Stand Bags vs. Cart Bags

Stand Bags vs. Cart Bags

• Stand Bag

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Cart Bag

Votes: 63 48.8%

• Total voters
Now you are correct about walking is certainly easier with the stand bag and the cart is quite nice. But I will tell you I would be SHOCKED if your stand bag can hold as many beverages as my staff bag or most of the cart bags I have had in the past.

Perhaps... but have you seen this bag?
Callaway Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag

The cooler pocket on this is Huge. Perhaps I should have said more beverages in the cooler pocket. I can stuff about 8 cans into the cooler pocket on my bag. The one I linked to, I bet you could get at least 12 with ease.

As for courses not allowing you to take on your own beverages, well that is a grey area. I always buy at least a few from the establishment in addition to the ones I bring along. Plus up here there is no guarantee that there will be beverage service on the course. I'd rather be prepared ;)

Edit and by Stand bag - I really meant one without legs (we consider those "carry" bags), guess what I am referring to is a cart bag - my bad. Crazy Canadians/Maritimers and their weird terms for things.

Edit and by Stand bag - I really meant one without legs (we consider those "carry" bags), guess what I am referring to is a cart bag - my bad. Crazy Canadians/Maritimers and their weird terms for things.

Wow, you had me really confused for a second. Yes, the cart bags are the big ones...hehe

Cart bag -vs- stand bag

Cart bag -vs- stand bag

I currently have a C-130 cart bag. It just seems too big sometimes especially on the cart. I basically always use a cart when I play......but I would like something a little smaller and lighter. Does it make sense to have a stand bag when I never walk a course? Are there advantages to one over the other if 2 bags have the options I'm looking for but one is a stand and the other a cart bag?

I have the same bag and love it. Yes, it can be a little big on the cart, but I don't really miss my standbag. My big proplem is filling up all those pockets with junk and then it weighs a ton, lol.

The opposite tack is that some stand bags don't fit great on all carts. My stand bag fits great on the "Club Cart", but I need to turn it sideways on "EZ Go" carts. Your mileage may vary.

Merged this with another thread on the topic. Lots of good info in here.

Staff or pencil bag, depending on what's in store for the day.

My Datrek Vibe Stand bag is getting long in the tooth....
Trying to decide if I should get something like a Clicgear3 or another Standbag to Carry...

Not sure if the Clicgear 3.0 would carry my Ogio Syncro....or if I would even want it to???

Do most people carry their nice bag on the walking cart or their Stand/Intermediate bags??

I currently have a C-130 cart bag. It just seems too big sometimes especially on the cart. I basically always use a cart when I play......but I would like something a little smaller and lighter. Does it make sense to have a stand bag when I never walk a course? Are there advantages to one over the other if 2 bags have the options I'm looking for but one is a stand and the other a cart bag?
I've got an Ogio stand bag and it doesn't ride well in a golf cart at all. It twists to the side in the bag well, making access to the pockets difficult, and all my irons fall over to one side in a jumbled mess. I just ordered a C-130 this morning to replace it, since I use a cart 99% of the time when I golf. Truth be told, even if I were to start walking more I'd use a push cart rather than carry my bag, so a cart bag makes the most sense for me.

I've got an Ogio stand bag and it doesn't ride well in a golf cart at all. It twists to the side in the bag well, making access to the pockets difficult, and all my irons fall over to one side in a jumbled mess. I just ordered a C-130 this morning to replace it, since I use a cart 99% of the time when I golf. Truth be told, even if I were to start walking more I'd use a push cart rather than carry my bag, so a cart bag makes the most sense for me.

Exactly why I went with my Ogio cart bag. I still kept my stand bag for when I am feeling energetic and want to carry by bag. Although, I don't think that will be too often.... :D

I go both ways, I have a Bag Boy Clip-Lok Stand Bag & a RJ Sports Bandon II Staff Cart Bag. I always carry the Cart Bag on trips and usually keep everything in my stand bag the rest of the time because I carry at my home course about 40% of my rounds.

Cart bag for me. I like the extra room and I use it on my Sun Mountain push cart. I walk 90% of the time.

Do you use the torq strap on your bag? I have an Ogio Grom stand bag and when I ride on carts, I typically have no problem with it.

Do you use the torq strap on your bag? I have an Ogio Grom stand bag and when I ride on carts, I typically have no problem with it.

Torq Strap is a fairly new feature. His bag may not have it.

As 9I said, mine's an older Ogio bag (it's an '02 or '03 Exo) and doesn't have the Torq strap.

I was a stand bag guy. I don't walk anymore. No courses around me let you walk.

I've never heard of courses that won't let you walk, that's just weird. I have heard of courses that don't allow carts, (Bandon, Chambers Bay, etc...) What is the reason? Trying to speed up play? Just want the extra $ for a cart?

Loving my Bridgestone cart bag, I like the bigger size, its more stable back there and is also working well on my push cart

I love my Ogio, but I am not throwing away my old stand bag. I may use it if I go out to a range or something, but as a rider, I love the cart bag

I just got a cart bag (my stand bag is falling apart), and i really like it. I also got a pushcart for when i want to walk.

First of all, I like to walk and I usually carry a stand bag. But I also have a Sun Mountain push cart and I have a cart bag for that since it fits better in the push cart than the stand bag does. If I play a course where it's drive carts only, then I'll just take the cart bag. But if I'm not sure about the policies of the course or whether I want to walk or not, I usually just bring my stand bag because I can't carry a cart bag but I can still strap my stand bag onto a cart if I have to, so at least I have a choice.

I carry my bag but I'm thinking I might get a pushcart for the hotter days since a wet sticky shirt on your back isn't the best feeling in the world.

I was thinking of getting a second bag. I have a stand bag now. But I walk most of the time with a push cart. The stand bag just does not sit in there right.

I got a Taylor Made staff stand bag late last season when a zipper broke on my other one. It is also a good cart bag too, hopefully I am going to walk more when I play this season.

Cart bag. They are pretty light these days but give you all the extra room. Just get a light weight trolley for it to walk the course.

Back