TaylorMade Qi10 Fairway Woods and Rescue

This was a pretty meh release for me looks wise, for some reason. I'm sure they loo better in hand, they always do. It's neat to see that people are having good results with some of the lineup.

Honestly thought by the name it was a PING release not TaylorMade. Still hard for me to make the connection.
That's interesting. The 10 thing? Because they released on the same day and Ping's G430 Max 10k where this line is just Qi10.

That's interesting. The 10 thing? Because they released on the same day and Ping's G430 Max 10k where this line is just Qi10.
I think to me its more the letters. PING has the i series, so in my head Qi could be related. Not saying it is wholly logical, just how my brain is.

Got to get some swings in with the Standard model 5W today and I might have to go back for a few more. Sounded solid through the ball, and I love that deep face. This could play very well in the 7W slot 🤔

7W continues to be just what I wanted. Only use it 2/3 times a round, but man it makes these easy.

7W continues to be just what I wanted. Only use it 2/3 times a round, but man it makes these easy.

You had a UW right? Does this do anything better or worse than that?

You had a UW right? Does this do anything better or worse than that?
It flies higher. I love the length and look and shape of the UW, but even the new one is just a little too flat for me.

As noted in the Qi10 driver thread... I have the 3, 5 and Hybrid being delivered on 3/19 with the driver. Replacing the Sim2's. Will post thoughts after getting a chance to game them.

I got to put my new 7W into play. It is exactly what I wanted. I played in a lot of wind today and was able to control the flight on this club pretty effectively. I’ve always gotten along with TM fairways.

With the 150% trade in now I’m thinking of upgrading. I have the stealth 2+ 4w and 6w which I really like but not sure I have the patience to wait for the qi10 tour 4 and 6 to come out later

Such a weapon when set up well. I used mine a bunch today.
This is the first club that I have bought mainly for simulator use. I swore off fairway woods in 2020, hybrids and later the uw filled that spot. I am conservative on the course. Laying up to a number yields better scores than hero shots for me.

Things are different indoors on my simulator. I have plenty of space to swing driver freely but it has been pure garbage indoors. I grabbed my son's old 915f 4 wood out of frustration and it was a smoke show. I am consistently longer with that old 4 wood and the misses are way smaller. I don't even tee it up, drop ball, smash, repeat.

I am steep and make way more spin than I need. I am going to start with the lowest loft and weight all the way forward. If I can elevate it and the misses are tame I am done. This will be a fun tee option when driver is not working and I am way more aggressive with hero shots on the sim.

First session in the books and I am very impressed!

20240317_205516.jpg

I will have more thoughts on this tomorrow.

The first session with the Qi10 tour three wood was eye opening. I am steep with all clubs and create tons of spin, too much in most cases. I have recently built a simulator in my house and although I have plenty of room to swing driver it has been awful so far. I found that I am longer and more accurate with a fairway wood and I can work the ball easily.

I am mainly looking at this club as an option from the tee box but for the first session I hit all the shots off the mat. I wanted to see two things, is it easy to launch and how is the spin? I set the hosel to "lower" which reduces loft -2* to 13*. I moved the giant 50g weight all the way toward the face. This is the lowest loft\spin configuration.

I was pleased to see shots in the 30-35 yard peak height range and spin between 2000-3000 rpm.

20240317_210658.jpg

20240317_205557.jpg

With the face open 4* from the hosel setting I was seeing mostly fades but I could still turn it over off the deck. I believe the fade bias will decrease as I adjust the hosel back towards standard loft. The low spin is very encouraging because I know that giant 50g sliding weight is doing its job. I should be able to find a nice balance of spin and launch with some more testing and adjusting.

20240317_205516.jpg

20240317_210639.jpg

Ball speeds were in the mid 140s and the distance is what I need for a second tee option. This is a titanium club and it has the powerful crack at impact that I personally love.

Overall it was a great first session and I am excited to get to know this club better and see if it can stay in the bag for a while.

Last edited:
After trying the Qi10 Tour 3 wood in its lowest spin\loft setting I moved the hosel to std. loft and the sliding weight to the mid point. This would be the most neutral setting and I was happy to see it working as advertised. Although I had no trouble launching it before the low spin would hurt consistency.

These two shots show good strikes where the spin stays lowish but is 500-1000 rpm higher than the previous setting. I am not consistent enough to say this is all due to the hosel and slider adjustment but the spin is definitely moving in the right direction.

20240319_194423.jpg

20240319_191942.jpg

These two shots did not have great contact and the spin jumped way up. Distance was not penalized hardly at all and both would be in the fairway so I would say this club shows a good bit of forgiveness.

20240319_193111.jpg

20240319_190606.jpg

With the hosel set to std. the face was 4* closed compared to the previous setting. I was seeing much less fade spin on the ball and my familiar draw came back. I feel like I can get fairly aggressive with it and it doesn't hook. This is my first time using a KBS TD shaft and I think it helps keep this club from hooking like others when I get quick in transition "always" 😂

It's an incredible club, I hope some others give it a try. I feel like I am talking to myself up in here?

1000061998.jpg

These two have been working extremely well in combination in my bag.

Went to clean my clubs and this picture of the 7W before I did

1000062006.jpg

says everything about why deep faced fairways work better for me and shallow ones do not.

I gave the standard rescue a solid whack at DSG on Friday. Its nice but seemed really draw bias to me

20240331_223655.jpg

I put the big slider in the neutral setting and the hosel at the lowest. This opens the face at address and helps me avoid the lefts. I will say it again, this club is the absolute easiest launching fairway I have ever hit!

1000063031.jpg

Best shot of the round yesterday was with the Tour 5W. 277 into a serious wind on a long par 5 to right there. Played the last version a ton and this one plenty and was still a little surprised by it out there. In the best way.

I'm really liking this hybrid. Seems to be easier to hit than the Sim2. It's definitely easier to get in to the air. For me, I'd hit the Sim2 on the toe. No matter how I adjust my distance from the ball and stance. So, far I've hit it 3 times on course. First was topped. LOL 2nd and 3rd times, was a nice mid flight that looked wind piercing. One went dead straight the other had a little fade on it. Was 190 out on the first and was just short in to a wind. Don't remember the other one.

Hmm, a 7W is calling my name and I keep thinking this might be the spot I land. I played SIM FW's and loved them.

Bought me a little something something today. Excited to put this on play. Expecting fun things.

IMG_1624.jpegIMG_1626.jpegIMG_1627.jpeg

Played 18 today. Hit a couple really nice shots with the 7W. Has a ton of pop. I like!!!

Back