The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, gotcha, I take it then that you think the price is too steep. I paid £505 for mine direct from O2 (my contract supplier) and got Apple to unlock it for free

Yes, I think that price is far too steep for a device that is about a year old and will be replaced shortly.

IMHO that goes for all apple devices. They are too expensive on this side of the pond (Europe)

Tappin' for world peace!

hehe..
Nokia is saying that all the way to the bank right now.

They sure are... heck Nokia has been saying that for a while now. Too bad they didnt ditch that old ugly OS a long time ago. They make some good hardware. Edit, they USED to make good hardware.

They sure are... heck Nokia has been saying that for a while now. Too bad they didnt ditch that old ugly OS a long time ago. They make some good hardware. Edit, they USED to make good hardware.

You got that right. Bad OS and great hardware...They won, not the best win, but a win as usual against Apple.
These companies are all stealing and suing each other.

You got that right. Bad OS and great hardware...They won, not the best win, but a win as usual against Apple.
These companies are all stealing and suing each other.

My favorite one lately is Samgsung vs Apple. So Samsung counter sues and says they need to see the iPhone5 before its released. Wonder what the chances of that ever happening are.. its very entertaining none the less.

My favorite one lately is Samgsung vs Apple. So Samsung counter sues and says they need to see the iPhone5 before its released. Wonder what the chances of that ever happening are.. its very entertaining none the less.

I actually think its quite possible based on the suit. Apple is one of the biggest buyers of Samsung products for its chipset and made one of the biggest blunders ever with this lawsuit that most experts say is going nowhere. Now, Samsung could pull the plug on its 2nd largest customer leaving huge holes in their hardware. They could fill them elsewhere in time, but this one could get ugly.

I actually think its quite possible based on the suit. Apple is one of the biggest buyers of Samsung products for its chipset and made one of the biggest blunders ever with this lawsuit that most experts say is going nowhere. Now, Samsung could pull the plug on its 2nd largest customer leaving huge holes in their hardware. They could fill them elsewhere in time, but this one could get ugly.

Thats right the iPhones are full of Samsung parts, memory I think. What a stupid move, sue one of your major parts suppliers. Whats next? Sue LG and then the iPhone doesnt have a screen. ha

Thats right the iPhones are full of Samsung parts, memory I think. What a stupid move, sue one of your major parts suppliers. Whats next? Sue LG and then the iPhone doesnt have a screen. ha

Maybe. Apple has been doing this for years. But it has worked for them for a long time. Between them and Google, they are taking over the world.

humancentipad.png

hahahaha

Thats funny, but I think they forgot the string on the end...hehe

lmao. I'll make this very clear right now for Mr. Jobs. I dont care how much better iOS5 is if the next iPhone doesnt have at least a 4" screen Im jumping ship. And thats at a minimum.

lmao. I'll make this very clear right now for Mr. Jobs. I dont care how much better iOS5 is if the next iPhone doesnt have at least a 4" screen Im jumping ship. And thats at a minimum.

I was just talking to a buddy of mine that said the EXACT same thing. I think you will see a 4' screen though. You kind of have to right? The EVO and a few others have had that for a couple of years now. But perhaps with the major OS upgrades, they save that for the 6. I would be shocked, but it could happen. They only want to give a little each time right? hehe.

I was just talking to a buddy of mine that said the EXACT same thing. I think you will see a 4' screen though. You kind of have to right? The EVO and a few others have had that for a couple of years now. But perhaps with the major OS upgrades, they save that for the 6. I would be shocked, but it could happen. They only want to give a little each time right? hehe.

Its the proven Apple way. I just looked at a Samsung that looked just MASSIVE compared to my iPhone. The damn thing was so big my iPhone would fit inside the screen. And it was thin. If my phone broke right now Id have no trouble going to that one. But even better the Galaxy S II is right around the corner. Id be shocked too if it wasnt a 4" screen. But now that you make that point Im nervous. Hello Galaxy S II lol

Its the proven Apple way. I just looked at a Samsung that looked just MASSIVE compared to my iPhone. The damn thing was so big my iPhone would fit inside the screen. And it was thin. If my phone broke right now Id have no trouble going to that one. But even better the Galaxy S II is right around the corner. Id be shocked too if it wasnt a 4" screen. But now that you make that point Im nervous. Hello Galaxy S II lol

I freaking love the Galaxy S II, but I still prefer HTC screens and hardware. Im sitting on my EVO right now (still freaking love this phone), but pondering that EVO 3D.
Looking forward to see if Apple drops the 4" screen. You would think they have to at this point.

