds, which did come last night and kept me up all night banging the garage door open and thoughing things around the yard. I finally got up at 5am to deal with the garage door and find that my fence has blown down, two of the trees that line my street have blown down, and it is so windy that I can barely stand up. After finally getting the garage door to stay closed and cleaning up some stuff I come to work, and the power goes out because trees are blowing down on power lines everywhere.
I spend an hour on the roof in those crazy winds trying to get our generators to start, but to no avail. Now I'm freaking cold, and our servers UPS's have now run out batteries which shuts down our North AMerican operations as we host everything here. I give up and go rent a generator and get all my servers running, send all the staff home except for the personel that need to be here and then get gas and laterns for the office.
Its still blowing at 80kph-110kph which means the ferries are shut down which means all my shipping will be delayed which sets everything back. Power just came back on, but since its still blowing I'm leaving the servers on the generator for the next few hours until the wind dies down. This day has sucked and its only 10am.

Well, Im excited about the extra hour of daylight we get this evening. :alien:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR lol.

Here is my rant, and it will be a long one!

Wind warnings were given last night for southern Vancouver Island where I live. 80kph-110kph winds, which did come last night and kept me up all night banging the garage door open and thoughing things around the yard. I finally got up at 5am to deal with the garage door and find that my fence has blown down, two of the trees that line my street have blown down, and it is so windy that I can barely stand up. After finally getting the garage door to stay closed and cleaning up some stuff I come to work, and the power goes out because trees are blowing down on power lines everywhere.
I spend an hour on the roof in those crazy winds trying to get our generators to start, but to no avail. Now I'm freaking cold, and our servers UPS's have now run out batteries which shuts down our North AMerican operations as we host everything here. I give up and go rent a generator and get all my servers running, send all the staff home except for the personel that need to be here and then get gas and laterns for the office.
Its still blowing at 80kph-110kph which means the ferries are shut down which means all my shipping will be delayed which sets everything back. Power just came back on, but since its still blowing I'm leaving the servers on the generator for the next few hours until the wind dies down. This day has sucked and its only 9am.

FIFY... and whats this in 'Merican?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back