3wood: Superfast
Hybrid: Mashie M2
Hybrid: Mashie M3,
Irons: RAZR X Tours
Wedges: MPT 11 (50*, 55*, 60*)
The Flat-Stick: Backstryke DART

TC are you still gaming the 2.0s ? I see your signature has the RAZR X Tours

TC are you still gaming the 2.0s ? I see your signature has the RAZR X Tours

I will be gaming them until the Tours show up, which is any day now.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Good, send me your Burners!!!

Are you left handed?

I am! :) Now see, you could have wrapped them all up in one big box and sent them too. lol

I am! :) Now see, you could have wrapped them all up in one big box and sent them too. lol

I guess I could have huh? You think you could transition from those forged beauties to some cast shovels? :alien:

I guess I could have huh? You think you could transition from those forged beauties to some cast shovels? :alien:

That's a solid question right there. I'm sure if you tossed a graphite shaft in them it would even out the smoothy butterness. lol

That's a solid question right there. I'm sure if you tossed a graphite shaft in them it would even out the smoothy butterness. lol

hahaha, now you're talking. I tell you what, if I had a set of Program's, they'd be in there in a minute. What a lethal combination that could prove to be.

I said I’d come back with an update. I got two more 9-hole rounds in, yesterday and this morning. I’ll try to make my input as quantifiable as possible, but you might have to excuse my enthusiasm after two brilliant rounds!

I’ve played some pretty outstanding shots with my 4, 5, 6, 9 & PW. I’m not sure I even got the 7 or 8 iron out of the bag during either round, which is partly chance, but also due to being typically closer than 100 yards after tee shots on any par4, and the fact all par3s on my course are 150-160 yards. I’m reaching the par3s with my 9iron, and it’s been exhilarating to watch shots fly so high and hit greens every time. I’ve had to repair plenty of pitch marks for the first time in my life! In fact, I recall thinking as a kid, how do the top golfers land on greens and stay on greens? I would always fly through. Well, any shots played with the 2.0s that land on greens stay within a few metres of where they land! I’m playing Titleist Pro V1/V1x practice balls (new, supposedly perfect in construction, with possible cosmetic imperfections, but I seriously can’t see the difference… and they’re £20 rather than £40!) Anyway, Titleist claim they drop&stop. I don’t know whether it’s the clubs, the balls, or both, but I’m so happy at the moment I’m sure it’ll be years before I think to try anything else.

It’s so clear that a fortnight ago I was trying to hit the ball too hard. Or as a friend put it, trying to smash the print off the ball. So I’ve concentrated on not trying to be forceful, but smooth, and as a result a little slower. I don’t know whether this is the case with all golfers and golf clubs, but I currently feel the weight of the Burner 2.0s, which seems deliberately quite heavy, shouldn’t be fought against. I’m finding the best results come from swings at a maximum speed that still feels effortless. I’m learning that the clubs really will do all the rest for me. As well they should! Given all the wondrous claims!

I’m finding my (well struck) distances are consistent. I say this because I’ve read a few suggestions others haven’t found this. I say suggestions because I haven’t actually seen those first-hand reports. Is there just an online myth about mysterious distance fluctuations?

What’s more, it is also obvious, even from my less than perfect long iron striking, that there will be well stepped gaps when I improve. I keep saying my 6iron flies 200yards with ease, but that the 5 and 4 irons are harder to hit. Well, my lower, less impressive 5i/4i shots still end up travelling 200. But it’s plainly clear that they reserve more power than the 6i for when I improve at hitting them.

I’m not trying to blow my own trumpet here, and it feels immodest to report how far I’m hitting these irons when I catch shots really well! But if it inspires anyone else to invest in a set, then great! I’m loving mine! And no, I have no association to any golf company!!! Despite talking above about potentially well gapped clubs, I’ve played two immense 6iron shots today, that I can only estimate to be around 230yards each! One, slight downhill 254yard par4, I had all of 25yards to go with my 2nd shot, and nearly fluked an eagle. And the 464yard par5 I mentioned in my last post, I found my ball 6-8 feet away from the pin after two shots! A 4iron tee shot across a valley, and a 6iron blind from several meters below the apex of a hill, the 6i was better struck than the 4i and I think they split the distance evenly (so around 230yards each). Sadly I just missed my first realistic chance at an eagle! But I birdied the hole! I felt it a miracle when I’d pared it for the first time last weekend.

