EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Finalized my bag this morning. After the fitting there wasn’t much to think about. Some minor tweaks just because of what is available to us and some really small wedge changes to what I’m comfortable with.

Darkspeed X 10.5*, UST Lin-Q Blue 6F3, Crossline black undersized, Tour

Darkspeed Max- 3w, UST Lin-Q Blue 6F3, Crossline undersized, -1”

Darkspeed Max - 7w, UST Lin-Q Blue 7F3, Crossline undersized, -1/2”

Darkspeed hybrid - 5h & 6h, MMT 70, Crossline undersized, Std length

Darkspeed VL - 7-G, KBS TGI 85, Crossline undersized, -1/2”, Std lie

Snakebite X, 50, Catalyst 80, Crossline undersized, -3/4, 2 flat

Snakebite raw, 54 & 58 Versatile, DG 105 reg flex, Crossline undersized, -1/2”, 2 flat

Stingray-30, 33”, SuperStroke Zenergy
Got to feel good to be able to say I'm locked in and ready for order day!

So I was listening to the off course with Master Yags and the video posted earlier and it brought up a thought that I remembered someone asking him at the 2022 Morgan Cup. I must admit that it kind of has me intrigued in trying and that would be a split OL/Variable length irons set. I've never tried the OL but feel like it might be something that could help me out with the mid/long irons. I got the Aerojet 4i last summer to try. I've notice that I will hit it better if I choke down some and wonder if having a 4-7 iron at the 7i length would help me out. I like having the shorter shaft lengths in the low irons/wedges though for the control.

Anyone else ever had a though of doing this. I will say that Yags was not against this idea.

So I was listening to the off course with Master Yags and the video posted earlier and it brought up a thought that I remembered someone asking him at the 2022 Morgan Cup. I must admit that it kind of has me intrigued in trying and that would be a split OL/Variable length irons set. I've never tried the OL but feel like it might be something that could help me out with the mid/long irons. I got the Aerojet 4i last summer to try. I've notice that I will hit it better if I choke down some and wonder if having a 4-7 iron at the 7i length would help me out. I like having the shorter shaft lengths in the low irons/wedges though for the control.

Anyone else ever had a though of doing this. I will say that Yags was not against this idea.
Not in the MC but when the OL first came out I definitely thought there could be some advantage to playing the 5-7 OL and the rest variable. I struggle most with the longer irons, so this definitely makes sense if the gaps work out. Could be a fun experiment.

Tour truck looking awesome 🤌. What sort of goodies are in there 🤔

Doing a little Morgan Cup prep by playing 18, then working through the night with no sleep and now going to play another 18. I won't be the one to go to sleep at 11pm, that's for sure.

Doing a little Morgan Cup prep by playing 18, then working through the night with no sleep and now going to play another 18. I won't be the one to go to sleep at 11pm, that's for sure.
Whats wrong with going to sleep at 11pm?

I'm going to struggle keeping up with some of you guys, i'm usually not up past 10PM est. But sacrifices will need to be made.

I'm going to struggle keeping up with some of you guys, i'm usually not up past 10PM est. But sacrifices will need to be made.
Same here. I’ve been trying to stay up a little later each night in preparation 😂

Last edited:
Same here. I’ve been try to stay up a little later each night in preparation 😂
Training for a THP Experience isn’t just at the course and the range 😏

Whats wrong with going to sleep at 11pm?
I'll probably never set foot on that property again. And surely not with those people. I'm going to enjoy it all as much as I can. And sleeping at 11pm cuts into that time.

I will say, that no sleep at all is not a good option either. I was a travesty today 😂

Going to hit the LS and X again today... Just to make sure.

Same here. I’ve been try to stay up a little later each night in preparation 😂
last year everyone was in bed by 10 so.... :ROFLMAO:

last year everyone was in bed by 10 so.... :ROFLMAO:
It was the curfew on Paradise wasn’t it? 🤣
I am a rule follower. And why was that guy with sunglasses standing outside my door?

It was the curfew on Paradise wasn’t it? 🤣
I am a rule follower. And why was that guy with sunglasses standing outside my door?
I did not in fact set any curfew

You'll be on Central Time. You'll really have to sacrifice. :LOL:

I did not in fact set any curfew
Ok true. I should not make things up.
However our meals were strictly portioned and held at 40/35/25 carbs/protein/fat. 1 dessert apiece except for @checkered because he was a kiss-ass.

Price to pay for a dynasty 💪

There's not much I willingly stay up late for, but golf and hanging out with new friends makes the shortlist!

10 sounds pretty early, but whatever we need to do to continue the dynasty

Back