The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cowboys offense is offensive right now. Barber is just slow and goes down on first contact and the the line is leaking worse then the Titanic.

The Cowboys offense is offensive right now. Barber is just slow and goes down on first contact and the the line is leaking worse then the Titanic.

they are the size of the titanic, but just like that massive ship, one little crack and down they go

Wow. That just sucked. And Im going to say it again the NFL needs to look at changing the stupid false start penalty. It just kills games and for what? When a 300+ man sways a little bit? Change it!

their offense isn't looking so hot...

I tried calling Jerry to see what the hell was wrong with the offense but they said he was doing a wings commercial with Aikman right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it too early to start the Wade Watch?

What a fun sideline interview with Romo. LOL. I haven't been paying attention the last few weeks. Are the Cowboys struggling this preseason?

Kevin

Wow. Maybe it's time to start thinking about Kitna instead of Romo.

Kevin

Wow. Maybe it's time to start thinking about Kitna instead of Romo.

Kevin

romo didn't play bad at all, it's just they had no run game, I think they had under 20 yards rushing the whole game. The texans just ran all over the cowboys. It's not romo I'm worried about, he will be fine, it's the offensive line, running game, and secondary that worries me.

Looks like Houston is the best team in Texas.

Kevin

guess we will find out during the regular season. I think they play at the end of September this year.

Last edited:
Im not sure there. AJ Smith seems like he would keep Jackson sitting all season.
He is suspended the first 3 games no matter what but the charges act like they're ready to trade him.

Im not sure there. AJ Smith seems like he would keep Jackson sitting all season.

He already had contract talks with the seahawks and they said no to the 5 year $50 mill. he wanted with $30 mill. guaranteed. The vikings also went away after he said what he wanted. So he would have been traded if they said yes but he will sit the whole season if they cant come to agreement, Which is stupid in my opinion for him to hold out.

It's gonna suck for him when Floyd and Naanee tear it up, and they realize they don't even need him.

It's gonna suck for him when Floyd and Naanee tear it up, and they realize they don't even need him.

Dont forget GATES!!! He is a beast! You have matthews coming out of the back field, gates up the middle/red zone. Floyd is very good and I dont know much about Naanee but heard he is suppose to be good this year. Its one hell of an offense for sure, especially when you have Rivers at QB.

edit: Those 6'2'' 220+ guys that run 4.4s usually turn out to be real good, so once that chemistry gets built with rivers then they will be a real good combo.

Dont forget GATES!!! He is a beast! You have matthews coming out of the back field, gates up the middle/red zone. Floyd is very good and I dont know much about Naanee but heard he is suppose to be good this year. Its one hell of an offense for sure, especially when you have Rivers at QB.
Yeah, Gates will certainly still be the #1 receiver there. I was just talking about the supposed "void" Vincent Jackson thinks he will create by sitting out.

Yeah, Gates will certainly still be the #1 Tight end there. I was just talking about the supposed "void" Vincent Jackson thinks he will create by sitting out.

Fify lol (i know you meant TE though) Dont get me wrong Vincent is really really good but those 2 DUI's dont look good and now this crap with his contract isnt looking good either. He would be a number 1 WR at most teams but the "baggage" he has and the contract he wants isnt helping him.

I heard about those but AJ SMith doesnt care. I don't see VJ going anywhere. His demands are out there. The other teams are probably looking for a bargain and VJ isnt. He may be dumb to hold out but I don't like the CHargers anyway lol.
He already had contract talks with the seahawks and they said no to the 5 year $50 mill. he wanted with $30 mill. guaranteed. The vikings also went away after he said what he wanted. So he would have been traded if they said yes but he will sit the whole season if they cant come to agreement, Which is stupid in my opinion for him to hold out.

This is not quite accurate. They gave permission to speak with ONE team. A team that already has a boatload of money tied up in WRs. A player's agent cannot speak to any teams without permission while being under contract with another team. It is called tampering and is a HUGE no-no. Teams cannot even comment on a player like that, so all it is, is media talk at this point (about his wants)

Media outlets are telling people that some teams should look into him such as the Vikes, and Jackson has said "they gave us permission to talk with other teams". But as of this morning, according to the team, they have only spoken with Seattle.

The Chargers reportedly have allowed Jackson's representatives to speak to one other team -- the Seattle Seahawks -- about a trade but nothing has been forthcoming. They haven't opened up discussions to other teams.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/28/vincent-jackson-tells-nfl-network-he-could-sit-out-entire-season/

Here is another one.

There are plenty of catches, though. The Chargers have only given Seattle permission to talk to Jackson about a contract. Still, if a team offers the Chargers enough goods, I’m sure additional permissions would be granted

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16093/could-vikings-make-a-play-for-vj

Last edited:
Guess I should have said gave permission. I just saw were he wanted 50 mill for 5 years from the Seahawks and the Vikings were interested until they saw/heard that's what he wanted.
Dang media people.

Looks like Houston is the best team in Texas.

Kevin

I think Houston will be good this year. They have gotten better the last 2 years. Hope they get out to a fast start, they seem to be a second half team the last couple of years, if my memory is correct

I think Houston will be good this year. They have gotten better the last 2 years. Hope they get out to a fast start, they seem to be a second half team the last couple of years, if my memory is correct

they looked great against the cowboys for much of the first half. for a team that many are picking for the SB, the cowboys haven't been impressive.

they looked great against the cowboys for much of the first half. for a team that many are picking for the SB, the cowboys haven't been impressive.

as a cowboy fan I am a little worried. However, I never put too much stock in preseason. We've seen team with the superbowl after going 0-4 in preason. Also seen team lock up the number 1 draft pick after going 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back