I’m loving the 150yards-160yard consistency of the 9iron, because my local course has 4 par3s at just this length. My PW is flying just as sweet at 125-130yards, and I’ve quickly got the feel for distance for shorter than full swings. The PW is not as much help under 50yards though; I can now see I really do need wedges.

So, it remains to be seen if my 4-PW settle nicely at distance gaps of around 17-25yards yards, but I’ll be over the moon if seven irons can cover 125-250yards!

Perhaps an unusual spell of beginner’s luck, but I can’t wait to play the course with my friends again, and pray my improvement holds!

Pretty incredible distances coming from a beautiful set of irons. I loved these when register.g them out and they still remain my dream irons, but will have to wait for now with the Florida outing sign-up upon us.

Great write ups everyone, sweet irons.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Has the 2.0 6 iron and want to use it a little more before deciding if I want to get some...I have a regular flex.

I'm really loving my burners. They seem so easy to hit and just so long. I'm really looking to my first 18 with them...now if it would only stay nice so I could play more often.

1st post. Picked up a set today, hoping to hit them tomorrow. I'm coming back to the game (a common story I know) after 12-14 years of 1-2 rds a year, kids are mostly grown up so have some time on my hands. I picked up a set of S2 Max Cobras, love the hybrids but just HAAATE the irons - no feel, no confidence with them. So I went shopping again today, and hit the JPX800's, the CG16's and the Burners - which would have been my last choice of the 3 before hitting them. But they fit me perfectly for lie, I hit them the best, they look good set up, etc etc and I got a bit of a discount for a display set.

I've had about 10 range sessions (including 3 lessons, am in rebuild mode) and 2 18's this year, my weakness is hitting greens - not long off the tee but straight and a good short game and putting. If I can keep my fool head back, I think tomorrow should be fun!

I've played 2 @ 18's and had a couple of range sessions with them. They do feel good to hit, certainly more feedback than the S2 Maxes have - though I got the 2.0's in steel and the S2's are graphite. I'm really struggling with distance as I go thru a swing rebuild - undoubtedly at least in part because I'm hitting the ball all over the face. So, saying that, I can certainly say that they are indeed forgiving. I still think they're a perfect fit for me dead stock (I'm 6'0" 180lbs), and still also think that they LOOK great at address. The wide and railed bottom edge of the S2's was psyching me out, I feel much more comfortable with the sharper (though not sharp) leading edge of the 2.0's, and have only hit a couple of fat shots - no worse or better than before. It's mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but I also like the relatively heavy swing weight (D3.5 all the way thru) and feel it helps me swing more stably (stabley? not even a word? :p ). In fact, I kept the S2 Max hybrids and, with their very light shafts and swing weight I'm now struggling to hit THEM properly, probably need to slow down a bit. I've had great luck getting the ball in the air, and have even hit a couple of solid looking 4 iron shots, though they don't yet go as far as I'd like. I'm also really liking the gap wedge, I've chipped in twice in 2 rounds and had a few more real nice chips with it, so something about it really works for me.

Anyways, as I continue to evolve a proper swing plane and an actual release, I expect I'll be hitting the ball further than ever before. I'm still 10 yds behind where I was 25 yrs ago with a 7i just yet. Ah, the joys of aging (48 now). My 22 yr old son, who is a rank beginner, hits his cheapo beginner set 7i further than the *cough* old pro dad. Gotta fix that, can't have the punk holding it over me :D

Are you left handed?

No, but my brother is and Im sure hed love them :)

Need some opinions guys, I have played 4 rounds with 2.0s and am having some problems with ball flight. I hit them to high for my liking...any suggestions on what I can do? I still have 60 days to return them and get something different, but my ball striking with these is so good it makes me want to keep them. I also have a big gap between my 56 and 2.0 AW.

Thanks

Need some opinions guys, I have played 4 rounds with 2.0s and am having some problems with ball flight. I hit them to high for my liking...any suggestions on what I can do? I still have 60 days to return them and get something different, but my ball striking with these is so good it makes me want to keep them. I also have a big gap between my 56 and 2.0 AW.

