Stand Bags vs. Cart Bags

Stand Bags vs. Cart Bags

• Stand Bag

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Cart Bag

Votes: 63 48.8%

• Total voters
Wow our friends up North are struggling today...hehe

Yeah 9I, that is tough. Are there things you could remove?

Stupid typing!! Haha.

The funny thing is that there isn't much in there. I don't always cary my umbrella, but it still gets heavy. I guess I could carry a few less balls, but if I'm having a rough day, then I may run out.... About the only thing else I carry is a couple of bottles of water. The 9 hole course I play doesn't have a cart going around so I have stock up before I start playing.

EDIT: My bag is not the lightest one out there either.

Stupid typing!! Haha.

The funny thing is that there isn't much in there. I don't always cary my umbrella, but it still gets heavy. I guess I could carry a few less balls, but if I'm having a rough day, then I may run out.... About the only thing else I carry is a couple of bottles of water. The 9 hole course I play doesn't have a cart going around so I have stock up before I start playing.

Im guessing it is coming from golf balls 9I. I believe you had the Nike stand bag and it does not weigh much empty. Add on 10 lbs in clubs and the rest is "stuff".

Im guessing it is coming from golf balls 9I. I believe you had the Nike stand bag and it does not weigh much empty. Add on 10 lbs in clubs and the rest is "stuff".

I usually carry:
Wind shirt
Two bottles of water
About 15 golf balls
Tees and Such
Rain Hood
Sun Screen
Bug Spray
Couple Granola Bars
On the rainy looking days, umbrella

That's about it.

KellyBo bought a new Ogio stand bag and had trouble with it on the golf cart. I guess those hickey bo's that pertrude below the bottom of the bag makes it sit weird on the golf cart. So it depends on whether you are walking or riding most of the time. She had it a month or two and now has a cart bag as we ride all the time.

I usually carry:
Wind shirt
Two bottles of water
About 15 golf balls
Tees and Such
Rain Hood
Sun Screen
Bug Spray
Couple Granola Bars
On the rainy looking days, umbrella

That's about it.

That would bring you close to 25 lbs I am guessing.

KellyBo bought a new Ogio stand bag and had trouble with it on the golf cart. I guess those hickey bo's that pertrude below the bottom of the bag makes it sit weird on the golf cart. So it depends on whether you are walking or riding most of the time. She had it a month or two and now has a cart bag as we ride all the time.

Gray it should have a rubber strap on the back that locks it into place on the cart.

Gray it should have a rubber strap on the back that locks it into place on the cart.

Sounds like a got me a pretty new blue ogio bag!

Sure does. Crazy I know. There's not too much I can take out. Need water for drinking, bug spray to keep the mosquitos away, sun screen so I don't burn to a crisp, golf balls just in case I'm having a wild day off the tee....

Looks like I need a cart bag....

Sure does. Crazy I know. There's not too much I can take out. Need water for drinking, bug spray to keep the mosquitos away, sun screen so I don't burn to a crisp, golf balls just in case I'm having a wild day off the tee....

Looks like I need a cart bag....

When it comes down to it, its not really the bag. Its the weight. Have you looked at a Push Cart maybe instead?

When it comes down to it, its not really the bag. Its the weight. Have you looked at a Push Cart maybe instead?

I haven't. Push cart are SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive than pull carts. Plus the kick-stand gets in the way. I guess I could rotate the bag so it's width-ways, but then it won't fit at all.

There's the spirit!! She didn't get a ladies bag I'm assuming?? Haha

naw 9 - iron,,,, it's a sharp looking royal blue and tan golf bag. Looks kind of like a Ga Tech golf bag but I'm a dawg fan but heck, I will keep that Ogio bag in the stall!

I haven't. Push cart are SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive than pull carts. Plus the kick-stand gets in the way. I guess I could rotate the bag so it's width-ways, but then it won't fit at all.

But they can be had for a similar cost of a new bag, right?

