EXPERIENCE The 2024 Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

Have the participants been out hitting Mizuno gear since being selected a few weeks back?
Been testing the RB Tour X (link in my sig for review so far)

And have an ST-G 3 wood on the way! Excited to test that. It was a monster in the bay

Have the participants been out hitting Mizuno gear since being selected a few weeks back?
Want to try out irons in store a couple times leading up to get a feel for what will be the right fit!

Want to try out irons in store a couple times leading up to get a feel for what will be the right fit!
Definitely on the to-do list!

Have a mizuno driver on the way. Haven't had a chance to test the irons yet, but it's on the docket. I'm really curious which equipment will be available for the event. Assuming it's the JPX line, the 923 was split up into two seperate releases, so I wonder if that will be the case again.

What driver do you have on the way?

Any in particular?

Definitely on the to-do list!

Any particular iron?

Any in particular?

Any particular iron?
I'm assuming this is going to line up with the JPX line, and I'm really in between forged and tour. I love the look of the tour and I think I can handle them as a player, but as someone who has worked their way backwards from blades, to small cavity backs to now the Callaway Apex, I might need a little more forgiveness from the Forged. But truth time: I'm in love with the tour and as long as I can handle the 4-5 iron consistently then that's they way I would go. I feel comfortable after the 6 iron in the smaller head so maybe I could even explore splitting them, but there might be a really wide gap that would be tough to cover even with bending.

I'm assuming this is going to line up with the JPX line, and I'm really in between forged and tour. I love the look of the tour and I think I can handle them as a player, but as someone who has worked their way backwards from blades, to small cavity backs to now the Callaway Apex, I might need a little more forgiveness from the Forged. But truth time: I'm in love with the tour and as long as I can handle the 4-5 iron consistently then that's they way I would go. I feel comfortable after the 6 iron in the smaller head so maybe I could even explore splitting them, but there might be a really wide gap that would be tough to cover even with bending.
I like it! Solid line of thinking there. Have you hit any of the new 24X line?

Any particular iron?
Assuming a new release ahead of time but JPX923 Hot Metal and Hot Metal Pro for sure. Will likely take a look at the 245 Pro as well for the fun of it.

Assuming a new release ahead of time but JPX923 Hot Metal and Hot Metal Pro for sure. Will likely take a look at the 245 Pro as well for the fun of it.
245's are gorgeous!! I never hit the HM or HMP's but I know several THPers sware by them. Super excited to see what all you guys get to put into play and review.

@jlew When I can swing again, I will be testing out this new set of 245 with my custom green and gold shafts.
I cant speak to new equipment, but if everything were to stay the same as years past, this would be HM and HMP and I played the last HMP for nearly 2 years.

245's are gorgeous!! I never hit the HM or HMP's but I know several THPers sware by them. Super excited to see what all you guys get to put into play and review.
100%! Some of the best looking irons out there with some tech. I could definitely benefit from the added help of the HM line... but we don't always make the rational decision do we? Excited to get around to sharing my thoughts when the time comes!

I like it! Solid line of thinking there. Have you hit any of the new 24X line?
I've gotten to hit those once, and they are freakin beautiful. If I went that direction I'd be hard pressed to not split it, or even do all 3 in a split set.

@jlew When I can swing again, I will be testing out this new set of 245 with my custom green and gold shafts.
I cant speak to new equipment, but if everything were to stay the same as years past, this would be HM and HMP and I played the last HMP for nearly 2 years.
HMP is such a good iron

If memory serves the HM/HMP was what you had in play last year at Vic right? Those 245's you have are unreal!! Such a good job on the custom shafts!!

100%! Some of the best looking irons out there with some tech. I could definitely benefit from the added help of the HM line... but we don't always make the rational decision do we? Excited to get around to sharing my thoughts when the time comes!
Hahahaha- very true on the "rational decision" side of things. I can say that the 225's have been remarkably easy to hit. They are super forgiving and the sound is amazing!!

Any in particular?

Any particular iron?
I have the new ST Max on the way. Going to put it through its paces. I don't expect it to be as long as my TSR, but hoping the added forgiveness puts me in the short grass a bit more often.

I have the new ST Max on the way. Going to put it through its paces. I don't expect it to be as long as my TSR, but hoping the added forgiveness puts me in the short grass a bit more often.
That's awesome! I've had success with the ST line for certain. (ST-G that I got as apart of the VC last year has been $$ for me) as well as the ST-Z that I snagged prior to the experience.

I never asked, but curious why there was such a staggering in the release. You had the STZ and X release, then the STG and now the ST Max. I vaguely remember Vosh saying they released when they were ready, but I could bet totally off base there.

That's awesome! I've had success with the ST line for certain. (ST-G that I got as apart of the VC last year has been $$ for me) as well as the ST-Z that I snagged prior to the experience.

I never asked, but curious why there was such a staggering in the release. You had the STZ and X release, then the STG and now the ST Max. I vaguely remember Vosh saying they released when they were ready, but I could bet totally off base there.
I think they were getting watered down with so many releases year after year and they've split them to go to a two year cycle.

Well this thread got popping today! Love it!

And I’ll concur with others, if we see a new HMP come out it will be on the list to try this fall

If memory serves the HM/HMP was what you had in play last year at Vic right? Those 245's you have are unreal!! Such a good job on the custom shafts!!
Yes sir. 5-GW of HMP with Recoil Dart F4s.

Plenty of time to sharpen your games over summer. What are folks plan?

Learn how to golf LOL. In all honesty I was going to get lessons this winter, but broke my wrist and had surgery the beginning of December. So I didn't get to enjoy my BLP until the middle of march. I plan to do something to fix my over the top swing this year.

Also seems like I should start practicing high bunker shots

And a slush fund has begun for pro shop spending

Started saving up for the pro shop as well.

I am going fairway wood shopping this weekend so Mizuno will be on the list. I currently play 921 forged irons and have played the S series wedges in the past.

I haven’t really hit anything but should be getting a Mizuno ST-Z 230 5W delivered tomorrow. I bought it blind. I’m getting fit for a 3W because it needs to be a club with staying power that meets a specific goal. I’ve been playing the RB Tour X ball for a few weeks. It’s beginning to feel comfortable already.

I’m considering stealing my son’s 223 irons for a month or so. I’m also gonna course test his OMOI 1 putter. I’ll need to alter the weights but he’s given me the green light. ES21 wedges need to be cleaned and have my ShotScope sensors installed but they’re going in the bag this weekend.

I am going fairway wood shopping this weekend so Mizuno will be on the list. I currently play 921 forged irons and have played the S series wedges in the past.
STG fairways have been deadly weapons for me early in the season. It's saved my tail on multiple occasions from all sorts of precarious situations.

I know that @That post has talked about his love for the STG as well.

STG fairways have been deadly weapons for me early in the season. It's saved my tail on multiple occasions from all sorts of precarious situations.

I know that @That post has talked about his love for the STG as well.
@That post was part of the inspiration for me to try it and the data proved itself

Nothing new yet - - I do have the 919Forged in the bag already, and had the 900Forged before that. My calendar frees up in a few weeks and will be able to peruse and test a little more.

I hit a buddys Mizuno Pro 245 7i the other week and man did it feel good.

Back