The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you got out there today as well. I can't think of a better time to get seasons underway, right on the eve of the Masters.

Fantastic!!! Have a great time out there tomorrow buddy. That's stunning.

Thanks man, the course you're playing looks amazing. I looked at the cost too and I can't believe how cheap golf is there.

dang i was supposed to play friday, sat, sun - but weather is dealing me crap. Good news - dealership called and i can come get the car tomorrow! so thats awesome. finally - waited forever for the new one! road trip here i come!

Sunday is supposed to be nice - as is monday- so ill make it up.

Cant wait to start learning a new putter too - i have a great feeling about this one. It was magical!

dang i was supposed to play friday, sat, sun - but weather is dealing me crap. Good news - dealership called and i can come get the car tomorrow! so thats awesome. finally - waited forever for the new one! road trip here i come!

Sunday is supposed to be nice - as is monday- so ill make it up.

Cant wait to start learning a new putter too - i have a great feeling about this one. It was magical!

CG, see my ohio post about getting some people together, ur not far from here at all

Holy trees you guys!!!!!! Lol. I've seen those in Florida once haha. CB and TC hope you hit em well guys.

I just got back from my PGA SS putter bonanza. They had all the Black Series Tour Designs minus the 2-Ball Blade. All the DART models as well. I must say, I was set on the Backstryke the other day but had a feeling I needed to make sure nothing in the Black Series line caught my putting stroke. I took the Black Series Tour Design #5 out for a spin because I figured I already knew how a blade performs and the #5 is a shape I'm really comfortable with. What an awesome feeling putter. Now it's not soft insert like but had a real nice firm roll and I felt a lot of distance control. I drained 10 5 foot putts in a row. Automatic. But as the night wore on my pull miss came up. I'll close the face or just make a bad stroke. Kinda the reason I benched my XG 330. They also sat more upright than The DARTS, just felt odd on bad strokes. I was almost set but once the miss came up I realized maybe not the best putter or maybe it is. BUt since I couldnt play around with the lie angle I was kinda stuck with a guess. They wouldnt do the putter fitting (the guy helping had no clue but the first one did.. just not worth getting into any tiff at that point) so I had no idea if a different lie would've been any different on misses. But I just got to thinking, it wont solve a bad stroke. What if I adjusted and hurt my "good" strokes. Basically once I went down that path I realized it was getting way to complicated. Fantastic putter though. I was blown away by the performance. Put a great roll and was so easy to control distance wise. I didn't putt with the #2 because I kinda figured I knew what to expect with a blade as I've been playing one for awhile. I know what I do when I get tired and what not. Wasn't too concerned because if I went Black Series Tour the #5 or Two Ball balde would've been my choice.

The DART's! I still couldnt figure out the Blade DART. So hard to get a good feel for it. When I managed to get set up right it was money. I guess when I got tired (yes you can get tired putting) the misses with this were pulls as well. The putter sat upright to me much like the #5. The White Ice insert is fantastic though. I pulled out the trust Backstryke. Nailed a bunch of putts. However as the night wore on I just could not get comfortable after I got uncomfortable. Great putter but when I set up it just doesnt sit right with my set up at times. Maybe I need to change it one day but I'm not gonna do anything drastic anytime soon. Now onto the DART Mallet. BINGO. While in the early going the #5 had my attention this one never failed me. I found no matter how I took the putter back (straight or a little arc) it was so easy to square if I got off track and put through the ball. The alignment aid is just money. Even I as got tired my stroke was easy to control and the alignment aid is something that just clicked. What I found with the DART line is there is something for everyone. Much like the Black Series Tour.

Needless to say I was pretty stumped. But my gut was saying go with the Mallet DART. Even if I got the specs from a fitting on a Black Series #5 not being able to hit it would be tough to do. Putters I have to putt with. The DART Mallet and I didnt click at first but once I got used to a mallet, wow. I can press forward, do what ever. I'm stoked. Ill be sending my email off soon. It was a long night but well worth it. I've been hitting the Odyssey putters for awhile with a big focus once I found out Callaway was my sponsor. Sorry for the long winded post! Just so d@mn excited!

Great stuff Yoccos, you must have been there forever from the sounds of it. Glad you found your putter, I have to say I'm shocked at how much love Dart line is getting.

Thanks man. I was there quite a while. I kept rotating putters in and out. It was exhausting lol. After reading about lie angle it was weighing on mind. The DART Mallet set up so much better than the others initially. Sat flat on the surface and was just easy to set up to. I'm still a little unsure but I'm sure Ill forget about it once I get this one dailed in.

