Haha, there were no good old days, that’s why I didn’t write that!

Always a niche club, but I thought the convo could be pretty fun!

And, I love them. 🤣
As far as niche clubs, what goes in your bag first: a mini driver, or a chipper?

As far as niche clubs, what goes in your bag first: a mini driver, or a chipper?
Mini driver all day. I know how to chip. Hahaha

Are we really CONTINUING to see less than though? It’s not like mini’s are selling by the thousands and thousands. I’d actually bet the number is WAAAAAY smaller than people think, similar to how many blade sets actually sell. What do you think @JB ?
It has to be enough to justify Titleist and PXG getting into the mini driver market.

It has to be enough to justify Titleist and PXG getting into the mini driver market.
Are they though? Right now, they’re Tour heads, not general release heads.

And again, even if they DO release, and I hope they do, they’ll make and sell FAR less than you think.

Seems the best thing about a mini driver is….

When you out drive your partners…. You did so with a mini driver!

When you get out driven by your partners…. It was because you are using a mini driver!

Seems like a win win….

Seems the best thing about a mini driver is….

When you out drive your partners…. You did so with a mini driver!

When you get out driven by your partners…. It was because you are using a mini driver!

Seems like a win win….
I mean, same can be said about a 3W 🤣

I mean, same can be said about a 3W 🤣
I wish that didnt happen so frequently when I played with Wardy a few months ago.

I wish that didnt happen so frequently when I played with Wardy a few months ago.
I like hitting UW past peoples drivers, that really gets them into their feels haha

• Haha
Reactions: MH
Are we currently seeing a REAL resurgence of the Mini Driver? Or, is it all just another quick phase?

Yes, TMaG has continued to release one, but even then it is definitely a niche club. But, with pictures of Titleist, Callaway, and PXG versions floating about, could we be seeing a bit of a longer renaissance of the sub 400cc mini if ANY of those were to come to general release?
I am here for it!

The mini driver is not going away.
It’s all R&D for the next rollback target.
TM will be way ahead of the curve with all the data they are building in the market. They will be the ride and true when it happens.

The mini driver is not going away.
It’s all R&D for the next rollback target.
TM will be way ahead of the curve with all the data they are building in the market. They will be the ride and true when it happens.
I’d take this bet, if it were a bet.

Are we really CONTINUING to see less than though? It’s not like mini’s are selling by the thousands and thousands. I’d actually bet the number is WAAAAAY smaller than people think, similar to how many blade sets actually sell. What do you think @JB ?
It’s pretty niche. In my opinion it’s less about the size people fall in love with and more about it being short and adding some loft. Something i’m pretty familiar with and have been doing for a decade plus. But what do I know.

Mini driver vs oversized hybrid (super hybrid). I think they can help certain people but not for everyone.

As much as I love my Burner Mini, it has been pulled to make room for a 64⁰ lob wedge.

I like hitting UW past peoples drivers, that really gets them into their feels haha
Next time we play, if you pull UW, I am pulling UW just to spite you so you cant outdrive my driver.

Tongue Nana GIF by Tommy Toskonaut

Next time we play, if you pull UW, I am pulling UW just to spite you so you cant outdrive my driver.

Tongue Nana GIF by Tommy Toskonaut
I’ll hit 5 iron. Hahaha

it will be a cold day in hell before i ever play a mini-driver....i'm a traditionalist which is why i only play 460cc heads

it will be a cold day in hell before i ever play a mini-driver....i'm a traditionalist which is why i only play 460cc heads
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

I think the Callaway is coming.. even if they say it ain’t..

It not having a Tour serial gives me some slight hope.

It’ll be bigger than you want though.

Are we currently seeing a REAL resurgence of the Mini Driver? Or, is it all just another quick phase?

Yes, TMaG has continued to release one, but even then it is definitely a niche club. But, with pictures of Titleist, Callaway, and PXG versions floating about, could we be seeing a bit of a longer renaissance of the sub 400cc mini if ANY of those were to come to general release?
I don’t foresee it taking it off. I am intrigued by the Callaway’s though.

It not having a Tour serial gives me some slight hope.

It’ll be bigger than you want though.
I know. At 340 cc it won’t be my jam based on numbers. But I reserve the right to change my mind if I see it. 😂

It wouldn’t be the first. I mean they had the Phil Franken thing and the 3 Deep. All these companies have had these designs for years and continue to.

Back