The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

I don't really think so. First, he decided to be the "face" of the PGAT regarding this whole thing, and second, I don't think he spends so much time on it that it keeps him out of the gym or off the practice tee. It's not like a PGAT professional has to eat, sleep, and drink golf 24/7 to the exclusion of everything else. Besides, distractions are part of life, no matter who you are, or what you do.
Maybe but it doesn't take much to cause a mental distraction. Especially an ongoing issue you have invested in.

You have to wonder if this whole thing is distracting Rory from his game.
His sh***y putting is distracting him from his game 🤣

You have to wonder if this whole thing is distracting Rory from his game.
Pretty weak if it is.. Right now should be his time to shine.

We can't have two tours with the best players, it doesn't work, try this with the NFL and see how that works? it wouldn't.

Either LIV or the PGAT has to fold, end of story.

We can't have two tours with the best players, it doesn't work, try this with the NFL and see how that works? it wouldn't.

Either LIV or the PGAT has to fold, end of story.
Eh. LIV doesn’t need anything imo, all the pressure is now squarely on Monahan’s dumb ass.

LIV needs the PGAT, how else are they getting players if the PGAT folds?

They could also use some fans, last I checked nobody is interested, nobody is going, nobody supports them but a few of you.

They could also use some fans, last I checked nobody is interested, nobody is going, nobody supports them but a few of you.
The Rock Yawn GIF by Hobbs & Shaw Smack Talk

This is just wrong

LIV has nearly 3million social media followers in their second full year. Thats more than just "a few of us"

So everything's good then? why does Rory care? just leave things alone and let everyone enjoy the golf.

Why is this stuff a discussion anymore? just let this thread die, there's no news and no rumors.

So everything's good then? why does Rory care? just leave things alone and let everyone enjoy the golf.

Why is this stuff a discussion anymore? just let this thread die, there's no news and no rumors.
You do know you don't have to come into the thread and post right? I mean if you don't want this thread to live on then just don't read it.

I get what you are saying but we are just sharing thoughts, some good banter, a bit of ribbing and laughter.

Maybe but it doesn't take much to cause a mental distraction. Especially an ongoing issue you have invested in.
Maybe, but he's been playing tournament golf since he was a wee lad, so I don't think "distraction" can be used as an excuse. He's simply not playing up to his standards, and pretty much every Tour player struggles with his game at one time or another.

These guys that cashed in are starting to see the damage it seems.

I love the quote...too many people are losing interest. There is a lot to cut through on that quote alone.

I love the quote...too many people are losing interest. There is a lot to cut through on that quote alone.
I have watched way less golf this year than in previous years.. I just dont care any more..

I have watched way less golf this year than in previous years.. I just dont care any more..
It really hasn't impacted me this year at all. Some of that is the winter months though and subpar weekend weather. But I will say, I still have had zero interest in watching LIV, or even paying much attention to what guys like Rahm, Bryson, fill in the blank are doing. The one cavaet was interest in AK, but even that waned pretty quickly for me.

For me, I'm wondering that quote partially means that there is less interest in them. I would think going from being a highly anticipated golfer, to an afterthought (I know not the best term) most of the year outside of 4 weeks, has any kind of mental drain on some.

He may think its not sustainable but the damage is done. The only option to "fixing" the issues Rory and Rahm speak to, which for the record every one has been saying the entire time, is to merge the two tours together under the PGAT and still have LIV events and PGAT events where players can play in both. But that wont happen

He may think its not sustainable but the damage is done. The only option to "fixing" the issues Rory and Rahm speak to, which for the record every one has been saying the entire time, is to merge the two tours together under the PGAT and still have LIV events and PGAT events where players can play in both. But that wont happen
Or let them be members of both tours, and play in whichever events they want...

The team element of LIV would need to be scrapped.

Or they realize Monahan has no ground to stand on and be an ass about it all anymore.

Back