The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you don't want non participants involved and feeling a part of this great event. How sad that you don't realize that is exactly the point. It's cool though, I would rather have a groupie tag (which I think is awesome), and be involved than not.

Great post buddy, THATS EXACTLY WHAT THIS EVENT IS ABOUT. Love having you as a supporter lefty brother.

Also, I like how your team is making cute little banners for other people to try to get some fans. On Team Paradise, we don't care about banners on here, we just care about working on our games so that we can be the best team in August.

I just care about August and the MC.

I give you....

Tiger Tiger Woods Y'all.

Sounds like you don't want non participants involved and feeling a part of this great event. How sad that you don't realize that is exactly the point. It's cool though, I would rather have a groupie tag (which I think is awesome), and be involved than not.

Well said Yorkem.

Great post Yorkem!

Great post Yorkem!

Here's my question, and it's not meant to be accusatory at all: Who is actually going to be there to support Team Hackers? On the Team Paradise side, my family is going to be there, Esox is going to have some family down there as well, and biggsy already has some friends coming for the event.

Of course, it's great to see people on the forum getting involved with this tournament, and we'd love the support of others. However, is that the primary focus of our team? No, we're focused on getting ready for the actual tournament in August. It seems like Team Hackers is like the Washington Redskins: winners in the offseason every year. We've seen how that works out when the real competition takes place.

Here's my question, and it's not meant to be accusatory at all: Who is actually going to be there to support Team Hackers? On the Team Paradise side, my family is going to be there, Esox is going to have some family down there as well, and biggsy already has some friends coming for the event.

Of course, it's great to see people on the forum getting involved with this tournament, and we'd love the support of others. However, is that the primary focus of our team? No, we're focused on getting ready for the actual tournament in August. It seems like Team Hackers is like the Washington Redskins: winners in the offseason every year. We've seen how that works out when the real competition takes place.

Please leave my Redskins out of this, thanks.

I know I plan to be there if work cooperates, if not I'm giving my support now. It's nice to know you guys are going to have family around, it helps in moments of despair.

This thread kind of took an odd turn in the last couple hours.

TC - I thought the video of Foster was great...and I would have thought it was funny if a Paradisian had done it at our expense.
Ary - Great to see the face of the opponent, and good trash talking video.

Glad to have the Team Hackers supporters here and properly labeled.

No, we have just figured out how to walk and chew gum at the same time. Somehow Team Hackers have managed to figure out how to work on our golf games, take care of our lives, and be active likable forum members all at the same time.

Thats not the point, the point is for us not lucky enough to be able to play in the Morgan cup or go and watch this is our little way of being a part of it, of course the familys are going to be there this is a once in a life time opportunity and im sure most families wouldnt miss it for the world

Im not sure we should make this about who can afford to come down and support a team live.
The Morgan Cup is about way more than that...You might want to read the 1st post again.
Someone can be a fan from afar and that is why THP is having coverage of this event.
Do you go to every Duke game and go watch every single Tiger Woods event (he only plays about 10)?
No, but you watch them on TV or the web to show support.

This event is about more than 16 golfers prepare for a tournament, its about a community of people embracing the idea of a select few getting the opportunity of a lifetime.
For some that means embracing those around them and relishing every waking moment of it.
For some that means sharing, to the best of their ability, this "prize" with the forum members around them.
For others I guess it means to stick to themselves and work on their game and look at the prize at the end of the tunnel, the Morgan Cup.

Some people cherish this and want to share the entire thing with everybody through words, videos and pictures. Others look at the task and see it only as a competitive weekend of golf I guess.

I truly wish I could be, but it is not feasible for me because I have a family vacation at the end of July and taking time off work back to back is not something I can do. I will continue to support this great event, and will follow as much as possible online.

Really, you can't be serious??? ...Then obviously you missed my post in the spectator thread. Here it is.

I'd love for as many THPers to attend. It would be great to shake some hands and put some faces to the screen names.

This is a great opportunity to be up close and part of the action as well as lend a hand.

JB, do we need passes for people who just want to come watch?

I'm glad you took a side, I am glad TC is leading all of you down a path to defeat, it will make the victory all the more sweeter come August.

I'm sorry, but you look like a fool right now.
You are entitled to that opinion, as am I.

man has this one gone off the beaten path or what, I cant keep up with it anymore, its all over the place

Thats not the point, the point is for us not lucky enough to be able to play in the Morgan cup or go and watch this is our little way of being a part of it, of course the familys are going to be there this is a once in a life time opportunity and im sure most families wouldnt miss it for the world
Like I said, and I'll reiterate it, I am glad that there are supporters I welcome it, but if you guys poke, prepare to be poked back, it's simple. TC is a likable guy, he really is. The life of the party, the guy you think is your long lost brother and you've known him 5 minutes, I get it.