Thanks

Were you fit for them? A different shaft may help bring the ball flight down for you.

--
tapatalk

I would buy the 2.0 sand wedge to fill that gap, and learn to love the highness. If you like the ballstriking, learn to love it.

Thanks

Were you fit for them? A different shaft may help bring the ball flight down for you.

--
tapatalk

I was fit for them on a sim at golfsmith, I just didn't realize how high I was hitting them until I got outside. I have the stiff steel dynamic gold shafts, maybe I will swing by golfsmith this weekend and hit some other shafts....I wonder if they would trade them out.

I would buy the 2.0 sand wedge to fill that gap, and learn to love the highness. If you like the ballstriking, learn to love it.

I was thinking that might be the best solution, just want to make sure I am going to keep them before I buy another club.

No, but my brother is and Im sure hed love them :)

I'm sure he would love them, they are great irons.

Thanks

High isn't necessarily a bad thing if your spin numbers aren't off the chart. High = more carry distance, and that's never a bad thing, especially if you can hit it high, without the ball ballooning on you (so you can fully take advantage of maximum carry distance for you). When I tested the 2.0 6iron, with stock steel shaft in stiff flex, against many other steel shafts out there, the launch angle was right on par with the others, but my shot height was higher, spin was the least, and carry distance was far superior. The only time the higher ball will really hurt you is in windy conditions. Have you tried hitting shots where you have to flight them lower?

Wooooooooooo!

I've had a few drinks tonight and come home and ordered the 2.0 AW, SW & LW online. I'll think about the cost tomorrow! Only sad thing is... I already know the only UK retailer to offer them online selectable doesn't really keep them in stock... so I guess it'll be a fortnight at least before I get them, which is frustrating as my next round with chums will be next Sunday. Here's hoping for a miracle...

Last edited:
Wooooooooooo!

I've had a few drinks tonight and come home and ordered the 2.0 AW, SW & LW online. I'll think about the cost tomorrow! Only sad thing is... I already know the only UK retailer to offer tham online selectable doesn't really keep them in stock... so I guess it'll be a fortnight at least before I get them, which is frustrating as my next round with chums will be next Sunday. Here's hoping for a miracle...

LMAO! Awesome post! You're going to love them. Great irons. I hope you don't experience some sort of remorse tomorrow though.

TC or any of the other testers,

Have you hit the Nike Machspeed irons to compare them to the 2.0's? If so, how do they stack up? I have a friend putting a bag together and asked me about this comparison although I haven't hit either.

Thanks in advance
Doug

TC or any of the other testers,

Have you hit the Nike Machspeed irons to compare them to the 2.0's? If so, how do they stack up? I have a friend putting a bag together and asked me about this comparison although I haven't hit either.

Thanks in advance
Doug

I have hit the Machspeed irons, last year at a local demo day, hit it with a plethora of different shafts. Pretty good iron to be honest but the 2.0's have some aspects that I just prefer. I love the progressive offset, I love the two tone finish, and I like the stock shafts in the 2.0's better (for me).

I know that OEM kevin owned the Machspeeds as well, so I know he can offer some information as well.

I have hit the Machspeed irons, last year at a local demo day, hit it with a plethora of different shafts. Pretty good iron to be honest but the 2.0's have some aspects that I just prefer. I love the progressive offset, I love the two tone finish, and I like the stock shafts in the 2.0's better (for me).

I know that OEM kevin owned the Machspeeds as well, so I know he can offer some information as well.

