TaylorMade R11 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
So don't buy the R11.
I'm not going to. Someone had mentioned a r11 460 or r11 supertri. That's what I was talking about.

this is from someone over a WRX
Available 9/1. The weight cover is red. The lofts are same as R9(non TP.) The stock shaft is KBS 90 parallel tip and lengths are traditional. An A-wedge is offered. Tour pros that will be using them are Kenny Perry and Sean Ohair. Possibly Paul Goydos but not Camilo, he is commited to Burner line. Street price is $799, right between Burner 2.0 and Tour Preferred. Timing and price designed to be the same as Ping G20 iron release. Played 2 rounds with them... AWESOME!

TaylorMade R11 Irons. The set's you might see has yet to be released for retail sale and is currently only available to Tour Players.The Irons are very forgiving set is a cross between the 2011 TaylorMade CB irons and the TaylorMade R9 TP irons.

These have the new Tour Issue grooves, The Tour Issue set comes with a 19 piece set of weights and the tip to change them. The weights are 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.5, 10.0, 10.5, 11.0, 11.5 & 12.0 grams. With the Tour Issue weight set you can adjust each head weight. Just some fun facts Dont Qoute me on all this being right but just a few things i heard.

TaylorMade R11 Irons. The set's you might see has yet to be released for retail sale and is currently only available to Tour Players.The Irons are very forgiving set is a cross between the 2011 TaylorMade CB irons and the TaylorMade R9 TP irons.

Yeah, you may have heard incorrectly. I can assure you that is not the case right now. That would be the MC set based on that, and this "alleged" set is not a 'players' iron (GE) in my opinion.

Last edited:
The pictures I have seen (if real) leave me questioning TM's club designers. These things are hideous. If the red weight is indeed a part of the club and the decal on the bottom of the cavity is white with the R11 graphics then I am shocked. However, can't judge a book by it's cover. They may be ugly from the back but if they look good at setup and play better then my issues would diminish pretty quick

The pictures I have seen (if real) leave me questioning TM's club designers. These things are hideous. If the red weight is indeed a part of the club and the decal on the bottom of the cavity is white with the R11 graphics then I am shocked. However, can't judge a book by it's cover. They may be ugly from the back but if they look good at setup and play better then my issues would diminish pretty quick

I saw the r11 irons at a golf shop today in a pic. I thought they looked good. Looked just like the cb's or cm's out now, but the weight was red and it said r11 in the cavity. I saw as much difference as the burner 1.0 and burner 2.0 if they were the same color as I did with the r11s and similar clubs from tm now

ya they're coming out in the fall and looks like a mix of r9 and mc irons and have a very thin topline

I was at a range last night and they had a sign up that they will have the R11 irons out for demo on August 20th

ya they're coming out in the fall and looks like a mix of r9 and mc irons and have a very thin topline

You sure? R9 and MC with a very thin topline?

[video=youtube;x6g8uh3W-e8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6g8uh3W-e8&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Use this thread for R11 Iron info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back