I was really loving the Black Series but in the end the fact the DART was still going strong and just never seemed to stop making putts haha. The alignment aid is fantastic and if anyone stuggles with alignment, this line might be the ticket. It eliminated alot of extra thoughts for sure.

Great stuff Yoccos, you must have been there forever from the sounds of it. Glad you found your putter, I have to say I'm shocked at how much love Dart line is getting.

Funniest part is I'm looking at specs and they all have the same lie angle lol. Its all in my head probably haha.

Funniest part is I'm looking at specs and they all have the same lie angle lol. Its all in my head probably haha.

That is funny, its strange how much shape can affect the way we feel about a putter.

Haha, just thinking the same thing man. I also don't want to sound like the PGA SS wasn't helpful. They were awesome really when it came down to talking about the putters and their features. I had a blast.

That is funny, its strange how much shape can affect the way we feel about a putter.

Thanks man. It was so much fun to go through but Im mentally drained in a good way lol.

Glad you had so much fun Yoccos and you are so excited about getting your bag set up

i know so much of this game is in my head. i need a mental block pill! i rolled those darts too - just too much putter for me. love the feel of the odyssey black nine though

i know so much of this game is in my head. i need a mental block pill! i rolled those darts too - just too much putter for me. love the feel of the odyssey black nine though

There's a plant for that.

Tapalatalking from Tiger 12

Holy trees you guys!!!!!! Lol. I've seen those in Florida once haha. CB and TC hope you hit em well guys.

I just got back from my PGA SS putter bonanza. They had all the Black Series Tour Designs minus the 2-Ball Blade. All the DART models as well. I must say, I was set on the Backstryke the other day but had a feeling I needed to make sure nothing in the Black Series line caught my putting stroke. I took the Black Series Tour Design #5 out for a spin because I figured I already knew how a blade performs and the #5 is a shape I'm really comfortable with. What an awesome feeling putter. Now it's not soft insert like but had a real nice firm roll and I felt a lot of distance control. I drained 10 5 foot putts in a row. Automatic. But as the night wore on my pull miss came up. I'll close the face or just make a bad stroke. Kinda the reason I benched my XG 330. They also sat more upright than The DARTS, just felt odd on bad strokes. I was almost set but once the miss came up I realized maybe not the best putter or maybe it is. BUt since I couldnt play around with the lie angle I was kinda stuck with a guess. They wouldnt do the putter fitting (the guy helping had no clue but the first one did.. just not worth getting into any tiff at that point) so I had no idea if a different lie would've been any different on misses. But I just got to thinking, it wont solve a bad stroke. What if I adjusted and hurt my "good" strokes. Basically once I went down that path I realized it was getting way to complicated. Fantastic putter though. I was blown away by the performance. Put a great roll and was so easy to control distance wise. I didn't putt with the #2 because I kinda figured I knew what to expect with a blade as I've been playing one for awhile. I know what I do when I get tired and what not. Wasn't too concerned because if I went Black Series Tour the #5 or Two Ball balde would've been my choice.

The DART's! I still couldnt figure out the Blade DART. So hard to get a good feel for it. When I managed to get set up right it was money. I guess when I got tired (yes you can get tired putting) the misses with this were pulls as well. The putter sat upright to me much like the #5. The White Ice insert is fantastic though. I pulled out the trust Backstryke. Nailed a bunch of putts. However as the night wore on I just could not get comfortable after I got uncomfortable. Great putter but when I set up it just doesnt sit right with my set up at times. Maybe I need to change it one day but I'm not gonna do anything drastic anytime soon. Now onto the DART Mallet. BINGO. While in the early going the #5 had my attention this one never failed me. I found no matter how I took the putter back (straight or a little arc) it was so easy to square if I got off track and put through the ball. The alignment aid is just money. Even I as got tired my stroke was easy to control and the alignment aid is something that just clicked. What I found with the DART line is there is something for everyone. Much like the Black Series Tour.

Needless to say I was pretty stumped. But my gut was saying go with the Mallet DART. Even if I got the specs from a fitting on a Black Series #5 not being able to hit it would be tough to do. Putters I have to putt with. The DART Mallet and I didnt click at first but once I got used to a mallet, wow. I can press forward, do what ever. I'm stoked. Ill be sending my email off soon. It was a long night but well worth it. I've been hitting the Odyssey putters for awhile with a big focus once I found out Callaway was my sponsor. Sorry for the long winded post! Just so d@mn excited!

Great stuff Yoccos! Glad you had more time to get out there and roll more putters. Of the DART putters, the mallet was my favorite. I can't wait till you get that putter in and we see you posting in that "break 85" thread that you accomplished it with the DART. That will give you all the confidence in the world leading up to the Morgan Cup when you and I roll over on AD and OEM(per AD's request of course)!

