The Official 2024 NFL Thread

😂

Happy to see all the National Champion Michigan players getting drafted tonight.

Reviewing some team overviews, I think the Steelers had a great day 1-2

Justin Jefferson at 22 was criminal.

Man I'm a little disappointed Bills didn't grab Franklin there. Take two swings at a position you literally have nothing at.
I am very good with Bishop here. Can grab a WR in round four

So confused on what Dallas is doing. Looks like they are brining back Zeke and pairing with with Rico Dowdle. I'm sure that rb combination has the NFC east crapping in their pants.

I know it won't happen but it's time for a rebuild. It might sound crazy but I was hoping they would have traded Dak and went after one of the qb's. Take the cap hit and start with a new qb.

I just dont see Dallas, with throwing out the same roster, winning anything.

Could it be the end for Dak and McCarthy after this year?

So confused on what Dallas is doing. Looks like they are brining back Zeke and pairing with with Rico Dowdle. I'm sure that rb combination has the NFC east crapping in their pants.

I know it won't happen but it's time for a rebuild. It might sound crazy but I was hoping they would have traded Dak and went after one of the qb's. Take the cap hit and start with a new qb.

It really feels like it's going to be a long year. I have a feeling not taking Marshawn Lloyd right there in the 3rd might come back to haunt them. The skill players are really lacking coming into this season.

Happy to see all the National Champion Michigan players getting drafted tonight.
Browns got the best player from that team in the 3rd round. I think Jenkins is going to be great for the Bengals too.

Browns got the best player from that team in the 3rd round. I think Jenkins is going to be great for the Bengals too.
Yeah, I wondered if he would fall because of the injury. I think Jenkins has all the talent in the world to succeed at this level.

Probably going to head down this afternoon and check out the draft experience. Hoping the crowds aren’t as big today with some questionable weather

"Traits" guy with a major injury in the last year or two.

Trent Baalke:

Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

Don't like the Maason Smith pick in R2. Think he'd have been there in the 3rd and could have gotten a better corner in the 2nd. Any thoughts on him @JDax? Seems like a good kid, but no production for such a physical specimen...

Fine with Jarrian Jones in the 3rd I guess - he's a good enough player, but I'm not sure he's an outside corner in the NFL. And complete opposite of a Baalke guy with shorter arms and such.

As good as Baalke did in R1 moving back and getting picks and still getting the player they wanted, I think they did just as poorly on day 2 over drafting people they likely could have gotten later and wasted value. But that's typical.

Trent Baalke:

Don't like the Maason Smith pick in R2. Think he'd have been there in the 3rd and could have gotten a better corner in the 2nd. Any thoughts on him @JDax? Seems like a good kid, but no production for such a physical specimen...

Fine with Jarrian Jones in the 3rd I guess - he's a good enough player, but I'm not sure he's an outside corner in the NFL. And complete opposite of a Baalke guy with shorter arms and such.

As good as Baalke did in R1 moving back and getting picks and still getting the player they wanted, I think they did just as poorly on day 2 over drafting people they likely could have gotten later and wasted value. But that's typical.
As a Niner fan I’ve probably made this post on another forum circa 2012-2014.

Probably going to head down this afternoon and check out the draft experience. Hoping the crowds aren’t as big today with some questionable weather
Is it an open to the public type of thing? Or do you have to pay for admission?

Dallas mis-managed Dak and his contract and paid him a year late so they crippled themselves financially. Lamb and Parsons need paid as well but held hostage by the QB contract. Just like Minn. moving on from Cousins. In part I can see why Atlanta drafted Penix so they can dumb him in 2 years when he asks for a new contract.

Trey Lance is in the building and is young and athletic. Not sure what he has learned so far with limited playing time

I think the Steelers have had a top level, A1 draft, they have to get a CB and more DL help.... I'm a Steelers fan and I'm giddier than a teenage school girl.
Steelers got 3 starters in the first three rounds

Dallas mis-managed Dak and his contract and paid him a year late so they crippled themselves financially. Lamb and Parsons need paid as well but held hostage by the QB contract. Just like Minn. moving on from Cousins. In part I can see why Atlanta drafted Penix so they can dumb him in 2 years when he asks for a new contract.

Trey Lance is in the building and is young and athletic. Not sure what he has learned so far with limited playing time
Not sure Lance us the answer but I think we might find out after this year.

If they give Dak $250 for 5 with 150 guaranteed, they are screwed for years.

I wonder how long it will take for NFL teams to refuse to pay for WRs the amount they are paying right now just like they did RBs a few years ago?

Not sure Lance us the answer but I think we might find out after this year.

If they give Dak $250 for 5 with 150 guaranteed, they are screwed for years.
If anyone is naive enough to do that for Dak, it's Jerry Jones.

Trent Baalke:

Masson Smith was a monster as a Freshman, 5 Star with one of the highest grades ever given for a DL by On3.

He had severe knee injury on the 2nd series of the first game his Sophomore season, missed the rest of the season.

Last year he came back from the injury and played through a nagging ankle injury for the season. He played really well the last two games of the season.

When he was healthy he was a Freshman All American, he just played only one season that he was healthy, if he doesn’t get hurt again, he’s going to be really good.

Note: The former LSU DC is now on the Jags staff.

Back