EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Was just explaining today to the wife that the event is Fri-Sun. So I need to be there at least Mon-Mon. You know, due to the flights and all 😂
Yes you do. We can prep in Houston 🇫🇮 👍🏼

Bag option #1

Darkspeed X 10.5* - UST Lin-Q White
Darkspeed 3HF & 7w - UST Lin-Q Blue
Women’s Darkspeed X 7w (9w) - UST Lin-Q White
Darkspeed 6h - MMT 80
Darkspeed OL 7-G - Dynamic Gold 105
Snakebite Raw 52 Classic/56 Classic/58 Widelow - Dynamic Gold S200 black
Sport 60
Possible OL sighting…
1714176857624.gif

Quick trip to the store with the kids I think solidified my bag that will be used to help dethrone the vicious dictator. The darkspeed woods are SO GOOD in hand.

Sure they do, they just call it a women’s 7w. That’s what I carry now, a women’s LTDx 7w set to 26.5*
Hell ya

Sure they do, they just call it a women’s 7w. That’s what I carry now, a women’s LTDx 7w set to 26.5*
Hawaii GIF by ION

Really fun to see the teams filled out today. I have several things in the bag right now from the current lineup and they're all great. Excited to chat about the MCers experience is with them soon

Respect that choice.

Bag #1 Selections are as follows:

Driver - Darkspeed MAX 9* with LINQ Blue (if I can get it) or LINQ Red (if I'm stuck with stock). For Max forgiveness, draw bias, as well as the most important description ... "Fairway Finder!" I need all the help I can get.

1714176969734.png

3 wood - Darkspeed MAX with LINQ Blue, all for the same reasons ... forgiveness & accuracy

1714177843614.png

Utility #2 with Fujikura Ventus Blue 80 HB (if possible)

1714177983922.png

Mixed Iron set - Forged TecX 4 & 5 iron with UST Mamiya DART 90g (if offered) otherwise Aerotech Steelfiber i95CW

1714176804843.png

Forged Tec 6 - PW

1714176567355.png

Wedges - Snakebite 48* Classic grind, 52* Versatile grind, 56* Raw Wide low grind (if offered)

1714178733523.png1714178792741.png

33" Agera RS - 30 3D Printed Putter

1714179414057.png

I'm sure I'll have to adjust things around a bit. My first thought was to mirror my existing set as much as possible, including down to the shafts.

Driver - Darkspeed MAX 9* with LINQ Blue (if I can get it) or LINQ Red (if I'm stuck with stock). For Max forgiveness, draw bias, as well as the most important description ... "Fairway Finder!" I need all the help I can get.

View attachment 9260983

3 wood - Darkspeed MAX with LINQ Blue, all for the same reasons ... forgiveness & accuracy

View attachment 9260985

View attachment 9260986

Mixed Iron set - Forged TecX 4 & 5 iron with UST Mamiya DART 90g (if offered) otherwise Aerotech Steelfiber i95CW

View attachment 9260981

Forged Tec 6 - PW

View attachment 9260980

Wedges - Snakebite 48* Classic grind, 52* Versatile grind, 56* Raw Wide low grind (if offered)

View attachment 9260989View attachment 9260990

View attachment 9260995

I'm sure I'll have to adjust things around a bit. My first thought was to mirror my existing set as much as possible, including down to the shafts.
I know this is your first bag but if you read my and @JB comments earlier we don’t do old Tec in the Morgan Cup

I know this is your first bag but if you read my and @JB comments earlier we don’t do old Tec in the Morgan Cup
Just saw that ... time to edit

View attachment 9260983

View attachment 9260985

View attachment 9260986

View attachment 9260981

Forged Tec 6 - PW

View attachment 9260980

View attachment 9260989View attachment 9260990

View attachment 9260995

The forged tech isn’t going to be available for irons since they are old tech. King Tour/CB/MB or Darkspeed.

Not sure about the utility @JB?

The forged tech isn’t going to be available for irons since they are old tech. King Tour/CB/MB or Darkspeed.

Not sure about the utility @JB?
Question .... if you go with the King Tour irons, on the website, it doesn't allow any choices in graphite other than upcharge shafts. What are the options?

Question .... if you go with the King Tour irons, on the website, it doesn't allow any choices in graphite other than upcharge shafts. What are the options?
My understanding is if there are no non-up charge shafts then graphite would not be an option in those. @jdtox? @JB?

My understanding is if there are no non-up charge shafts then graphite would not be an option in those. @jdtox? @JB?
Graphite option is tricky since most are upcharge. You can build a bag with other options but doesn’t mean it will happen. Safe bet is likely to be KBS PGI or TGI unless we find out otherwise

Graphite option is tricky since most are upcharge. You can build a bag with other options but doesn’t mean it will happen. Safe bet is likely to be KBS PGI or TGI unless we find out otherwise
That's what I was afraid of. Guess I'll have to get @DannyLe to send me another set of Darts ;)

That's what I was afraid of. Guess I'll have to get @DannyLe to send me another set of Darts ;)
Yes you can always do different shafts, grips on your own dime. OR if you can find a no upcharge option on a different current iron usually you can go with that. This event is all about the Cobra clubs

Yes you can always do different shafts, grips on your own dime. OR if you can find a no upcharge option on a different current iron usually you can go with that. This event is all about the Cobra clubs
It didn’t take long for our first ShaftGate.

Those are in a set right now, but I can say for certain, I will have something fun shaft wise to debut for the MC.
One length or variable?

Back