EXPERIENCE The 2024 GOLFTEC Experience at GrayBull

I live 10 minutes from Golftec hq. I have pto booked Monday - Wednesday. I can play a round on the 18th.

There is a top golf close to Golftec as a Friday night hangout spot if people are interested.
Oh good to know!

In a little over a week, we will have some basic itinerary times for people.

And if this is your first THP Experience we cannot urge you enough to follow the one this week

Good lord 😳

I have a feeling this is going to be a favorite of ours. Absolutely love a short par 3 with some challenge

I did some recon earlier in the week. I was able to find an article that had the anticipated opening date at the middle of August.

I’m pondering a putter fitting at GolfTEC
Was thinking about that as well!

Playing GrayBull is going to be an amazing experience. There is also the GolfTEC portion and getting better. Reading through the GrayBull thread before this event was announced there was a strong emphasis on getting better this year. So in the spirit of improving I think it would be fun to do a little self evaluation.

1. Strong part(s) of your game?
2. Weak part(s) of your game?
3. What do you most want to work on?
4. In your mind what does a successful outcome look like?
5. After this event what do you want to see happen in your golf game?

@xThor @TRyan @BuffaloPlunger @tucsoncacti @Tee/Ski @djt311 @sourmash

I’ll go first.

1. Good: The strong parts of my game have historically been driver, short game and putting. I have relied on my putter to bail me out of trouble far more often than I should.

2. Bad: Irons and full wedges are more of an adventure than I would like. Even at my best I had far fewer reasonable looks at birdie that I should have. If strokes gained existed in the 90’s that would have been very helpful. Fairway woods off the deck are a coin toss of great or catastrophic.

3. My number 1 goal is tightening up the iron dispersion and better knowing my yardages. Shot #3 needs to be closer to the hole.

4. Feeling like I have a sustainable practice routine to be an to play at the level I want to play.

5. My big goal for this season is to go from a decade of playing a round or 2 a year back to around scratch. I want to attempt to play in the 2025 Colorado Open so I’m trying to end this season with a handicap under 2.4. At 18 I was a scratch. In the 27 years since then I’ve played my way back to consistently shooting 73-76 a couple of times. It is doable but I would prefer not leaving it to chance and have a plan.

Playing GrayBull is going to be an amazing experience. There is also the GolfTEC portion and getting better. Reading through the GrayBull thread before this event was announced there was a strong emphasis on getting better this year. So in the spirit of improving I think it would be fun to do a little self evaluation.

I’ll go first.

1. Good: The strong parts of my game have historically been driver, short game and putting. I have relied on my putter to bail me out of trouble far more often than I should.

2. Bad: Irons and full wedges are more of an adventure than I would like. Even at my best I had far fewer reasonable looks at birdie that I should have. If strokes gained existed in the 90’s that would have been very helpful. Fairway woods off the deck are a coin toss of great or catastrophic.

3. My number 1 goal is tightening up the iron dispersion and better knowing my yardages. Shot #3 needs to be closer to the hole.

4. Feeling like I have a sustainable practice routine to be an to play at the level I want to play.

5. My big goal for this season is to go from a decade of playing a round or 2 a year back to around scratch. I want to attempt to play in the 2025 Colorado Open so I’m trying to end this season with a handicap under 2.4. At 18 I was a scratch. In the 27 years since then I’ve played my way back to consistently shooting 73-76 a couple of times. It is doable but I would prefer not leaving it to chance and have a plan.

Overall distance is solid, pretty good off the tee. Don’t feel like I have a weak part of my game but don’t feel I excel at anything in particular

Short game could definitely be better, as well as accuracy with irons. I have a new set in the bag which has been promising

Short game consistency would be solid. I love to really put some time into my putting setup and stroke.

My goal is to get to single digits this year. Given the timing, it’s pretty much up to me to get there this year but I think looking towards next year, success would be carrying the momentum into 2025 and keep dropping the handicap.

I’d like to see continued progress lowering my cap. I’d also really like to be able to say “I’m really good at…” which I hope to be putting. My long term goal is to compete in a US Open qualifier and I believe GolfTEC can help get me there

I’ll go first.

1. Strong part(s) of your game? Whether hitting woods or irons I am fairly good with keeping the ball in play. While I am not a long hitter can usually keep out of trouble for the most part.

2. Weak part(s) of your game? Greenside bunker shots are definitely a weakness of mine. My chipping and putting isn't terrible but could always be better.

