The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to come whine about the wind during my run today, but I'll defer to Breeze. Sucks bro, hope it gets better.

So, what's everybody think about this time change? I sure am tired.
I love it! it's going to be 71 today and 80 tomorrow. Will be golfing tomorrow! Maybe 36 holes.

Here is my rant, and it will be a long one!

Wind warnings were given last night for southern Vancouver Island where I live. 80kph-110kph winds, which did come last night and kept me up all night banging the garage door open and thoughing things around the yard. I finally got up at 5am to deal with the garage door and find that my fence has blown down, two of the trees that line my street have blown down, and it is so windy that I can barely stand up. After finally getting the garage door to stay closed and cleaning up some stuff I come to work, and the power goes out because trees are blowing down on power lines everywhere.

I spend an hour on the roof in those crazy winds trying to get our generators to start, but to no avail. Now I'm freaking cold, and our servers UPS's have now run out batteries which shuts down our North AMerican operations as we host everything here. I give up and go rent a generator and get all my servers running, send all the staff home except for the personel that need to be here and then get gas and laterns for the office.
Its still blowing at 80kph-110kph which means the ferries are shut down which means all my shipping will be delayed which sets everything back. Power just came back on, but since its still blowing I'm leaving the servers on the generator for the next few hours until the wind dies down. This day has sucked and its only 10am.

What kind of garage doors do you have in Canada?

I wish we had a privacy fence, but in winds like those, I am thankful for chain link. Wind blows through, not against.

I love it! it's going to be 71 today and 80 tomorrow. Will be golfing tomorrow! Maybe 36 holes.

What kind of garage doors do you have in Canada?

I wish we had a privacy fence, but in winds like those, I am thankful for chain link. Wind blows through, not against.
I have a separate garage that I use just as a shop that has a cheap spring loaded garage door. I've never replaced it cause I really don't care about it, but today it really sucked.

Cool, you need a drink!

My rant pales in comparison to breeze's, but I'll put it in here anyways: the first day home after vacation always sucks.

And the powers out again. Glad I left the servers on the generator. Sometimes I have good ideas.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

And the powers out again. Glad I left the servers on the generator. Sometimes I have good ideas.

Sounds like you are handling everything....LIKE A BOSS

Dang, sorry to hear it CB. My rant don't hold a candle, but the fire suppression dude is here checking our system and setting off all the alarms. Scares the crap out of me about every 3 minutes, (not to mention my customers).

I can't believe anyone is arguing against DST. I understand that there are the same daylight hours, but most of us are at the mercy of our employers. If you get off at 5 o clock, you can now go play golf. Prior the time change it wasn't possible, where is the harm in that.

But how does it effect energy usage. There are still the same amount of hours where lighting is needed, and the same amount where heating is needed. Its still light for X amount of hours.

I can't believe anyone is arguing against DST. I understand that there are the same daylight hours, but most of us are at the mercy of our employers. If you get off at 5 o clock, you can now go play golf. Prior the time change it wasn't possible, where is the harm in that.

But how does it effect energy usage. There are still the same amount of hours where lighting is needed, and the same amount where heating is needed. Its still light for X amount of hours.

I can't believe people actually turn their clocks back!

I can't believe people actually turn their clocks back!

I agree its dumb, it should just stay DST all year round, but are you really arguing having daylight after work is a bad thing? Late afternoon golf is awesome.

I agree its dumb, it should just stay DST all year round, but are you really arguing having daylight after work is a bad thing? Late afternoon golf is awesome.

Not at all! But a few things... I might know a couple people that actually use that advantage every day. Why does the whole country have to set their clocks back? Why dont the business just decide if they want to open earlier? We push schedules back to accomadate, noone gets any time!

Its annoying that the US changes its clocks now and Mexico doesnt for two more weeks. It messes up all my meetings and conference calls cuz it confuses everyone.

Its annoying that the US changes its clocks now and Mexico doesnt for two more weeks. It messes up all my meetings and conference calls cuz it confuses everyone.

Man that has to be rough. Then having to explain it everyday probably.

No, it's annoying that Mexico doesn't change for two weeks, not that the U.S. has already done it. We rule the world and make all the decisions.

Repainting the living room. The paint takes frikkin for ever to dry.. Going to take two more evenings before it's done at this pace. School takes too much time and then we only have time to do one layer per evening. WTC.

Grr.

No golf today, wife's pre-match-day thing all week and her class is doing things all week, she's going laser tag, I'm going to take care of the dogs.

She's lucky she's gonna be my sugar momma! lol

No, it's annoying that Mexico doesn't change for two weeks, not that the U.S. has already done it. We rule the world and make all the decisions.

Ha, you are right, my bad.

My rant:
c6e4c304-9f1d-8370.jpg

And I have to be back in at 5!!

I was insulted by a friend today. Not something uncommon, we back and forth at each other all day long, in good fun. What he said though, for the first time, shook me. Words rarely affect me, but had he been anyone else, I would have decked him in the middle of the class room. Genuinely. I didn't know I could be affected in such a manner.

I was insulted by a friend today. Not something uncommon, we back and forth at each other all day long, in good fun. What he said though, for the first time, shook me. Words rarely affect me, but had he been anyone else, I would have decked him in the middle of the class room. Genuinely. I didn't know I could be affected in such a manner.

That kind of stuff sucks. I'm sure he wasn't trying to affect you like that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back