TaylorMade Qi10 Fairway Woods and Rescue

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
It wouldn’t be a TaylorMade release cycle without refreshed Fairway and Rescue clubs. Like most companies, the driver release tends to get the majority of attention, especially on a year with so much change. Gone is Stealth, so no one has to worry about a third iteration. In its place, is Qi10, and although none of the fairways or hybrids are going to hit that 10,000 MOI mark which is signified in the name, continuity is a good thing.

Continue reading...

Awesome write up. I thought the LS version of the stealth was an awesome FW….its just hard to justify the price.

@Jman is there any different between the TR shafts coming in these vs the ones other OEMs have an upcharge for? I know in the past there was velocore and no velocore but I’m not as familiar with the TR line

Excited about this one!

Last year's fairways were pretty underrated. The plus 5W was a big weapon for me. The deeper faces are a real functional benefit for me. And from early returns this year's will be too. And looks even better over the ball. It will get a long hard look.

1000053534.jpg

Last edited:
  • Staff
Awesome write up. I thought the LS version of the stealth was an awesome FW….its just hard to justify the price.

@Jman is there any different between the TR shafts coming in these vs the ones other OEMs have an upcharge for? I know in the past there was velocore and no velocore but I’m not as familiar with the TR line
These are not Velocore Ventus TR shafts

TM fairways have always been solid. Options are good and having the bonded standard version makes sense but I'm drawn to the tour version of this fwy

Excited about this one!

Last year's fairways were pretty underrated. The plus 5W was a big weapon for me. The deeper faces are a real functional benefit for me. And from early returns this year's will be too. And looks even better over the ball. It will get a long hard look.

View attachment 9235342
I prefer the past address without the carbon wrap but that’s a my swing issue if you catch my drift.

Excited to give the rescues a try, especially the HD version.

Nice Article @Jman ! Like the look of the Max Fairway - Screams "Hit Me"

• Staff
I prefer the past address without the carbon wrap but that’s a my swing issue if you catch my drift.

Excited to give the rescues a try, especially the HD version.
I do wonder about that with both the fairways and drivers. More the drivers. For people who struggle there or places where the heads get hit by a wide variety. Time will tell on durability.

One is made by Fujikura and hte other isnt :ROFLMAO:

I really love my S2+ fairways. I can't see myself upgrading after one year wtih them.

But the 4 hybird pro set to +2 to make it 24 degrees... hmmm... I like my current S2 25 degree hybrid ok, but that new Qi10 Tour rescue does make me ponder...

Excited about this one!

View attachment 9235342
Did you see any spin or launch improvements with the carbon crown?

I really liked the S2 + last year. Will probably get a LS fw.

One is made by Fujikura and hte other isnt :ROFLMAO:
I remember you mentioning something like that a while back but didn’t say who it was…now we have the answer

Great article, @Jman.

These look solid and I love the look at address.

I do wonder about that with both the fairways and drivers. More the drivers. For people who struggle there or places where the heads get hit by a wide variety. Time will tell on durability.
I was wondering about that as well. I think it's cool that they brought it to the fwys, but wonder about it getting hit in that location a lot. I think these look fantastic. I'm really curious if they ever bring the carbon face to fwy woods.

I was wondering about that as well. I think it's cool that they brought it to the fwys, but wonder about it getting hit in that location a lot. I think these look fantastic. I'm really curious if they ever bring the carbon face to fwy woods.
I’ll be honest, I’d be terrified to see the durability. I also wonder if in such a small head, they can get the carbon to flex enough.

If they could, I’d think we would have seen it by now on the third year in.

Did you see any spin or launch improvements with the carbon crown?
It's too early to say. Limited time with it. I was out with the back and then tore a calf muscle at the gym so I've had to pick and choose what to hit and how many times. Numbers for me have been good though.

I’ll be honest, I’d be terrified to see the durability. I also wonder if in such a small head, they can get the carbon to flex enough.

If they could, I’d think we would have seen it by now on the third year in.
That's kind of what I was thinking as well. It's just been on my mind since the release of carbon face with them.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. It's just been on my mind since the release of carbon face with them.
Same, I’ve been waiting on it, expecting it.

Enjoyed reading the article about these FWs and hybrids. For some reason, it surprised me to see the standard FW come in at 5cc bigger than the new Cleveland FW I read about yesterday. The LS FW appears to be more of the size I am accustomed to but the standard would probably suit my game much better these days. The hybrids sound really good as well and appear to cover a good range of needs for golfers.

Back