Shot Scope X5 Watch

Myself as well. It really comes in handy even on courses you play all the time. One thing I can't say enough about is the yardage button when looking for your ball. It helps soo much in identifying a smaller search area.
Last shot really is one of the underrated features of the X5

When i launched app today to prepare for first round of the year it says there is a new firmware update.
Was already on 2.1.84
Anyone know what the new one is?
Also it is trying to update the firmare but it ony gets about 5% of the way and doesn't continue updating...
2.1.85 is the latest firmware. Nothing has been said about what it does. Try signing out of the app, deleting it, downloading it again. Try to update again. If no better, then maybe try a hard reset of the watch. If that still doesn't work, try a factory reset.

Got the X5 in tow and ready to get some stats for 2024, good or bad

Got the X5 in tow and ready to get some stats for 2024, good or bad
I waited in anticipation for the hole view to come out, only to realize that I don't have data from my new driver yet. But that's a me problem, nothing at fault with Shot Scope.

I should have had data, but since I didn't set up my bag correctly I'll have to wait until I get at least 5 rounds in.

played full round today with X5. Only issue I’ve had was with the user as it continues to tell me that I’m not a very good putter…. Overall been great this year!

nice. Still battling between X5 and V5. Kinda like the grey band and the idea of touchacrepn. But seems some don’t care for it or think it’s as responsive. Battery life for the V5. Hmm

Only issue I’ve had was with the user as it continues to tell me that I’m not a very good putter….
I thought it was just picking on me. Glad to hear it's not just me......lol

I thought it was just picking on me. Glad to hear it's not just me......lol
I'd like to blame my struggles on the watch... but my putting speaks volumes right now....

Ok

One thing that really impressed me today was how quickly this thing charges. I forgot to plug it in last night and remembered in a bit of a panic this morning, and it was fully charged from 25% or so in tons of time for me to get to the course. Still struggling a bit with figuring out the nice spot for it to sit on my wrist so that it doesn’t interfere with my glove, but I’m happy there hasn’t been a force quit so far this year from that happening.

I'd like to blame my struggles on the watch... but my putting speaks volumes right now....
I can just keep blaming it on how bad I am at remembering to tag putts. Everything else is working way better with the watch than last season. Only problems at this point are the 9s still being mixed up at my home course and user error.

One thing that really impressed me today was how quickly this thing charges. I forgot to plug it in last night and remembered in a bit of a panic this morning, and it was fully charged from 25% or so in tons of time for me to get to the course. Still struggling a bit with figuring out the nice spot for it to sit on my wrist so that it doesn’t interfere with my glove, but I’m happy there hasn’t been a force quit so far this year from that happening.
I noticed the same thing today. Was t 30% or so when I left the house. 89% when I got to the course 30 minutes later.

Can somebody explain to the idiot which of there are the good? Plus or minus?

1713147179240.png

Actually, based on this and knowing how I putted today (please hurry F-3!!!!!!!), minus must be bad.

1713147275765.png

Actually, based on this and knowing how I putted today (please hurry F-3!!!!!!!), minus must be bad.

View attachment 9257299
Plus is good. You are picking up that many shots on the field. Minus is bad. You are losing the negative number of shots vs the field.

Do most play with auto putt or the manual putt? What’s the real difference with the watch and how it views your putting distance?

Do most play with auto putt or the manual putt? What’s the real difference with the watch and how it views your putting distance?
I had really bad luck with auto, so I've only used manual, which I fail at pretty regularly also.

Still struggling a bit with figuring out the nice spot for it to sit on my wrist so that it doesn’t interfere with my glove,
Try closing the strap of your glove at an angle toward your index finger. It seems to create a gap where the Crown button is when I do that.
Two things I found about Auto putting. I really needed to take a couple of exaggerated, massive practice swings to have the position of my first putt be recorded somewhat correctly. Then, that really looked stupid doing it for tap-ins, so I just let those little undetected putts default to 2-foot putts. Putting, Auto or Manual, always seems to need editing to get the location correct of not only the putts, but the hole location. GPS just isn't accurate enough at this size and price point.

2.1.85 is the latest firmware. Nothing has been said about what it does. Try signing out of the app, deleting it, downloading it again. Try to update again. If no better, then maybe try a hard reset of the watch. If that still doesn't work, try a factory reset.
I had to do a factory reset to get the update to take.

My watch is still going to last shot distance despite me wearing short sleeves, no glove and not touching the watch at all.

I had to do a factory reset to get the update to take.

My watch is still going to last shot distance despite me wearing short sleeves, no glove and not touching the watch at all.
At least the factory reset got you past the update problem. Not very often, but now and then, I'll look at my watch, and I'll see the last shot distance counting off.

Ran into the first issue with the X5 today. Placed it on the charger last night and realized this morning it isn't charging fast at all. Only at 36% and it has been on the charger since yesterday.

Update went through but firmware is the same.
First round with it. Thought I had auto putting on but outside of the number of putts screen where I select once on the green there was nothing asking me where the pin was. Is that normal?

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I did the firmware update the other day and I've been disappointed on how many shots the X5 has missed so far this year.
Are the two related - don't know.
Admittedly. it could be that I got out of the habit over the winter of tapping the watch with the tag to ensure it was read.

Seem to be getting 1% per 15 mins. Wonder if it could be the charger or the port on the watch?

Back