• Cart Bag

Votes: 63 48.8%

• Total voters

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Got the itch get to get a new bag. I've got the Nike SQ Tour Stand bag. It's a good bag, but it's just about time for something new. Not too sure what to get next. I like the portability of stand bags, but my bag currently is just as heavy as a cart bag minus all of the extra storage space. Cart bags mean getting a cart. Not a big deal, but like I said, I like portability.

Right now I'm looking at the OGIO Grom Stand or the OGIO Sultan or Syncro Cart bags.

Thoughts? Stand vs. Cart?

Isnt a stand bag still a cart bag and cart bag still a stand bag? haha

I have a sun mountain C-130 its a "cart bag" but still stands up very nicely, you should check it out.

I really like my Syncro bag. it really comes down to where you play. Do you walk alot and do not use a cart then I would suggest a stand bag. IF you walk with a cart or ride in one I wuld suggest the stand. Hope this helped.

Im not a stand bag kind of guy. I like the extra room and pockets that cart bags offer since I store a lot of things in my golf bag. I also don't walk courses though. That is for serious golfers...hehe

I was a stand bag guy. I don't walk anymore. No courses around me let you walk. So I'm going to get the Ogio Sultan. That bag is an absolute beast.

Im not a stand bag kind of guy. I like the extra room and pockets that cart bags offer since I store a lot of things in my golf bag. I also don't walk courses though. That is for serious golfers...hehe

+1 on more pockets with the cart bag, I love that.

I laughed out loud on the bolded part haha

I have a sun mountain C-130 its a "cart bag" but still stands up very nicely, you should check it out.

My Uncle has one and LOVES it. It's a behemoth of a bag though, but still super nice.

I really like my Syncro bag. it really comes down to where you play. Do you walk alot and do not use a cart then I would suggest a stand bag. IF you walk with a cart or ride in one I wuld suggest the stand. Hope this helped.

If I was smarter, I would have looked at you bag at the Outing! Most times I walk when I play 9 and ride when I play 18. I play 9 more than I play 18, but hoping to change that next season. I'm kinda leaning towards getting a cart then I will keep my stand for when I walk.

Well, I'm glad I'm serious golfer then! Hehe

I was a stand bag guy. I don't walk anymore. No courses around me let you walk. So I'm going to get the Ogio Sultan. That bag is an absolute beast.

Haven't seen one in person yet, but it is a sexy looking bag! Especially in Hoth Camo!

Stand bag is a designation to a bag that has "legs". They usually weigh less and are used to walk courses with (as well as ride).

I use a stand but am thinking about getting a cart bag. I have a clicgear and my bag just doesn't sit well in it.

Does anyone know if the C-130 fits well into a clicgear?

Just got myself a grom. But I'm a serious golfer!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Just got myself a from. But I'm serious!

Apparently not with typing.

Stupid smart phone!

I don't know that I could ever get a cart bag... Maybe MAYBE I'd buy a staff bag for special events, but I love walking courses, and with some of the companies making a stand staff bag, I'm loving it...

Currently gaming the Bridgestone BSG... That being said, they have a lot of hybrid bags that have the flashiness of the stand bag with the functionality of a stand bag.

Wow, that is unique...hehe :alien:

haha damnit.. I meant the flashiness of a staff bag with the functionality of a stand bag. I see your alien and raise you a francis.
francis.gif

haha damnit.. I meant the flashiness of a staff bag with the functionality of a stand bag. I see your alien and raise you a francis.
francis.gif

Epic fail....hehe

Haha Canadan is having a rough day in the wording category

We give him a break, he spells color with a U and check with a Q. It happens to our friends from the North.

Back on topic, 9I, it really comes down to whether you walk or not and when you do, if you carry or use a push cart. I believe when we played in FL, you said you like to walk and carry most of the time correct?

I use a stand but am thinking about getting a cart bag. I have a clicgear and my bag just doesn't sit well in it.

Does anyone know if the C-130 fits well into a clicgear?

I'm not sure any stand bag would work with a pull/push cart unless you loaded it on sideways. Had the same problem with my bag and cart (Adidas Ascend stand bag and BagBoy F-350 cart). When I put the bag on the base of the cart, it rested on the pedal that pops out the stand legs. Plus, the bag was about 1" short of resting on the top part of the cart's frame so it never fit right on the cart at all. Gave that bag to a friend whose bag was ready to be retired and now I just use the cart bag which fits perfectly on my BagBoy.

We give him a break, he spells color with a U and check with a Q. It happens to our friends from the North.

Back on topic, 9I, it really comes down to whether you walk or not and when you do, if you carry or use a push cart. I believe when we played in FL, you said you like to walk and carry most of the time correct?

I do, but carrying my bag can be a plain is the butt sometimes. Fully loaded my bag weighs over 25 pounds. On a hot day it becomes quite cumbersome.

We also eat poutine on the chesterfield while wearing a tuque.

That is a great point.. Anyone who uses a push cart would likely benefit from the roundness of the stand bag. Carry bags seem to be brutal when attached to push carts.

I do, but carrying my bag can be a plain is the butt sometimes. Fully loaded my bag weighs over 25 pounds. On a hot day it becomes quite cumbersome.

Wow our friends up North are struggling today...hehe

Yeah 9I, that is tough. Are there things you could remove?

Back