3. What do you most want to work on? Currently recovering from an injury and will soon be able to start to work on chipping and putting. I will be focusing on that first and then ease into the irons and finally woods in the coming months. Since I will have to practice the short game for a bit first I am looking to tighten those areas which will help in scoring.

4. In your mind what does a successful outcome look like? Right now it is just getting back to playing full rounds would be considered a success.

5. After this event what do you want to see happen in your golf game? I am hoping to lower my cap once I can return to playing full time. I have been trying to break 80 for a couple years now and have got a few 80s and 81s but still haven't got there, so it would be nice to reach that goal. I also will be looking at some swing changes to minimize me possibly re-injuring myself like previously.

1. Strong part(s) of your game? Tee Game and Putting are typically the strongest parts of my game - So far this year (through 2 rounds) it seems to be holding true.

2. Weak part(s) of your game? Irons and Short Game - Emphasis on Short Game

3. What do you most want to work on? - Coming into the event I want to spend more time working around the greens, and frankly just playing and practicing more.

4. In your mind what does a successful outcome look like? - I just become a more consistent golfer. I am not sure I am ever going to be a low single-digit handicap or anything, but establishing some swing thoughts, some things to work on, and just an overall more predictable game is my hope.

5. After this event what do you want to see happen in your golf game? - Basically, everything I just said above. Want to be a more consistent golfer, with more predictable outcomes on the course.

There aren't really any I'd call strong. When I am swinging well, driver is a club I trust.

Short game is poor, mid/long irons/hybrid/fairway woods are very inconsistent.

Making a full turn, developing a consistent tempo and proper sequencing so I can build on a good foundation with more play and practice.

I feel confident with every club in the bag.

I'd like to get to where I break 90 every time out and have more fun playing! If I could start a string of rounds without a double bogey or worse, that would be a good metric.

• On Fire
Reactions: J4U
I’m very familiar with JD’s. Or at least what I remember 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
What I don't understand is why we haven't teed it up neighbor! 🤯

@leftybob i will respond later when I have a keyboard on hand.

One thing to note. I expect wind and a lot of it. I have spent a fair amount of time in that part of the country. And there are more windy days than not.

@leftybob i will respond later when I have a keyboard on hand.

One thing to note. I expect wind and a lot of it. I have spent a fair amount of time in that part of the country. And there are more windy days than not.
Smells like carnage

I live 10 minutes from Golftec hq. I have pto booked Monday - Wednesday. I can play a round on the 18th.

There is a top golf close to Golftec as a Friday night hangout spot if people are interested.
I will have lots of PTO by then. I will be in Denver/Event for at least a week. Probably Thursday through Thursday. I mean I am a Coloradan. So will visit some family and hit my favorite restaurants before and after GB.

What I don't understand is why we haven't teed it up neighbor! 🤯
We need to get out on the next couple of weeks. Ski season just ended I need to start getting rounds in.

Putting. I can have bad days, but its by far my most consistent. My green side bunker game is very good also.
Mid Irons need so much work. Lots of inconsistencies. I was actually fairly accurate with them leading into the Morgan Cup, but I have lost that mojo. But even when using Arccos, it was a big flaw.
Irons, Par 3 game, and could be more accurate off the tee.
Playing well within my limits, and striking my irons better. Also this looks to be maybe the 3rd or 4th biggest event of the year, so just having some fun, and playing good golf will be nice.
Thats a good question. There have been times over the last 2 years of stepping back from the game due to school and not playing how I would like to play. Now that school is finally finished, I got the bug again to really improve my game and dedicate myself to that improvement. Its one of the main reasons I signed up for this event. The GOLFTec portion really inspired me to put my name in the hat, and also setup a hitting area in my backyard to work on my game when I am not at the course.

I could use a little GolfTEC magic the way my round is going. The sad thing is I’m not even striking the ball poorly

I’ll go first.

Had to wait until I was off the Cruise ship to write out some thoughts.

1. Strong part(s) of your game? I would say my bunkers and pitching are my strongest areas.

2. Weak part(s) of your game? putting and driving. I miss way too may short, 2-4 foot putts and with my Driver, I'm in bad spots with no opportunity to advance the ball or I'm taking penalty strokes.

3. What do you most want to work on? Long game and short game. I have a lot to clean up everywhere but getting better off the tee and on the green are my priorities.

4. In your mind what does a successful outcome look like? To play consistently at the level I want to be and play at.

5. After this event what do you want to see happen in your golf game? A reduction in my handicap by cleaning up the areas I struggle with and improving those areas I do ok with but just not at the level I want to be at.

Back