The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a golf related note, I have my second round match for my club's season long match play event tomorrow. I'm playing against the defending champion and we're playing straight up so I'm excited for a good match. He's a good player and a tough competitor, but I haven't felt so confident in my equipment (Callaway Razr X Forged irons and Odyssey Black Series Tour #2 putter) in a long time so I hope that helps if the match goes the distance!

Good luck man, although I doubt you will need it. Take him down!

So I'm going to take this post a different direction. I've been out for about a month till this last Sunday. I'd been working pretty hard at the game leading up to the outing and planned on keeping it up till the MC. Then I cut the thumb off and had to get a new forged composite one. Then I took the family on a cruise for a week which happen to coincide with getting back to golf and the thumb being fully healed. So now I'm back to 100% and ready to get my golf on. Sunday I got off the boat drove from Baltimore back home and unpacked. Then I did the yard and trimmed one last bush in the back yard that I missed when I did the others. Then I went right to the course for a round of golf. I probably should have gone to the driving range but I had to get back on the course. Did I play well? No. Did I have trouble getting the 3w off the ground all day? Yes. Did I shoot a big number? I sure did. But I came away with a few pars too. I one putted 6 holes on the front. But most importantly I got back on the course and come Morgan Cup time I'll be ready.

Good luck AHA! Is the season long event a cumulative type of thing where you have standings with wins and losses, or is it a single elimination event? If it is single elimination (aka bracket), that's pretty rough to play the defending champion this early in the year! It may be a silly question, but not belonging to a club, I've wondered how those types of events are structured. My dad plays in one at his club, and it's a 5-round thing with 1 match per weekend in a single elimination format.

I play in a 16 man, round robin, match play event. It runs over the course of almost four months. I've played in 7 matches so far this season. I play in the A Player's flight. You play every guy once. You get one point for the win, 1/2 point for the tie, and of course, nothing for losing. I'm doing pretty good so far with 4 1/2 points. It's a lot of fun and the competition is tough b/c you don't really know the guys. You shake hands, tee it up, and play.

Good luck AHA! Is the season long event a cumulative type of thing where you have standings with wins and losses, or is it a single elimination event? If it is single elimination (aka bracket), that's pretty rough to play the defending champion this early in the year! It may be a silly question, but not belonging to a club, I've wondered how those types of events are structured. My dad plays in one at his club, and it's a 5-round thing with 1 match per weekend in a single elimination format.

Thanks! It's a single elimination bracket event. They set it up so the four 'regions' include similar handicaps so everyone in my 'region' is approx. a sub 5 handicap. By doing it this way you end up playing with as few handicap stokes involved as possible in the first few rounds (which I prefer as I'd rather play a straight up match). It's a really fun event and great match play prep for the Morgan Cup.

Good luck Andy. I will be rooting for you from a far.

Thanks buddy!

Like I said, and I'll reiterate it, I am glad that there are supporters I welcome it, but if you guys poke, prepare to be poked back, it's simple. TC is a likable guy, he really is. The life of the party, the guy you think is your long lost brother and you've known him 5 minutes, I get it.

Poke away dude. I will even help you out. I am as bald as P4B, overweight, and I am not currently good enough to be invited to play in The Morgan Cup. But realize, and respect, that this is how the majority of THP'ers can be involved in this great event.

sounds like everyone just needs to hug it out!

Poke away dude. I will even help you out. I am as bald as P4B, overweight, and I am not currently good enough to be invited to play in The Morgan Cup. But realize, and respect, that this is how the majority of THP'ers can be involved in this great event.

crap dude now I have no ammo to use on you haha

Man sometimes this thread is ridiculous. There are 16 guys competing in this event. I like all of you. I want all of you to play exceptional golf and have a great time. I am playing a part on the forum. That part is Team Hacker fan. That does not mean that I hope Team Paradise does poorly. If you guys are taking it that way I am sorry. Any time I have poked fun it was in jest. You guys are taking things to heart that don't mean to be taken that way. If you saw me as I typed any of my comments in this thread you would see that I am laughing while I type. You would also see that I laugh everytime someone calls me short or any other snide comment toward me. Both sides need to take a breath and remember we are all friends here.

On the first tee we have Team Hackers from Hineyville North Carolina, The Mountain Mountain ---- Lucassssssssss Calloway along with team mate OEM Kevinnnnnnn "The Real Deal" McNiel from Elkton, MD but a Native Texan vs Team Paradise with Jake "the man with the plan" Jason Kunze from the great state of Dakota with team mate 45 second man ------ Jarrettttttttttttt Calloway from North Carolina! Are you ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeee :blob::deadhorse::starwars:!! The 2011 Morgan Cup is off and running :D

Last edited:
Funniest thing I've watched or read all night...I have tears streaming down my face it's so funny!

I was hoping you would as you are obviously the better golfer!!

lol Eminem style right there

Nobody is as bald as Jake!

On the first tee we have Team Hackers from Hineyville North Carolina, The Mountain Mountain ---- Lucassssssssss Calloway along with team mate OEM Kevinnnnnnn McNiel from Elkton, MD but a Native Texan vs Team Paradise with Jake "the man with the plan" Jason Kunze from the great state of Dakota with team mate 45 second man ------ Jarrettttttttttttt Calloway from North Carolina! Are you ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeee :blob::deadhorse::starwars:!! The 2011 Morgan Cup is off and running :D

This has to happen! I don't care if OG can't make it down, get him to record this and play it on the first tee!

This has to happen! I don't care if OG can't make it down, get him to record this and play it on the first tee!

that would be hilarious

I've enjoyed everyone's videos and found none offensive nor have I had any issue with them.

Something tells me we are going into bro hug mode again! Everybody here knows that we are all friends. If we can't rib eachother a little bit and laugh it off and continue to banter away then that is truly pitiful.

That was the funniest thing I read all night! Thanks for posting that OG!

On the first tee we have Team Hackers from Hineyville North Carolina, The Mountain Mountain ---- Lucassssssssss Calloway along with team mate OEM Kevinnnnnnn McNiel from Elkton, MD but a Native Texan vs Team Paradise with Jake "the man with the plan" Jason Kunze from the great state of Dakota with team mate 45 second man ------ Jarrettttttttttttt Calloway from North Carolina! Are you ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeee :blob::deadhorse::starwars:!! The 2011 Morgan Cup is off and running :D

I've enjoyed everyone's videos and found none offensive nor have I had any issue with them.

When did OEM become the voice of reason around here? That must have been a great cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back