Shot Scope X5 Watch

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Shot Scope’s popular V3 watch, introduced almost three years ago, has proven to be immensely popular with its combination of GPS and automatic shot tracking. Building off that success, the company is introducing the all-new Shot Scope X5.

How do you improve on a product like the V3 watch? While you’ll find detractors for any product, the overwhelming amount of positive feedback on the THP forums could almost suggest that there isn’t much room for improvement, but Shot Scope didn’t see it that way. In addition to an all-new look, the X5 has a number of new and exciting features that may entice V3 owners to consider an upgrade.

Continue reading...

Ohhh myyy!!!!

What an improvement!!!

:love::love::love:

Absolutely love what they did. Making this a daily watch, the touch screen features as well as the new pin placement is a way to narrow down your target.

A big curiosity I have is how long does the battery last in strictly the watch step counter mode?

Did I understand correctly from the article? If you are taking practice swings, let's say one, before the actual swing, both are registered as shots from the same spot, if the pause round feature was not used? Or that only one is registered?

Asking because I do often take 1-2 practice swings for a shot...

Great work @Hawk, these look great!!

Did I understand correctly from the article? If you are taking practice swings, let's say one, before the actual swing, both are registered as shots from the same spot, if the pause round feature was not used? Or that only one is registered?

Asking because I do often take 1-2 practice swings for a shot...

No, we remove practice swings/waggles so only the actual swing is captured for shot tracking purposes.

No, we remove practice swings/waggles so only the actual swing is captured for shot tracking purposes.
Excellent news! Thanks for the quick answer. The new X5 is looking like a winner already.

Can’t recommend enough to those interested to look through the features like the 5 faces of the watch, and especially just watch the quick videos on their sight to get an idea of the touch screen use.

Just like that something new and improved pops up. Looks like a great upgrade to an already fantastic product. Might very well upgrade my v3.

When I first saw this, I said to @GavinwithaR1 that it was as if they were reading my note pad on the V3 for improvement. What I meant by that was that I loved the V3 and still do. I think its best in class in functionality too.

But to add something super feature rich was what I was after and they nailed it with the X5. I have only seen it, not used it yet, but I am excited to get out to the Data Experience with the team and THPers.

This is going to get a serious look from me.

I liked the shotscope and stats, but had a bad habit of forgetting to tag clubs, so stayed with my Garmin S62.
The fact I don’t have to tag clubs every time is huge. With the Garmin I have to manually select club hit after every shot, and it doesn’t offer near the litany of data post round that I did like about the shotscope.

Also that midnight blue is pretty!

It looks really cool. Never could get my previous version to work.

Well this couldn't have come at a better time. NEEDING to move on from the Apple Watch and was strongly considering a move back to Garmin. Either S62, Epix 2 or Fenix 7.

This might change some things.

Can’t recommend enough to those interested to look through the features like the 5 faces of the watch, and especially just watch the quick videos on their sight to get an idea of the touch screen use.

Did the v3 have a step counter?

Plus the blue....the gray....these look good.

Excellent write up @Hawk and well done Shot Scope! Great improvements on an already great product!

@GavinwithaR1 the ShotScope V3 was everything I wanted for golf, but nothing that I needed for everyday life. So, that kept me from purchasing and honestly still would today. The H4 was a great compromise for me, but as others have indicated unless you make it part of your routine it's cumbersome.

These new X5 watches are going to be a homerun! :love: It checks every box for golf and enough of the boxes I need for everyday use that it's a front runner this year for golf purchases.

Kudos to the ShotScope team, @jenisontheforum and you on this!

I just placed my order for a midnight blue. I love supporting this company. The V3 helped me look at my game in a new way and the 2022 Data Experience was an incredible success. Looking forward to this next generation. Awesome work @GavinwithaR1!

This update looks fantastic! I'm excited to see how the updates affect game play. I love the V3, and if they made it better then watch out!

I just placed my order for a midnight blue. I love supporting this company. The V3 helped me look at my game in a new way and the 2022 Data Experience was an incredible success. Looking forward to this next generation. Awesome work @GavinwithaR1!

It is likely I have one of these heading my way today as well, for the same reason you outlined

Back