The Barclays - FedEx Cup [spoilers]

Boy, they are going low again. Are we going to see a 61, 60 or maybe even a 59 again!!!

i think my guess of 9 under isn't going to be good for a top 5.

Gay had a par. 3rd shot spun off the green and almost in the bunker. He got up and in from there.

Sorry about that, wasn't following the live coverage all that closely, thought the guy said Gay made birdie.

Hilarious Tweet just now from Doug Ferguson, the Associated Press golf writer (@dougferguson405), who is on the course following Tiger:
First time all year that if you lose the flight of Tiger's ball against the sky, you can look at the pin and expect it to land nearby.

Sorry about that, wasn't following the live coverage all that closely, thought the guy said Gay made birdie.
You have to mute those guys, they come across as guys that like to hit the bottle first thing in the morning, because they never get anything right.

I can't stand Craig Perks stroking every Aussie that comes through like he is Jack Nicklaus.

There is a reason they do Live@, they aren't very good.

Ryan Palmer with a 28 on the front.

1.25 putts per GIR and average to pin is 22'7" and he's only hitting 43% of the fairways.

I can only follow him by this website and shot tracker, but Tiger's iron game looks sharp. Missed a 9 foot birdie on 15, just hit one to 11 feet on 16 for a birdie. 92 driving acc and 87 GIR

Ryan Palmer with a 28 on the front.

1.25 putts per GIR and average to pin is 22'7" and he's only hitting 43% of the fairways.

hit it in the bunker on number 10, made double bogey back to -5

I can only follow him by this website and shot tracker, but Tiger's iron game looks sharp. Missed a 9 foot birdie on 15, just hit one to 4 feet on 16 for a birdie. 92 driving acc and 87 GIR

that's more like it....let's hope he can maintain that over the next couple of days.

so glad he's in my foursome!!! i still want phil to come out guns blazin' though.

anybody know what putter Brian Gay is using?

Bettinardi

I can only follow him by this website and shot tracker, but Tiger's iron game looks sharp. Missed a 9 foot birdie on 15, just hit one to 4 feet on 16 for a birdie. 92 driving acc and 87 GIR

I agree he is playing better. But you have to look at the comparison with the rest of the field. Everybody seems to be playing well right now.

Another thing about the scores today: guys are playing left, clean, and place. It makes it easier for these guys when they play it that way, and with the soft greens as well.

Another thing about the scores today: guys are playing left, clean, and place. It makes it easier for these guys when they play it that way, and with the soft greens as well.

i don't have a problem with this rule at all, especially if it's that wet. no one should be penalized for hitting a fairway imo.

I agree he is playing better. But you have to look at the comparison with the rest of the field. Everybody seems to be playing well right now.

30 of 59 players out there are even par or better.

30 of 59 players out there are even par or better.

That is true...But guys are going low. Its too early to say hes back. Look at the US Open. Look at the beginning of the PGA. I will wait to see how it plays out.

That is true...But guys are going low. Its too early to say hes back. Look at the US Open. Look at the beginning of the PGA. I will wait to see how it plays out.

yeah no I wasn't saying he's back. I was just putting the scores in reference to par for people who aren't following the leaderboard.

You said everybody seems to be playing well, and to go off of that I added how many players are par or better at the moment. Just adding numbers to your quote.

The afternoon rounds will have a little tougher time as these greens dry out.

tiger 7 footer to end the round at -6

Tiger Tiger Woods y'all!

I hope he keeps it up, golf to me is a lot more interesting and fun to watch when he's playing well.

made the putt....-6 round for TW. 7 birdies, 1 bogey

93 FIR
83 GIR
27 Putts

I'd love if PGATour.com would stream Tiger's post-round press conference online, even if it's not that interesting. I would expect Tiger's GIR stats to be better with the soft conditions, but 23 putts is REALLY good and shows that he's hitting his iron shots close to the hole. There were some rounds earlier this year where his ball-striking was pretty good and his putting was awful, so 23 putts is a good sign for him.

I'd love if PGATour.com would stream Tiger's post-round press conference online, even if it's not that interesting. I would expect Tiger's GIR stats to be better with the soft conditions, but 23 putts is REALLY good and shows that he's hitting his iron shots close to the hole. There were some rounds earlier this year where his ball-striking was pretty good and his putting was awful, so 23 putts is a good sign for him.

I think he only missed 3 greens. Putting was pretty good, hopefully it lasts all weekend.

I made a mistake on a stat above....27 putts for the round. I will fix it.

way to go tigger! 6 under is a very solid start. now if the rest of my foursome steps up, i like where i'm at right now (this is day 1 of course)

PGA tweeted:

Tiger Woods in with a 6-under round of 71 that included just one bogey. At -6, Woods leads Palmer, Gay @ Taylor by a shot. #pgatour

I think they might have made a mistake there....

Back