My thought is, getting a new bag does not alleviate the issue for you. You still have to carry your clubs and the weight is not going to go away. A cart ride, push, or pull gets rid of the problem.

Cheapest carts at Golf Town....

Pull Cart- $38

Push Cart- $70

Most push carts are in the $150 range.

naw 9 - iron,,,, it's a sharp looking royal blue and tan golf bag. Looks kind of like a Ga Tech golf bag but I'm a dawg fan but heck, I will keep that Ogio bag in the stall!

Score!! At least it will get some use!!

I'd check out the :sunmountain: 4.5, it doesn't necessarily have the storage space that a cart bag has but does have a good amount. It has 14 dividers, a stand and is light weight. I haven't seen them yet, but they are supposed to be coming out with a new model as well. You might even be able to find it in some stores now. I don't know why but I don't think I'll ever buy anything but SM, just never seem to have any problems with them.

I still have the same question 9I. If the bag is too heavy right now, how does getting a cart bag change that?

I still have the same question 9I. If the bag is too heavy right now, how does getting a cart bag change that?

I guess ultimately getting a cart bag will mean getting a cart as well so I don't have to lug a heavy bag on my back. I guess I always thought getting a cart bag means getting a cart too. That's the way I was looking at it.

I guess ultimately getting a cart bag will mean getting a cart as well so I don't have to lug a heavy bag on my back. I guess I always thought getting a cart bag means getting a cart too. That's the way I was looking at it.

Check your stand bag though for how it sits. You may not have to do that. Or at least not right at the beginning. You can get a cart first and then if it does NOT work, then change bags.

Check your stand bag though for how it sits. You may not have to do that. Or at least not right at the beginning. You can get a cart first and then if it does NOT work, then change bags.

That may be way to go. AdamsGirl has a cart so I'll throw my bag on and see how she fits and go from there.

Off to the inlaws for dinner! Wish me luck! Haha I kid.

I've had my grom for almost a year. Quality is great!!! It does not like my bagboy push cart and tends to roll to one side or the other depending on how I strap it down. This really is a minor gripe about the bag though. It has a rubber strap that locks it to the back of most motorized carts so it doesn't roll from side to side and works extremely well in this application. It has plenty of storage for me...but I pack light. There are other bags out there, so check them out and see what features work best for you....for me it was the grom!

I prefer a cart bag because of the extra storage. I either drive or use a pull cart anyway. I find if I carry my clubs it actually seems to affect my game negatively. You can get a basic pull cart for $50 or so. I have a bag boy that I bought almost 10 yrs ago and it still works fine. I think if you buy a pull cart your back, legs and hopefully your game will thank you.

I prefer a cart bag because of the extra storage. I either drive or use a pull cart anyway. I find if I carry my clubs it actually seems to affect my game negatively. You can get a basic pull cart for $50 or so. I have a bag boy that I bought almost 10 yrs ago and it still works fine. I think if you buy a pull cart your back, legs and hopefully your game will thank you.

Hmmm... I never really thought of it that way... Good observation!

Here in the North, Northeast, most of our courses are referred to as billy goat courses…..lots of uping and downing. If you really like walking the course in many cases a push cart makes the most sense especially if you end up needing room for carrying stuff. Not only are our courses billy goat courses but the weather changes quickly around here. I end up carrying a good deal of stuff, like JB but maybe not for the same reasons. Lots of clicgear push carts around here because they work great and fold down such that they take up very little space.

I have the Ogio Atlas cart bag which I actually think has a feature or two that the more recent Ogios do not have but should have kept. You can still find Ogio Atlas bags out there and they are discounted these days because they are not in the current model set. That said in my view you can’t go wrong with any of the current Ogio cart bags if a cart bag is what you want. They are terrific bags.

I have a stand bag that I take to the range. I definitely see the problem using a stand bag on a push cart. Does not look like a good idea to me either.

I use my callaway warbird x stand bag with my clicgear and it fits very well,I did remove the straps though.

Back