Great stuff Yoccos! Glad you had more time to get out there and roll more putters. Of the DART putters, the mallet was my favorite. I can't wait till you get that putter in and we see you posting in that "break 85" thread that you accomplished it with the DART.

You know, it very well could do the trick as well. I've been thinking a lot about the addition of a mallet putter to my bag, as I always just wrote them off in the past. Who knows? What if it does do the trick? I'm telling you, if you miss a putt from inside 6 feet with that thing, it was purely a miss read.

You know, it very well could do the trick as well. I've been thinking a lot about the addition of a mallet putter to my bag, as I always just wrote them off in the past. Who knows? What if it does do the trick? I'm telling you, if you miss a putt from inside 6 feet with that thing, it was purely a miss read.

I really considered the dart. I have gone from the PING CrazE-C, to the Corza Ghost, to the Method 003 in the past few years. I really liked the DART Mallet, I just had better speed control with the Tour Black #9. I'm excited for everyone to get their putters so we find out if we all made the right choice

I keep checking back on this thread, maybe just for some sort of sick need to make myself feel jealous every day! :wink:

Loving the time and care spent by each of you guys on the detail of the picks. You're already doing your OEMs proud with this, and the write ups are awesome! I really appreciate (and sympathise) reading through all the thought processes!

I really considered the dart. I have gone from the PING CrazE-C, to the Corza Ghost, to the Method 003 in the past few years. I really liked the DART Mallet, I just had better speed control with the Tour Black #9. I'm excited for everyone to get their putters so we find out if we all made the right choice

Funny story: I met my brother for golf on Tuesday. I decided to put my White Ice #9 back in the bag, just to start getting acclimated with the insert again, and I had one of the best putting days I can remember. It was almost annoying. I sent my request in for the DART that morning and immediately began to second guess myself. I do love the insert though, as I've always preferred Odyssey's to others. I sure hope I made the right choice man, not much I can do about it now.

I keep checking back on this thread, maybe just for some sort of sick need to make myself feel jealous every day! :wink:

Loving the time and care spent by each of you guys on the detail of the picks. You're already doing your OEMs proud with this, and the write ups are awesome! I really appreciate (and sympathise) reading through all the thought processes!

Perhaps one day you can make it over here buddy. I'd love to meet you for sure.

With the amount of awesome outings and events being organised by THP, it's just a matter of time. I'd love to meet you, all the rest of the guys, and take part in something this huge!

Once I get this pesky wedding out of the way! :D

Actually....I haven't booked a honeymoon yet.....

Good write up on the putter testing Yoc, we're going to be DART mallet brothers from now on! As TC said, if you miss a putt inside of 6 feet (even 10) with the DART putters it simply was a miss read, plain and simple. Those things are money putters and I am very excited to get mine in and get started with it.

Good write up on the putter testing Yoc, we're going to be DART mallet brothers from now on! As TC said, if you miss a putt inside of 6 feet (even 10) with the DART putters it simply was a miss read, plain and simple. Those things are money putters and I am very excited to get mine in and get started with it.

Looks like Team Paradise has 2 DART putters and 2 Tour Blacks. I'm sure Callaway will be pleased with that kind of representation. I think Team Hackers has the same 2 and 2, but I am not 100% positive on that.

I love all of the work you guys put into choosing your equipment and representing your OEM. I can't wait until these putters start to be delivered and unboxed.

I know it will definitely help DDec. There was just a really comfortable feeling with that putter in hand especially once I started to get a little worn. The Black Series is sure nice and I know down the road Ill have one in hand. But the DART just felt great.

Great stuff Yoccos! Glad you had more time to get out there and roll more putters. Of the DART putters, the mallet was my favorite. I can't wait till you get that putter in and we see you posting in that "break 85" thread that you accomplished it with the DART. That will give you all the confidence in the world leading up to the Morgan Cup when you and I roll over on AD and OEM(per AD's request of course)!

It's so hard to miss and when you use the alignment aid properly, it definitely goes where you point it.

I know what you mean. But like you had told me, just have fun with it. The putter you chose found you. The #9 gave you a good day but I think eventually, all the reasons you left it will probably creep back. So I guess what I'm saying is, you'll be all good.

Funny story: I met my brother for golf on Tuesday. I decided to put my White Ice #9 back in the bag, just to start getting acclimated with the insert again, and I had one of the best putting days I can remember. It was almost annoying. I sent my request in for the DART that morning and immediately began to second guess myself. I do love the insert though, as I've always preferred Odyssey's to others. I sure hope I made the right choice man, not much I can do about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back