Like I said, and I'll reiterate it, I am glad that there are supporters I welcome it, but if you guys poke, prepare to be poked back, it's simple. TC is a likable guy, he really is. The life of the party, the guy you think is your long lost brother and you've known him 5 minutes, I get it.

I like you too biggsy.

poke away my friend, poke away

Im not sure we should make this about who can afford to come down and support a team live.
The Morgan Cup is about way more than that...You might want to read the 1st post again.
Someone can be a fan from afar and that is why THP is having coverage of this event.
Do you go to every Duke game and go watch every single Tiger Woods event (he only plays about 10)?
No, but you watch them on TV or the web to show support.

This event is about more than 16 golfers prepare for a tournament, its about a community of people embracing the idea of a select few getting the opportunity of a lifetime.
For some that means embracing those around them and relishing every waking moment of it.
For some that means sharing, to the best of their ability, this "prize" with the forum members around them.
For others I guess it means to stick to themselves and work on their game and look at the prize at the end of the tunnel, the Morgan Cup.

Some people cherish this and want to share the entire thing with everybody through words, videos and pictures. Others look at the task and see it only as a competitive weekend of golf I guess.

I was not trying to make it about a person's ability to attend the event in person. I realize that it's a big financial commitment to do that, and everyone's financial situation is different. I would never begrudge someone for not being able to attend the event due to limitations, whether it's from a financial standpoint or other issues (work, family responsibilities, etc.). Sorry if it came across in that manner. What I was wondering is how many people we can expect to be on the ground at the tournament, and I probably phrased it a bit wrong in the original post. It would be great to see some of the participants chime in if they are bringing family members in this thread, I think that more people that are watching the matches, the more intense the feeling of the tournament will be.

To the other issue that you raised, I can only speak for myself, but I think I've made it pretty apparent in the past few days that I'm not just sticking to myself and only working on my game. Heck, I even put up a video, which as you know is a tremendous accomplishment for me. :wink: I don't think that anyone on Team Paradise has been antagonistic to others on the forum that are not participating in the event, as we all realize what a tremendous opportunity we have. However, is our preparation going to change based on how many people are supporting us on the forum? Absolutely not. I guess it's just a difference in opinions...I don't think it's all that important for us to create a bright banner for people to put in their sig files, a simple line like "Team Paradise supporter" would be just fine. Anyways, sorry if my wording in prior posts offended anyone, that was not my intent at all. Hope that all of you enjoyed my video a little earlier today and had fun putting a face with my screenname.

Hey look Chunky...someone you may actually be taller than.

I doubt it. Yet I will still kick your ass all over the course

On a golf related note, I have my second round match for my club's season long match play event tomorrow. I'm playing against the defending champion and we're playing straight up so I'm excited for a good match. He's a good player and a tough competitor, but I haven't felt so confident in my equipment (Callaway Razr X Forged irons and Odyssey Black Series Tour #2 putter) in a long time so I hope that helps if the match goes the distance!

On a golf related note, I have my second round match for my club's season long match play event tomorrow. I'm playing against the defending champion and we're playing straight up so I'm excited for a good match. He's a good player and a tough competitor, but I haven't felt so confident in my equipment (Callaway Razr X Forged irons and Odyssey Black Series Tour #2 putter) in a long time so I hope that helps if the match goes the distance!

Good luck AHA! Is the season long event a cumulative type of thing where you have standings with wins and losses, or is it a single elimination event? If it is single elimination (aka bracket), that's pretty rough to play the defending champion this early in the year! It may be a silly question, but not belonging to a club, I've wondered how those types of events are structured. My dad plays in one at his club, and it's a 5-round thing with 1 match per weekend in a single elimination format.

Good luck Andy. I will be rooting for you from a far.

I would also like to make a statement: I appreciate it when anyone makes a video, Hacker or not. My video was suppose to be fun, clearly it wasn't. I won't do it again. It's also become very clear that some guys are in this for the absolute wrong reasons. Yep, it's a competition, but it was only possible b/c of THP and their relationships they've developed. This is about growth. This is about a true first! We should all be proud to be a part of it, whether we're a participant or not.

Biggsy, I'm sorry if I was rude. I was seriously taken aback by your reaction to the video. I just didn't expect it. It's my fault for throwing a video of my kid up on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back