The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a finish to the NYG/PHI game!!!

Even though I was hoping for overtime so Vick could have gotten me some more FF points.

edit: +1 OEM

The Eagles. WTF? Good for the Packers, I guess, like the DEEEEtroit game, but I almost hate to see it happen because of Vick.

Kevin

D. Jackson is such a punk, I cant stand that kid. Maybe another hard shot to the head will knock some sense into him.

Agreed. The guy never learns. NFL network was showing him still running around with the clock at 000. Just him being him.

The Eagles. WTF? Good for the Packers, I guess, like the DEEEEtroit game, but I almost hate to see it happen because of Vick.

Kevin

Agreed.

Agreed. The guy never learns. NFL network was showing him still running around with the clock at 000. Just him being him.

Agreed.

I saw something on either NFL network or ESPN about Jackson. They were talking about his show boating and how hes been doing it and costing his team TD's since HS. They showed him in a HS all star game running a TD back, doing a flip where he landed on the ball but left the ball sitting on the turf. I had to LOL and youre right he never learns.

I saw something on either NFL network or ESPN about Jackson. They were talking about his show boating and how hes been doing it and costing his team TD's since HS. They showed him in a HS all star game running a TD back, doing a flip where he landed on the ball but left the ball sitting on the turf. I had to LOL and youre right he never learns.

I'll be the contrarian and give Desean Jackson the benefit of the doubt on this one. He may have not known that time had expired when he approached the goal line (even though all of us could see it on the screen via the Fox timer), and chose to ran along the goal line, just like Brandon Stokely did a few years ago in this video:

If you've ever played Madden, it's a classic move to run by the goal line to let time run off the clock.

Of course, even if he did know about the time, the guy just won the game on a walk-off punt return TD! Let the man celebrate. If the Giants didn't want him to showboat or celebrate, make the freaking tackle on the return.

Its kind of like the boy who cried wolf. He has been an absolute idiot so many times, that he gets no pass. And he can celebrate all he wants AS SOON AS HE ACTUALLY SCORES!

Jackson is a punk, always has been and always will be. I dont care what he just did or what they did in Madden or what anyone thinks he deserves. He continues to show boat every single time he scores and it gets old. How about you act youve been there before instead of some kid playing Madden and running up the score.

How about how he was running with the ball in one hand and above his head. Biggest comeback in years and he's running around like an idiot, especially after dropping the ball earlier, whether the guy touched his back muff or not.

He's a dope. Albeit a fast dope.

Kevin

Its a shame the people blessed with the most talent usually end up being dumbasses.

Sorry for the vulgar language but there is no other way to describe this clown.

On a more important note, great comeback by Philly to take the division by the throat.

jackson is a punk, always has been and always will be. I dont care what he just did or what they did in madden or what anyone thinks he deserves. He continues to show boat every single time he scores and it gets old. How about you act youve been there before instead of some kid playing madden and running up the score.

Boom!!!! Rep added

Oh and just last week at the post game interview didn't he say we were done seeing that stuff? Freaking moron.

Oh and just last week at the post game interview didn't he say we were done seeing that stuff? Freaking moron.

You nailed it. He sure did.

I just had a vision. Teenage QB Matt Flynn leads the Packers to victory tonight in New England earning the nickname Miracle Matt.

GO MATT FLYNN!

Kevin

I just had a vision. Teenage QB Matt Flynn leads the Packers to victory tonight in New England earning the nickname Miracle Matt.

GO MATT FLYNN!

Kevin

Its been a long time that Packer fans had to worry about a QB when a game is as big as this.

I'll agree that Jackson has done some really dumb things in the past, but why such vitriol towards the guy? The guy has never committed a crime or gone to jail (unlike someone else on his team), but you would think that he had by reading some people's thoughts on here. Oh well, we can agree to disagree on him. You have to recognize the talent....saw a stat the other day, he has more 60+ yard touchdowns than anyone else in the league since 2008, he's one of the most explosive players in the game.

If I really wanted to get mad about something, it would be about the stinkbomb that my Dolphins put up against the Bills today. Looks like the Dolphins will go into the offseason needing to retool the entire offense, and perhaps the coaching staff too. Bill Cowher on line 1?

I'm watching NFL Redzone right now, the Raiders-Broncos game is surprisingly entertaining. I'm shocked that no one on here has professed their love for Tebow based on his play today, esp. those Gator fans that are out there.

GO MATT FLYNN!

Kevin

I think the nickname "Deer in headlights" will be more appropriate after tonight. It's hard for me to say that, because I really don't like the Pats (makes it bad living around here to not like them), but they are really good this year.

I'll agree that Jackson has done some really dumb things in the past, but why such vitriol towards the guy? The guy has never committed a crime or gone to jail (unlike someone else on his team), but you would think that he had by reading some people's thoughts on here. Oh well, we can agree to disagree on him. You have to recognize the talent....saw a stat the other day, he has more 60+ yard touchdowns than anyone else in the league since 2008, he's one of the most explosive players in the game.

If I really wanted to get mad about something, it would be about the stinkbomb that my Dolphins put up against the Bills today. Looks like the Dolphins will go into the offseason needing to retool the entire offense, and perhaps the coaching staff too. Bill Cowher on line 1?

I'm watching NFL Redzone right now, the Raiders-Broncos game is surprisingly entertaining. I'm shocked that no one on here has professed their love for Tebow based on his play today, esp. those Gator fans that are out there.

Maybe you guys can snag gruden, he is the catch no one can land.

Is that the measuring stick nowadays? if so, how sad is that? Neither has T.O., by the way. Being an A$$ does not necessarily mean being a criminal in my opinion. One can be just a complete jerk and still be loathed.

and then you woke up....

GO MATT FLYNN!

Kevin

and then you woke up....

Come on, Hanks. Come on everybody. Believe with me. Say this really fast a couple times. Make the words short and choppy.

GO MATT FLYNN! GO MATT FLYNN! GO MATT FLYNN!

It will work.

Kevin

The one thing more than anything that pisses me off, is teams that dont know how to manage the clock!!!!!!!!! It never fails, so many teams leave points on the field because they take 20 seconds to get a play off in the 2 minuted drill. Ridiculous!

lol Esox.....
Come on, Hanks. Come on everybody. Believe with me. Say this really fast a couple times. Make the words short and choppy.

GO MATT FLYNN! GO MATT FLYNN! GO MATT FLYNN!

It will work.

Kevin

Is that the measuring stick nowadays? if so, how sad is that? Neither has T.O., by the way. Being an A$$ does not necessarily mean being a criminal in my opinion. One can be just a complete jerk and still be loathed.

JB,
I didn't mean that in a literal sense, meaning that you could only hate a guy if he committed a crime. I guess what I meant is that in the end, these guys are athletes, and even if they are conducting themselves in a way that you may not like, they're still just playing a game. There's much more serious things out there on a daily basis for people to get upset about than the way someone acts while playing a game. It's a little hard for me to explain via words on here, but that's how I look at it. I used to get extremely emotional about sports a few years ago, now I guess I'm just mellowing out a little.

Also, it's a little hard to gauge tone sometimes on here, so maybe the way I'm reading stuff on here comes off worse than people really feel.

One last thing about the Eagles: the hype about an NFC title game in Atlanta between the Eagles and Falcons would be off the charts. Still, I think that the further the Eagles go this season, the harder it will be outside of Philadelphia to find anyone rooting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back