Shot Scope X5 Watch

Much better interacting with customer service this time ago, I think they fixed the problem. Will find out for sure hopefully in the next couple days.

Where are the rest of you at with scoring and putting modes? I quit trying to keep score with all the other glitches I was fighting initially (honestly don't think I'll go back to trying to keep score on there as I'm pretty happy using the GHIN app for that). I finally remembered to switch it back to manual putting since I did the factory reset, had way better luck with this than using the tag and auto, but maybe the auto is better now?

I'm still finding the post round editing to be rather cumbersome, though having the putting situation back to manual so help. Have you all found that you've gotten better with little things in round that makes this easier as you use it more? Any pointers?
Never use scoring and use manual putting as i don't have a tag on my SS gripped putter. Editing is tedious but necessary

Reactions: Bus
Never use scoring and use manual putting as i don't have a tag on my SS gripped putter. Editing is tedious but necessary
Does it get less tedious as you use it more?

Depends on what part of editing you consider "tedious". My editing is mostly adjusting the hole location and putt locations, and occasionally the location of a shot that is at the edge of a feature and has been recorded wrong due to GPS inaccuracy. Rarely do I have to add or remove shots. I keep a scorecard for my score, FIRs, GIRs and putts because that is what I have done for ages and long before I started using any tracking technology.

The other advantage of keeping the scorecard like that is that it gives me something to compare with what Shot Scope is saying in regard to shot locations and all those stats, again, due to inherent GPS inaccuracy more than anything. I know standing over the ball, if it is along the edge of the fairway, if it is in the fairway or in the rough. The same with a ball that is at the edge of the green. Standing over it, I know if it is on the collar or on the green. Plus, I don't find editing tedious at all, as I actually enjoy going back over my round.

Absolutely! As you get better with the watch on the course, the editing will require less input. I can't remember to mark putts for the life of me. Sometimes if you pull a club a swing quickly...like when you're completely pissed off about a shot(never happened to me personally :rolleyes:)...the tag may not get read and will require editing, etc. I still miss a few shots each round because I just don't have the patience to be as diligent as I should be to catch every single shot

X5 took forever to find the course yesterday and when it did it was going crazy thinking I was trying to swipe up to unlock constantly. Ended up having to do a hard restart and start over. Worked fine after that. I do still have at least one hole where it puts in putts before I even look at the screen which always messes tracking and scoring up.

Depends on what part of editing you consider "tedious". My editing is mostly adjusting the hole location and putt locations, and occasionally the location of a shot that is at the edge of a feature and has been recorded wrong due to GPS inaccuracy. Rarely do I have to add or remove shots. I keep a scorecard for my score, FIRs, GIRs and putts because that is what I have done for ages and long before I started using any tracking technology.

The other advantage of keeping the scorecard like that is that it gives me something to compare with what Shot Scope is saying in regard to shot locations and all those stats, again, due to inherent GPS inaccuracy more than anything. I know standing over the ball, if it is along the edge of the fairway, if it is in the fairway or in the rough. The same with a ball that is at the edge of the green. Standing over it, I know if it is on the collar or on the green. Plus, I don't find editing tedious at all, as I actually enjoy going back over my round.

I do similar with the GHIN app for scorekeeping, and it's the only way I can remember things to get a moderately close representation of the shots that my watch missed. Part of it is user error for sure that I feel confident will get better.

I went out and played a few holes today. Ended my round, synced the round like I always do and for the second time in a row, nothing. It’s like the round never happened. I watched the round upload to the app and it was said it was completed, but my last two rounds never got uploaded.
Anyone else experience this?
I had this happen on the weekend. It happened at a course that is made up of three 9s. After the first nine it asked if we were moving onto a new 9, confirmed by selecting the course on the screen. Once we were at the tee box it was back at the home screen, d'oh. I restarted the x5 and selected the new nine. After the round, the regular finishing screen confirmed all the data was tracked. Upon syncing with the app, only the first 9 was uploaded, and when signing off, the 9th hole was a combination of the 9th and 18th data.

Strange and unfortunate because it was a good round and I wanted to review the data.

I had this happen on the weekend. It happened at a course that is made up of three 9s. After the first nine it asked if we were moving onto a new 9, confirmed by selecting the course on the screen. Once we were at the tee box it was back at the home screen, d'oh. I restarted the x5 and selected the new nine. After the round, the regular finishing screen confirmed all the data was tracked. Upon syncing with the app, only the first 9 was uploaded, and when signing off, the 9th hole was a combination of the 9th and 18th data.

