The Bucket Hat thread

C'mon people... forget the other narrow rims...

I mean, if you are doing a narrow rim bucket hat, at least do it right... Carl Spackler Style. I wore a couple of these around 2018-19. But needed something broad rimmed - could not do that straw brim... uh, no.

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 10.34.52 AM.png

williammurraygolf.com

Man that extra round we played had a whole lot of stuff going on didn't it :LOL:

so much fun. Cant explain how enjoyable that round was.

I always kept one in my bag in case it rained but two years ago I switched to wearing only bucket hats. My Dr. said with all the
sun damage I already had on my head and face that I had better get something that offered me more protection from the sun
while outside. I went online and found many choices. I ordered a couple of buckets from Outdoor Research and a couple of
regular golf bucket hats. I think the most comfortable ones are from Frogg Toggs. They are very lightweight and cooler to wear.

Definitely a bucket hat guy. It's easy to get over any qualms about the looks when you've had 3 MOHS surgeries the time you turned 60. I have several including the Ping green and white version sold around the Masters and a black watch plaid Vice hat.

After removal from temple and top of ear of some squamous and basal cells I went from baseball style cap to buckets from Mission, Nike, Titlist and Best Made. Just grabbed a Golden Bear one too.

Made it to Utah Scheels and had my size of the structure bill. Didn't look right on, so ordered a Tilley's airflow endurance.

Last edited:
This hat is great. Adjustable. Good coverage.
IMG_9304.jpeg

The Rhoback bucket hat just arrived at my door.

Wide brim - but firm, not floppy at all. Lite-weight material for the part that covers your hair - adjustable strap. Has a chin strap for wind but I just stuff that in the hat.

Better than I thought. Still geeky like all of them but less so

Several years ago Titleist had some of the best looking bucket hats around in various colors. I have a pink one that's great. Blocks the sun and looks good. Sadly, they don't make colored ones anymore.

Got my Shelta Condor quick. Its more silver, less white than I expected from the pictures, but still fine. Lighter is good in Florida. Hopefully can try it out soon besides just walking around the neighborhood.

Reactions: J4U
Hat came in and was in a flat package, wasn't as crumpled as I thought it would be. Need to fire up the steamer and get some of the wrinkles out. Like the better structure up top and the brim is pretty stout too.
20230531_100613.jpg20230531_100551.jpg

f-whitecamo-x.jpg
My purchase yesterday.

Played first round in my Shelta Condor and loved it. Stayed on no problem even in 10-15 mph wind with 20-30 gusts. Didn’t even have the chin strap down. Zero budge, zero brim movement. Perfect.

Highly recommend Rhoback…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
22eab6f77d1b3a7bd9f24d3186d721ba.jpg

I have a number of bucket hats and prefer them in the AZ summer. @mtbloco is envious about how large my newest one is
IMG_5148.png

Have worn the Rhoback on three occasions. Firm Rim, liteweight top. Works well.

Not enamored with the logo, but it keeps its shape (wire in the brim), liteweight, and breathable. Wash in a dishwasher because you don't want to bend the wire in a washer

I've had two Moh's surgeries - you look like hell for a couple of weeks, takes about 6 months for scars to go away but only if you use scar cream religiously.

Wear the brim when you can.

View attachment 9182075
Had MOHS for a melanoma on my nose. To reduce scarring they “sanded” my nose after a month to minimize scarring. That was worse than the MOHS but worked pretty good. Also had it done for basal cell on my cheek. Bucket hats and arm sleeves for me.

I used to never wear bucket hats because I hated the way they looked. But at 65 I need to be more concerned with protecting my skin from the hot sun, so I have gone all in. Now I mostly wear them. Still think the floppy ones look like hell, but that’s not the point right? Protection.

008abd51e4968d9a989ec5e79a1b70ff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sweat, a lot.
I need a light weight wicking bucket hat.

Back