Thanks, TC. I am sure he can't go wrong with either. I mean, they aren't pieces of forged smoothy-workability-butterness, but, I am sure they will get the job done. lol

TC
No real remorse. Actually extra excitement a couple of hours ago... Seems the place actually DID have the AW and SW in stock, but not the LW. They emailed to ask what I wanted to do. So as I knew they'd actually got two of them in stock, I paid a little extra for next day delivery for those... so they're coming tomorrow!!! I said I'll decide later about the LW.
I was then tempted to call back and say just send the sand wedge. Frankly it might have been far more sensible. It might have been all the club I need for now, whilst getting back into the game. I could have played for a lot longer before deciding whether I needed to fill a gap and/or get more lobby. I'm sure the SW will pay for itself far quicker than the AW or LW.
Actually, in typing this, I'm verging on a little buyers remorse. I'm now struggling to believe the AW is necessary. Thinking about it, on my last round I played a gorgeous 80yard pitch with my PW; stopping feet from the flag. And if a pitch is not a full swing... then you're shortening swings, so shorten as required. I think i've talked myself out of the need for the AW.
I definitely need a SW for bunkers and very short-game. The PW, at 45* is no good for that; the ball rolls on. At £66, the SW is money well spent. Another £132 for clubs that might be superfluous to requirements might not be so sensible, and I wonder if one was necessary, whether it's more likely to be the LW. Although, that said, I suspect the SW could be manipulated as required.
Oh hell, now I'll have a tough decision to make. Perhaps the way forward is for me to range the SW alongside my PW this week, and on course on Sunday, not touch the AW, and if I don't think I need it, return it. We have 7-day distance selling laws in the UK, and anything bought online can be returned unused for any reason. It'll just be a waste of 20% the cost of a single club in postage by then if I do.
I suppose I'll at least get to see whether there are any design differences between the clubs, and what the bounce is like on each.
I'm hitting my 2.0 irons long already, as I have said before. But my 9i at 150yards, and PW about 125yards, if a SW can do 5-75yards with all manner of shots... I'm thinking the SW should be enough. Grrrrrrr!!!

TC
No real remorse. Actually extra excitement a couple of hours ago... Seems the place actually DID have the AW and SW in stock, but not the LW. They emailed to ask what I wanted to do. So as I knew they'd actually got two of them in stock, I paid a little extra for next day delivery for those... so they're coming tomorrow!!! I said I'll decide later about the LW.
I was then tempted to call back and say just send the sand wedge. Frankly it might have been far more sensible. It might have been all the club I need for now, whilst getting back into the game. I could have played for a lot longer before deciding whether I needed to fill a gap and/or get more lobby. I'm sure the SW will pay for itself far quicker than the AW or LW.
Actually, in typing this, I'm verging on a little buyers remorse. I'm now struggling to believe the AW is necessary. Thinking about it, on my last round I played a gorgeous 80yard pitch with my PW; stopping feet from the flag. And if a pitch is not a full swing... then you're shortening swings, so shorten as required. I think i've talked myself out of the need for the AW.
I definitely need a SW for bunkers and very short-game. The PW, at 45* is no good for that; the ball rolls on. At £66, the SW is money well spent. Another £132 for clubs that might be superfluous to requirements might not be so sensible, and I wonder if one was necessary, whether it's more likely to be the LW. Although, that said, I suspect the SW could be manipulated as required.
Oh hell, now I'll have a tough decision to make. Perhaps the way forward is for me to range the SW alongside my PW this week, and on course on Sunday, not touch the AW, and if I don't think I need it, return it. We have 7-day distance selling laws in the UK, and anything bought online can be returned unused for any reason. It'll just be a waste of 20% the cost of a single club in postage by then if I do.
I suppose I'll at least get to see whether there are any design differences between the clubs, and what the bounce is like on each.
I'm hitting my 2.0 irons long already, as I have said before. But my 9i at 150yards, and PW about 125yards, if a SW can do 5-75yards with all manner of shots... I'm thinking the SW should be enough. Grrrrrrr!!!

I do know what you're driving at here, but disagree with the logic. The idea behind a gap wedge is to limit the number of times in a round when you have to take manipulated partial swings which always increases the opportunities for mistakes. With a 45* PW and a 56* SW you have an 11 degree and by your numbers 50 yard gap there. The AW is absolutely necessary. The LW on the other hand is entirely optional. I carry one and although I'm a better than average wedge player, rarely hit it. I use the 50* gap wedge when i want the shot to release (sort of a short bump and run if you will) and the SW when I want less release. For that matter, I can hit the lob shot with my SW by opening the face at address.

IMHO, the 2 clubs more amateurs carry and can't actually use worth a damn are the 3W and the LW. I'm almost certain my next wedge set will be 48*, 52*, 56*

Back