Strange and unfortunate because it was a good round and I wanted to review the data.
Contact support, they will be able to recover that I would imagine.

That is a bummer when you are wanting to review the stats. I have not had this issue since I updated a long time ago.

That is a bummer when you are wanting to review the stats. I have not had this issue since I updated a long time ago.
Ya it was a bummer. First round of the year as spring is finally opening the courses north of the 49. I've mostly has no issues with the v3 and now the x5. It was also the first round after the most recent firmware, so I hope it's not buggy.

Ya it was a bummer. First round of the year as spring is finally opening the courses north of the 49. I've mostly has no issues with the v3 and now the x5. It was also the first round after the most recent firmware, so I hope it's not buggy.
Mine has worked incredibly well since I did the update a ways back. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you.

Looked through my watch settings this morning trying to get everything set up to play today, and I think when I updated to the new software it switched everything back to factory and I failed to check that before teeing off last weekend. I'm interested in trying the automatic putting tracking, it would be nice to have less to think about while I'm playing - I ended up having to do a lot of editing after last weekend's round on putting especially, and those stats are something I'm hoping to track a lot better this season. Had a quick glance at my strokes gained after editing, and it appears that one of the things I focused on this winter was something that has improved (approach play was +4 strokes gained, pretty limited data set I know) - but it helps to show the stat tracking can definitely highlight areas where you struggle and assist with your practice planning!

Looked through my watch settings this morning trying to get everything set up to play today, and I think when I updated to the new software it switched everything back to factory and I failed to check that before teeing off last weekend. I'm interested in trying the automatic putting tracking, it would be nice to have less to think about while I'm playing - I ended up having to do a lot of editing after last weekend's round on putting especially, and those stats are something I'm hoping to track a lot better this season. Had a quick glance at my strokes gained after editing, and it appears that one of the things I focused on this winter was something that has improved (approach play was +4 strokes gained, pretty limited data set I know) - but it helps to show the stat tracking can definitely highlight areas where you struggle and assist with your practice planning!
Same thing happened with mine, which makes sense. Hoping now that I've got it set back how I like it there will be less editing.

My first round this year wearing it missed 6 shots and I think most of those were the 1-3 footers from the green.

My first round this year wearing it missed 6 shots and I think most of those were the 1-3 footers from the green.
I'll keep an eye on that this afternoon. I did like the vibrate for pin collect/scoring confirmation, because I forgot.....roughly 18 times.

I'll keep an eye on that this afternoon. I did like the vibrate for pin collect/scoring confirmation, because I forgot.....roughly 18 times.
I forget once or twice a round. It's a personal problem, I'm a lefty who plays golf right handed with a watch on my left hand so I don't really use my right hand for a lot of stuff so I try to make it a point to remember to enter in as I'm at the cup, but in my rush to get away from other people's line or just out of their way sometimes I forget.

Agreed CS was great and sent me a clue of broken iron tags so I wouldn't have to buy a set of 16 just for 6 iron and pw

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Are you using Auto putting mode and forgetting to include them in the number you select when marking the hole location? Remember, you count all times the putter is used and the system sorts out actual "putts" from "chips" where the putter was used and accounts for those "chips" in your short game stats.

Are you using Auto putting mode and forgetting to include them in the number you select when marking the hole location? Remember, you count all times the putter is used and the system sorts out actual "putts" from "chips" where the putter was used and accounts for those "chips" in your short game stats.
Yes, I'm counting them all.

One more round in the books and it is back to working flawless again. I found myself grabbing for the laser less with the overhead view

First time out with the auto putting tracking - pretty good. Battery life seems much better than last year, haven’t had any of the random shut downs or mid round crashes yet, and only missed one shot on todays round. Going to take a bit of getting used to wearing a watch again, still trying to find that comfortable tightness/spot where it doesn’t slip down, but pretty good so far.

When i launched app today to prepare for first round of the year it says there is a new firmware update.
Was already on 2.1.84
Anyone know what the new one is?
Also it is trying to update the firmare but it ony gets about 5% of the way and doesn't continue updating...

One more round in the books and it is back to working flawless again. I found myself grabbing for the laser less with the overhead view
Myself as well. It really comes in handy even on courses you play all the time. One thing I can't say enough about is the yardage button when looking for your ball. It helps soo much in identifying a smaller search area.

Back