The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For dinner, I'm making Matt Flynn burgers. Extra thin triple patties, extra cheese, pickles, and onions fried in lots of Land 'O Lakes butter. Matt Flynn and a pickle on top make the heart go flippity flop.

GO MATT FLYNN! GO MATT FLYNN! GO MATT FLYNN!

You gotta believe!

Kevin

For dinner, I'm making Matt Flynn burgers. Extra thin triple patties, extra cheese, pickles, and onions fried in lots of Land 'O Lakes butter. Matt Flynn and a pickle on top make the heart go flippity flop.

You gotta believe!

Kevin

Do you slice it in half? I figure he is half a QB, why not....hehe.

JB,
I didn't mean that in a literal sense, meaning that you could only hate a guy if he committed a crime. I guess what I meant is that in the end, these guys are athletes, and even if they are conducting themselves in a way that you may not like, they're still just playing a game. There's much more serious things out there on a daily basis for people to get upset about than the way someone acts while playing a game. It's a little hard for me to explain via words on here, but that's how I look at it. I used to get extremely emotional about sports a few years ago, now I guess I'm just mellowing out a little.

Also, it's a little hard to gauge tone sometimes on here, so maybe the way I'm reading stuff on here comes off worse than people really feel.

One last thing about the Eagles: the hype about an NFC title game in Atlanta between the Eagles and Falcons would be off the charts. Still, I think that the further the Eagles go this season, the harder it will be outside of Philadelphia to find anyone rooting for them.

Ya I agree but that also doesnt mean we cant think someone is a moron for doing stupid stuff week after week after week when he says he is going to stop. There is no reason to do some of the crap he does, I will give him the benefit of the doubt running around before crossing the goaline to make sure time is out, but holding the ball above your head while a guy is 3 feet behind you, falling into the end zone, running into the end zone backwards then saying the crap he does after a game is going to far and making himself look like a complete fool.

yeah, I got a big 'who the eff is Matt Flynn?' look....
Did you try it?

It's fun.

Kevin

JB,
I didn't mean that in a literal sense, meaning that you could only hate a guy if he committed a crime. I guess what I meant is that in the end, these guys are athletes, and even if they are conducting themselves in a way that you may not like, they're still just playing a game. There's much more serious things out there on a daily basis for people to get upset about than the way someone acts while playing a game. It's a little hard for me to explain via words on here, but that's how I look at it. I used to get extremely emotional about sports a few years ago, now I guess I'm just mellowing out a little.

Also, it's a little hard to gauge tone sometimes on here, so maybe the way I'm reading stuff on here comes off worse than people really feel.

There sure are. But I guess according to that logic, should we even watch these "games"? I mean there are more important things going on certainly. Part of sports is having a villian. It just makes it so much easier for fans, when you dont have to create one based on location strictly, like in this case and this idiot does it for us.

Do you slice it in half? I figure he is half a QB, why not....hehe.

We have them on small buns. He's going to be the next Pat Haden. Bootstrap quarterback.

Kevin

We have them on small buns. He's going to be the next Pat Haden. Bootstrap quarterback.

Kevin

I mentioned it earlier, but it is so weird to think of Packers fans NOT having their starting QB in a big game. Its not Rodgers fault obviously, this stuff happens, but its been SO long. Puts that streak in perspective for me.

I mentioned it earlier, but it is so weird to think of Packers fans NOT having their starting QB in a big game. Its not Rodgers fault obviously, this stuff happens, but its been SO long. Puts that streak in perspective for me.

Makes me wonder how many games Favre would have missed if the concussion rules were in place. Five or six years ago he took a shot to the head in a game against the Giants I was at at Lambeau. He came out for a play, then without telling anyone ran onto the field, waved the other QB out, and threw a TD pass. He sat the rest of the game and didn't even remember running on the field and throwing the TD. Probably would have had to sit the next week. I'm sure there were others.

Kevin

3rd and 10 QB draws may have worked all the time at UF, but in the NFL, its not oing to cut it ON EVERY SERIES! Throw the freaking ball.

Good finish in the Jets-Steelers game. I like games going down to the wire.

Think that safety was important to the Jets?

Colt mccoy is gonna be a good qb I think. Hes a smart kid with a good arm and decent mobility .

Colt mccoy is gonna be a good qb I think. Hes a smart kid with a good arm and decent mobility .

Smart? Check. Decent mobility? Check. Good arm? Most would disagree with that one.

J-Rod. Here is the original draft report on him from one GM.

Colt Mccoy reads in the positive: mobile with a quick first step, athletic, decisive, accurate on quick out, quick release, and good leader. The negatives are: physical frame size, weak arm strength, aims ball right out of the snap, no experience operating under center, and stares down receiver, cannot throw deep out.

Smart? Check. Decent mobility? Check. Good arm? Most would disagree with that one.

Well to be honest I don't really follow the browns but he made a couple really strong throws. I'm not talking brett favre but strong nonetheless.

J-Rod. Here is the original draft report on him from one GM.

Colt Mccoy reads in the positive: mobile with a quick first step, athletic, decisive, accurate on quick out, quick release, and good leader. The negatives are: physical frame size, weak arm strength, aims ball right out of the snap, no experience operating under center, and stares down receiver, cannot throw deep out.

I would definitely defer to both your opinions .

yes, but they almost gave the game away by passing it on 3rd down with 2:12 left. Steelers were allowed to get the ball back with 1 TO and time on the clock that should never have been there......no let's go have a damn snack!
Think that safety was important to the Jets?

Help me fellow THPers. The Patriots win enough.

Kevin

I don't live too far from Foxboro. Permit me to doubt. :)

There's one in every wood pile. LOL.

That Faith Hill has got some gams.

Kevin

I hate having to cheer for the Patriots. But I will tonight!

Man Desean is gonna get his. One day someone may catch him, but until then I dont see him stopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vince.wilfork looks ridiculous . He is completely round .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back