EXPERIENCE The 2024 Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

THPers are awesome. @mikeg_74 , who I haven’t met in person yet, sent me this awesome Victory Cup Mizuno hat which goes immediately in the rotation. He also threw something else in the box that I will post in another thread. Awesome guy and so grateful to be part of this community.
IMG_9536.jpeg

THPers are awesome. @mikeg_74 , who I haven’t met in person yet, sent me this awesome Victory Cup Mizuno hat which goes immediately in the rotation. He also threw something else in the box that I will post in another thread. Awesome guy and so grateful to be part of this community.
View attachment 9259613
Oh that is awesome 🔥🔥🔥

View attachment 9259613

Stopped at the turn to grab a few drinks and someone had a Victory Cup hat on. He had no clue what it even was. Were these hats available to buy?

View attachment 9259613
That is so awesome! Love this!

Stopped at the turn to grab a few drinks and someone had a Victory Cup hat on. He had no clue what it even was. Were these hats available to buy?
Worldwide Golf doesn’t have any available right now, but I think you can find one.

I've seen them in shops, threw me off the first time. They're on the Mizuno site too.

Mizuno demo day at my home course on 5/23 :) :mizuno:

I look forward to following this one. Chris Voshall is my one my favorite OEM folks to watch on YT. His passion for the product and the way he explains things in a simple digestible way is top notch.

I look forward to following this one. Chris Voshall is my one my favorite OEM folks to watch on YT. His passion for the product and the way he explains things in a simple digestible way is top notch.
I couldn't agree more. Vosh and Vrska videos are the best. They are able to break it down to where I can mostly comprehend.

Since it was mentioned in another thread, I will just say it here.
No, you will not be playing Vokey wedges at this experience.
And you will be playing a Mizuno golf ball.

Awesome! I saw an earlier post about 9 clubs and was wondering what end of the bag would be part of the madness.

Figured most getting into this would lean Mizuno, but since that didnt seem to be the case, I wanted to put it out there.

I need to get some Mizuno balls and test them out this summer. From the little reading I have already done the The Tour X seems closest to the BX I currently play and the Tour doesn't seem to far off either.

Awesome! I saw an earlier post about 9 clubs and was wondering what end of the bag would be part of the madness.

I haven't seen anything about our experience. Just looking forward to hearing more from @JB or @GolferGal when that time comes.

Figured most getting into this would lean Mizuno, but since that didnt seem to be the case, I wanted to put it out there.

Thank you for the heads up.

I need to get some Mizuno balls and test them out this summer. From the little reading I have already done the The Tour X seems closest to the BX I currently play and the Tour doesn't seem to far off either.

I haven't seen anything about our experience. Just looking forward to hearing more from @JB or @GolferGal when that time comes.

Thank you for the heads up.
I just used the last of the balls I got at last years Victory Cup. I can say that the performance with them was great and so much better than the previous version. I still have a stash of Z-stars that I got on sale last year that I need to work through but I wouldn't hesitate to buy more Mizuno balls to play. It was nice being the only person playing them so it was easy to identify my ball.

Plenty of time to sharpen your games over summer. What are folks plan?

ted-ed practice GIF

Started a thread where I’m going to post all my comp rounds over the summer as well as some updates on my practice and anything Mizuno I am testing (new 3 wood on the way and the ball to try!). Obviously will throw those in the proper thread too!

Just got a GC3 launch monitor so excited to get some hard data whenever I need it! I know times gonna fly by!

Also seems like I should start practicing high bunker shots

And a slush fund has begun for pro shop spending

According to my instructor the best thing for me to do is fixing my mental game and reluctance to follow good course management. So a lot of purposeful course time is in my future. I’ll probably spend more time than usual at my course’s short game area for some bunker and chipping practice too. But most importantly is looking at a pic of my strokes gained for the past 3 years to remind myself I’m on the right track and to keep grinding. It’s out of date but here’s the pic I’m gonna use.

Image.jpeg

I really liked the Tour and X balls that were given. I would probably give the edge to the tour for me. Both very playable.

I just might set a personal record of rounds played. I will put in the work this season and can’t wait to get rolling.

Have the participants been out hitting Mizuno gear since being selected a few weeks back?

Have the participants been out hitting Mizuno gear since being selected a few weeks back?
Have a mizuno driver on the way. Haven't had a chance to test the irons yet, but it's on the docket. I'm really curious which equipment will be available for the event. Assuming it's the JPX line, the 923 was split up into two seperate releases, so I wonder if that will be the case again.

Back