I freaking love the Galaxy S II, but I still prefer HTC screens and hardware. Im sitting on my EVO right now (still freaking love this phone), but pondering that EVO 3D.
Looking forward to see if Apple drops the 4" screen. You would think they have to at this point.

In the name of staying competitive you'd think so. I just dont see how they can out a new device without 4" of screen. They would be playing into every critics hand by not doing that.

In the name of staying competitive you'd think so. I just dont see how they can out a new device without 4" of screen. They would be playing into every critics hand by not doing that.

The same way they put out a device that did not have cut and paste. Or did not have MMS. Or did not have the ability to be held normally.
It works for them because of blind faith for some and for the love of the OS for others.

The same way they put out a device that did not have cut and paste. Or did not have MMS. Or did not have the ability to be held normally.
It works for them because of blind faith for some and for the love of the OS for others.

The more I think about it the more I think it wont happen. Like you said little updates here and there. So we get iOS5 next on pretty much the same hardware and then next year the new device with a bigger screen comes out.

The more I think about it the more I think it wont happen. Like you said little updates here and there. So we get iOS5 next on pretty much the same hardware and then next year the new device with a bigger screen comes out.

I hope you are wrong, just not sure. I can't imagine them not putting out a 4" screen right now.

I hope you are wrong, just not sure. I can't imagine them not putting out a 4" screen right now.

Me either. When I was looking at the Samsung with its 4.5" of screen I had a hard time going back to the 3.5"...haha lots of wrong going on there.

As part of that lawsuit settlement, Apple will pay Nokia 600 million up front and a 1% royalty on all iPhones sold each quarter as a licensing fee. At Apple’s current pace that works out to approximately $138 million each quarter, or more than $550 million annually.

For those wondering what this is about...

Nokia claimed that Apple had infringed on over 20 of their patents for mobile technologies. Apple argued that Nokia was demanding “unfair” licensing fees and didn’t want to pay more than other companies licensing the same technology. There was really never any doubt whether or not Apple "stole" the ideas or was infringing. So instead of bargaining beforehand, Apple went ahead and used the technology and figured they would settle later. They also tried to countersue for a few things that was kind of laughed out of court.

As part of that lawsuit settlement, Apple will pay Nokia 600 million up front and a 1% royalty on all iPhones sold each quarter as a licensing fee. At Apple’s current pace that works out to approximately $138 million each quarter, or more than $550 million annually.

For those wondering what this is about...

Nokia claimed that Apple had infringed on over 20 of their patents for mobile technologies. Apple argued that Nokia was demanding “unfair” licensing fees and didn’t want to pay more than other companies licensing the same technology. There was really never any doubt whether or not Apple "stole" the ideas or was infringing. So instead of bargaining beforehand, Apple went ahead and used the technology and figured they would settle later. They also tried to countersue for a few things that was kind of laughed out of court.

I am no mathmetician, but if $550 million is 1% then apple is making $55 billion annually, just on the IPhone! That is disgusting, and yes, I do have one, and so does my wife.

I am no mathmetician, but if $550 million is 1% then apple is making $55 billion annually, just on the IPhone! That is disgusting, and yes, I do have one, and so does my wife.

Yeah, I found that number a little shocking myself. Interesting legal battles going on for sure. I think most knew they would lose this one (including them), but for that much and it was agreed upon, was crazy. Then to have the Samsung battle going on....Whoa!

just in time for my upgrade, sweet!

And the fact that they can pay that without really much thought. Apple is making stupid amounts of money. Like throwing parties with $90K bottles of champagne kinda money.

And the fact that they can pay that without really much thought. Apple is making stupid amounts of money. Like throwing parties with $90K bottles of champagne kinda money.

I think they are now the #1 brand in the world surpassing google this year right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back