Taylormade Introduces the R9 Super Tri

JB...I've seen the R9 460 for sale for $199 at GPP.I'm wondering if I should wait for the Supertri to come out.I'm looking for help with a consistent slice on my drives.Can the MWT make that much of a difference than just the FCT alone?Or is the MWT more important for low handicap guys looking to shape shots?

I really cannot answer that, I wish I could. MWT is geared towards everybody, not just lower handicap players, however a slice is not just about moving weight and/or the face. Its usually a minor swing flaw. I suffered with this for years and no driver was going to fix it, yet our THP Pro fixed it in 1 tip/drill and now despite having the R9 in my bag, it is set to neutral. So in that aspect, I am unsure.

However, with all that being said, I do prefer the SuperTri because I like the shaft and feel a little better. But that is personal.

My slice is the result of a flawed swing do to multiple shoulder surgeries( gotta love football!).I found through Golftec lessons that there's only so much I can do with my swing and that I'll always have a steep swing plane.I was playing aTM Tour Burner 10.5 and rotating the club closed at address and that seemed to do the trick.That's why I was wondering about the MWT combined with the FCT vs.FCT alone.If I can spend half the money for the same result that would be cool.I also have a very high ball flight do to my swing,will closing the club face increase my loft? I also swing around 105 mph,would the xstiff help keep the trajectory down over a stiff shaft?

MWT with FCT can definitely assist in that. As far as what shaft to couple it with, going x stiff with a 105 ss could be tough, but again every shaft is totally different and one companies XS is another companies S, so the only way to find out is to try them out on a monitor.

Why not try out a club like the Bob Burns No Bananas Anti Slice Driver.
The Hackers Paradise Bob Burns No Bananas Review

Am I right to assume that the stiff shaft on my TM Tour Burner would be comparable to the stiff on the R9 460 and or the Supertri?

Am I right to assume that the stiff shaft on my TM Tour Burner would be comparable to the stiff on the R9 460 and or the Supertri?

Going off memory alone, I believe they both have the REAX shaft in them.

Thanks for your help JB.....How's the shootout going and about when will the results be posted?

Thanks for your help JB.....How's the shootout going and about when will the results be posted?

The event has been concluded and the results will be up on Thursday.

Excellent! You guys do a fantastic job with your shootouts,they are truly unbiased and give the best info to help someone make an intelligent choice for equipment.

any pics of what the headcover looks like for the Supertri? This driver looks so awesome! I'm anxious to hear what the opinions about it are in the driver shootout.

any pics of what the headcover looks like for the Supertri? This driver looks so awesome! I'm anxious to hear what the opinions about it are in the driver shootout.

You can see it front and center in this picture.

768355352_gSQWS-XL-1.jpg

from what I've seen i believe the Nike VR head cover is the best looking I know a little off subject.

its right in front on that picture. Kind of plain for me. I like the Cleveland Covers or the J38. But we wont get too far off topic.

Thanks for the headcover pic! They didn't change it much from the previous R9 covers. I agree that I like the headcover on my Launcher DST better.

Thanks for the headcover pic! They didn't change it much from the previous R9 covers. I agree that I like the headcover on my Launcher DST better.

Yeah, it is similar. A little more white on it it seems. But not much. I have issues with TM headcovers.

Hey JB....Will TM be offering a fairway wood for the Supertri? I was just on Golfsmith and you can pre-order Superfast driver and fairway,but only the Supertri driver..no fairway offered.Also,any opinion on the Diablo Edge fairway?

Hey JB....Will TM be offering a fairway wood for the Supertri? I was just on Golfsmith and you can pre-order Superfast driver and fairway,but only the Supertri driver..no fairway offered.Also,any opinion on the Diablo Edge fairway?

I do not think they will offer a fairway because it would be VERY similar to the regular R9 fairway wood.

I have not tried the Diablo Edge Fairway wood.

Yeah, it is similar. A little more white on it it seems. But not much. I have issues with TM headcovers.

They suck, I hate dealing with getting the sock on over the head. I really like the magnetic cover on my FT-i, super easy to use with no fumbling around.

JB..do you have a pic of the Diablo Edge head cover?

JB..do you have a pic of the Diablo Edge head cover?

Far right with the red on it. Under the Fourteen Driver. Flames on the side.

768355352_gSQWS-XL-1.jpg

They suck, I hate dealing with getting the sock on over the head. I really like the magnetic cover on my FT-i, super easy to use with no fumbling around.

I agree 100%! TM headcovers are terrible. My R9 460 never wants to go on right.

JB, how does the Diablo Edge headcover compare in that regards? Its it an easy on easy off? Or a PIA? Thanks

I agree 100%! TM headcovers are terrible. My R9 460 never wants to go on right.

JB, how does the Diablo Edge headcover compare in that regards? Its it an easy on easy off? Or a PIA? Thanks

Very similar.

I must be one of the lucky ones.With all the complaints with TM headcovers,I'm glad to not ever have a problem. I do wish they would bring back those TP magnetic covers though

Nice looking club. I'll probably try this during Carl's Golfland demo days to see if it can replace my 07 TM burner which has been pretty consistent for me since changing that stock shaft to UST proforce.

r9

r9

The R9 super tri has me really interested in upgrading my 06 cobra f speed.
I was considering ordering one for my winter holiday , won't have chance to hit it
before ordering. I just like the idea of flight control options and the looks of this unit.

The only tm driver that interested me before was the black super quad driver a few years ago but it spun the ball too much for my swing . It would balloon
and fall out of sky . Tried all kinds of shafts in the fitting cart and no dice.

I never tried the r9 460 but tm is claiming the super tri is higher spinning than
r9 460.

Has anyone hit the super quad... r9 460 ..and the new super tri ?
How do they compare?

Thanks L57

Has anyone hit the super quad... r9 460 ..and the new super tri ?
How do they compare?

Thanks L57

Yes, I have hit all 3. The Super Tri will be out soon and more will get a chance to hit it and have feedback. I prefer it to the R9 460 a little bit, but that could be more about the shaft than the head because I preferred the motore to that of the REAX.

Back