The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little surprised, but I did not think he was a NFL QB at the starter level. But its also not exactly him trying to get a roster spot from Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. This is Seneca Wallace and Jake D

haha, yeah, that kind of puts it into a better perspective....he was just surrounded by great weapons and a great defense in college.....that makes everything different.

i don't think they will cut him...I don't think he is an upper echelon QB of the future for the NFL, but I don't think he will get cut

I wasn't really high on this year's QB class and I still believe that. Between McCoy and Bradford and Tebow there was slim pickings and they were all overrated. This upcoming year's QB class, however, could be on of the better ones to come through in a while.

Happens with some NFL teams too. A QB is top notch in one system, goes to another and they are average.

haha, yeah, that kind of puts it into a better perspective....he was just surrounded by great weapons and a great defense in college.....that makes everything different.

He really didnt have that many weapons on offense, shipley was about the only real weapon that was a game changer. He did his part in college but it was the system that helped him out. He was there run game and pass game.

i don't think they will cut him...I don't think he is an upper echelon QB of the future for the NFL, but I don't think he will get cut

I do. If not now then soon. Word out there is he cant read zone defenses and cant get the ball out to a deep out pattern.

Derek Anderson will be starting for the Cardinals this weekend. Perhaps time to worry about Matt Lienart

I think they already are....

Jermichael Finley.

That is all.

Kevin

Wow. 59 points.

Kevin

What was up with Manning and the officials? He was pissed. And the NFL doesnt want Manning upset.

What was up with Manning and the officials? He was pissed. And the NFL doesnt want Manning upset.

they changed the spot were the umpire used to stand, instead of him standing behind the linebackers as he usually does they decided to move him behind the qb for safety reasons(said over 100 collisions last year) so now he has to put the ball down and get behind the qb before the snap goes off, well with the colts fast paced offense that doesn't work. He was in the way a few times when manning was trying to snap the ball and he got pissed about because they guy couldn't move fast enough.

I have a feeling that rule gets a little more tweaking done to it because even if he gets back to his spot in time be is only a few yards back behind the qb(shotgun formation) He almost got ran over once by manning lol
It's basically put the ball down and run to ur spot behind the qb or else your in the way. Idk how there going to fix it unless they just move him back to his old spot behind the linebackers, but even there he is in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know they changed the rules and all that. But Manning was having serious issues with it last night and he was PISSED. Thats the first Ive seen of anyone having any issue with it last night and it was a big one. I saw a whole series that was ruined by the official being in the way.

It definitely disrupted the offense. Not making excuses for the Colts in any way because even with the distractions their first team wasn't bad. Just not the same.

As I understand it, the new rule says that the Umpire will be responsible for spotting the ball when a play results in a gain of less than 10 yards downfield and that longer plays can now be spotted by the nearest official.

The problem seems to be twofold:
  1. Since the Umpire has traditionally spotted the ball, there seems to be some confusion as to when he relinquishes that responsibility to others
  2. Since the Umpire is not used to being in his new position, the amount of "hustle" required to get there is something else they're not used to.

What's interesting is that in the last two minutes of a half, the Ump goes back to his "normal" position. I can only believe that this is done in anticipation of a "hurry up" situation and that the League acknowledges that in that situation, having the Ump in the defensive backfield helps to speed things up.

I guess they never dealt with the idea of a "hurry up" occurring at other times during a game or that some teams and QB's (such as Manning) prefer a quick tempo overall.

Don't worry, if Peyton is pissed, someone is going to change something because I believe there's also a rule somewhere that says if Peyton is unhappy, something has to be done about it immediately.

Cuz if Peyton ain't happy, wud'n nobody happy.

-JP

Sam Bradford looked pretty darn good last night against the Patriots. Yes its the preseason. Yes its early. I still take Bradford over Suh any day IF Im the Rams. Two years from now this a mute point. Bradford is the real deal.

Sam Bradford looked pretty darn good last night against the Patriots. Yes its the preseason. Yes its early. I still take Bradford over Suh any day IF Im the Rams. Two years from now this a mute point. Bradford is the real deal.

I agree, if he doesnt get hurt he wins the heisman and a few other awards, idk if they would have went to the national championship game (defense wasnt as good as UT) but they would have a lot more offense and won a few of those games they lost. He is really good.

I would have taken Suh. Kept him out of the NFC North. JMHO. :)

As I understand it, the new rule says that the Umpire will be responsible for spotting the ball when a play results in a gain of less than 10 yards downfield and that longer plays can now be spotted by the nearest official.

The problem seems to be twofold:
  1. Since the Umpire has traditionally spotted the ball, there seems to be some confusion as to when he relinquishes that responsibility to others
  2. Since the Umpire is not used to being in his new position, the amount of "hustle" required to get there is something else they're not used to.

What's interesting is that in the last two minutes of a half, the Ump goes back to his "normal" position. I can only believe that this is done in anticipation of a "hurry up" situation and that the League acknowledges that in that situation, having the Ump in the defensive backfield helps to speed things up.

I guess they never dealt with the idea of a "hurry up" occurring at other times during a game or that some teams and QB's (such as Manning) prefer a quick tempo overall.

Don't worry, if Peyton is pissed, someone is going to change something because I believe there's also a rule somewhere that says if Peyton is unhappy, something has to be done about it immediately.

Cuz if Peyton ain't happy, wud'n nobody happy.

-JP

Jaworski said it best last night. We need more athletic officials and give them helmets. Some of these refs aren't spring chickens and i'm surprised a ref hasn't sustained a terrible injury on the field yet.

I've wondered for a long time why the NFL hasn't gone to younger more athletic refs. How can those old dudes keep up? It just seems to make sense to have guys that are a little athletic running with these world class athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back